Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tatiana's Walls - Salon de Venus

by Tatiana Dokuchic Posted 27th Nov 2007 at 1:09 AM - Updated 4th Jun 2009 at 6:36 PM by Tatiana Dokuchic

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 11:04 AM
That is absolutely beautiful!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 11:40 AM
Will you stop this! Now I have to download this, as well! Oh, so beautiful! I'm a great fan of yours, and when you get the entire lot series done, it should be the exact recreation of the palace.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 11:57 AM
wow. thats all i can say is wow! amazing work. :D

=^.^= Treacherous Kitten =^.^=

*Life is like a box of chocolates, sometimes it's squidgy & sometimes it's nuts, most of the time it's nuts*
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 2:11 PM
wow.
This should be featured.
Amazing detail.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 2:16 PM
puzzled! o__o just wow!
#7 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 4:21 PM
This is absolutly amazing! I can't wait to see the final palace!
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 6:04 PM
I'm floored by the detailing, absolutely beautiful! Wonderful work.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 9:11 PM
So very beautiful Tatiana!! I especially love that ceiling...did you edit that into your photos or use an actual ceiling?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 9:50 PM
Thank you so much, everyone. I'm so glad that you like this collection. Versailles is a beautiful place, so I really enjoy working with all of these images.

FranH & Vampire of Death, I'm looking forward to seeing this project completed as well but at the rate I'm going the Sims 3 may be out and I will have to start all over again.

--- Tatiana ---

You can find out more about my creations at the SterlingSims2 Creator's Forum Tatiana's Tea Room.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orion's Belt
So very beautiful Tatiana!! I especially love that ceiling...did you edit that into your photos or use an actual ceiling?

Thanks Georgie! I appreciate you stopping by & your kind comments.

That is the actual ceiling as it looks in the lot. I managed to extend jgwhiteus' ceiling tile & the Inge Jones ceiling controller to work with a large 9x9 tile. This saved me from having to recolour & then place 81 individual tiles to create it. lol. When this 9x9 tile has been tested with a broader audience, I plan to update the set so that there are more choices for ceiling recolours. For those that are interested in more information about the ceiling follow the link in the first post.

--- Tatiana ---

You can find out more about my creations at the SterlingSims2 Creator's Forum Tatiana's Tea Room.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 11:20 PM
Thanks so much Tat! This mod is an wonderful asset at the Creator's Forum!

Check out Http://www.Sterlingsims2.com and the SIMposium forum!
NEW! The Creator's Forum at Sterling Sims2.com
Free Sims2 Downloads!
http://www.sterlingsims2.com/phpBB2/index.php
Mad Poster
#13 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 2:16 AM
Tatiana: just one simple request (ok, not so simple)..you like challenges, and you've taken on the big one-by redoing Versailles; Would you be interested in doing the Hall of Mirrors as a wall paper, or perhaps objects?
That one would be spectacular, to out do your most spectacular work. Also, you might consider doing another French chateau masterpiece-Malmaison, where Josephine lived after her divorce from Napoleon.
Just suggestions-I think you're probably pretty busy as it is. Louis XIV would be so proud of you!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 4:06 AM
Breathtaking, Tatiana! Keep up the great work!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 5:26 AM
Gorgeous and simply outstanding! Awesome job!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 9:22 PM
Many thanks, Tatiana, for your wonderful job in recreating our past. I wish people realize how difficult is to make those authentic things.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 10:05 PM
Thanks Skye. I'm so glad that the ceiling MOD is working out for everyone!

Hey Fran, yes I already have the Hall of Mirrors designed as far as the walls go. I'm currently looking at meshing mirrors that are the exact reflections of the doors that are opposite them. Don't hold your breath, as my experience with mirror meshes has been about 50-50. lol. Thanks for the suggestions of Josephine's Malmasion. I love her story as well.

Nice to see you here, Von. Thanks!

Thank you, Linda. You always manage to brighten my day.

YVW nanisim. Thank you for your kind comments. I do find the simming of historical items very challenging & a lot of fun as well.

--- Tatiana ---

Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 2:36 AM
hey this is just amazing! Thank you very much for doing this great and super elegant work, continue like that please!
oh, and in the screenshots, what is that floor? i like it very much, aslo the ceiling and curtains, actually i loved all the screenshots, they are just beautiful and very elegant.
Thanks!

.Peace & Hugs.
<3
  1. Turtles (Lol :D)
  2. Save Ducks 8-)
  3. Give *Hugs*
  4. Eat Cupcakes <3
  5. Enjoy Life and be nice :)
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 2:39 AM Last edited by aleemor : 6th Dec 2007 at 3:11 AM.
I just cant stop laughing of happiness this is soo beautiful cant wait until download finishes to start using it ^^ i loved this walls :lovestruc ! thank yoouu sooo mucchh

.Peace & Hugs.
<3
  1. Turtles (Lol :D)
  2. Save Ducks 8-)
  3. Give *Hugs*
  4. Eat Cupcakes <3
  5. Enjoy Life and be nice :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 2:26 PM
I'm glad that you like this collection, aleemor. If you follow the link in the first post for the corresponding lot you will see a list of credits for all of the content in the pictures.

--- Tatiana ---

Test Subject
#21 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 1:22 AM
These are very beautiful; however, when downloaded they show up as grey in the game.
Have I done something wrong?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by meroving32
These are very beautiful; however, when downloaded they show up as grey in the game.
Have I done something wrong?

Hey there meroving32

I've been trying to figure out why that would happen. There is nothing technically special about this set, just decompress & place in your download folder. I haven't heard of any other problems so I'm hoping that if you try again it will work out for you. Good luck.

--- Tatiana ---

Test Subject
#23 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 10:21 PM
Thank you for your reply.
I keep doing as you said, however the results are sadly the same. I recently read that wallpapers must be sized at exactly 256X512 pixels (or multiples of these; the ratio must be the same) in order for them to work for Mac users (I have a mac.) Do you know if yours are sized in such a manner?
My greatest passion is everything about Versailles and Louis XIV, and I would hate to miss out on all of your exquisite creations.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by meroving32
Thank you for your reply.
I keep doing as you said, however the results are sadly the same. I recently read that wallpapers must be sized at exactly 256X512 pixels (or multiples of these; the ratio must be the same) in order for them to work for Mac users (I have a mac.) Do you know if yours are sized in such a manner?
My greatest passion is everything about Versailles and Louis XIV, and I would hate to miss out on all of your exquisite creations.

Hello again, meroving

Well they say that you learn something new every day and after creating literally hundreds if not thousands of walls it is the first time I have heard about the Mac requirements.

I always create my walls at 256x768 because that is what they are resized to in the PC version (i.e. a 1:3 ratio). I found that if they are created at 256x512 (1:2) an inevitable "stretch" occurs distorting the design.

Sorry about that and thanks for the information.

--- Tatiana ---

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 2:48 AM
Hi Tatiana,I am absolutely stoked with this! I tried to get the lot from your creators forum but it is too large and the server does not support the resume download function so it keeps dropping out at 70percent. Anyway, since this wall set is here now, I was hoping you have the ceiling tiles somewhere separately for download? Many thanks!!
Page 1 of 2