Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Katrina Cottages' Homes for Your Post-Disaster Sims -No CC!- (21-25 of 25)

by Phaenoh Posted 21st Dec 2007 at 2:19 AM - Updated 9th Jan 2009 at 2:59 AM by Phaenoh

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 6:19 AM
I think you have just done a wonderful job with all of these!
I love building houses, but am horrid at starter homes, so I had
to grab up a few of these. Thanks so very much!

You can find some of my older houses HERE
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 8:37 AM
Oh wow these are very nice for starter homes. My grandmother was effected by Katrina (she stayed in LA) but thanks for the homes.

Nikki

Thank you for everything! You all are great those who create and those who download! Thank you!

If you're looking to read a Sims 4 drama visit Amanda Lived
Alchemist
#4 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 12:56 PM
I am collecting them all, like pokemon, only with a purpose. (sorry, I just woke up, lol)
Thanks for this whole excellent series. With these & your Nana series, I never have to build a starter home again, and I can stop stressing about building vacation homes.
I get more fun out of playing than building: my houses are usually rushed & it shows, they are not attractive, lol, and not always very functional. And I suck at roofing, I never know what to do with those roof pieces. So, my whole neighborhood thanks you for sparing them the horrors of my architecture.
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 1:06 PM
I really like these houses and the reason behind them. Thanks so much for sharing these with everyone.
Scholar
#6 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 7:06 PM
MORE!?!?? * makes you my official sims 2 diety* your awsome
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 9:02 PM
Since I usually like to try and make things for myself, I usually avoid downloading lots, but these are just so perfect and small, and without CC that I am going to have to give in. It will save me alot of time dealing with vacation homes.

I've been watching your advancement as a creator since I first saw your gorgeous entry in the Ancients contest. I chose your Sand Simoleon terrain for my newest neighborhood project (keeping the name you chose of course). There houses go perfectly with the ones I have filled the neighborhood with, and now that my sims are becoming more prosperous, it seems time that I create a vacation neighborhood for Sand Simoleon.

Thanks again for creating some beautiful, simple, functional things for us to use in game. Your work has really blossomed in these few months. Many people have been inspired to create because of you, I'm sure.

Musiquefille's Modest Mods - well, lots really.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 10:12 PM
Aww! Thats so sweet of you to say Musiquefille, thank you!

Thanks to everyone else for commenting too! Reading comments makes creating worth it for me!
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 2:56 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 7th Feb 2008 at 2:37 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Oh, Thank you for these small, yet nice houses! I plan to put them in my "downtown" to replace the Maxis houses.
Scholar
#10 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 1:00 PM
Thank you very much for these simple but practical and pretty houses. These will be good for all the times I have small families with small budgets, especially as the houses contrast nicely with some of the more complex houses I've built in my game (yours are much tidier, for a start!)
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 3:57 AM
WOW! They may be small homes but there are so many. You've done a great job as far as accuracy. I'm totally down with the new urbanism. Bigger is not always better.

I reject your reality and substitue my own.
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 6:11 PM
Since I'm constantly starting new neighborhoods and families, I'm always in desperate need of some new starter homes, and I get tired of making them myself. These are fantastic, and will look even better in the neighboorhood you created, I am so excited! I think they will look great together, and finally my 'hood will look like a real place instead of the usual hodgepodge I make LOL. Thanks for these!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th Feb 2008 at 5:22 AM
FEMA will screw it up again, though the intentions are good. FEMA is run by people placed there unknowingly for the lucky few that get these, the problem still isn't solved because FEMA, last I recall, has threatened to move them out of those as well and make them support themselves despite the huge lack of jobs. These homes are great homes though, following the floorplans accurately and functioning as lower-class sim homes.
Thanks,
Cjh3787
Forum Resident
#14 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 12:32 AM
Wonderful! Thank you.
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 11:13 PM
This is my first ever post and I am so glad it is a thank you. Thank you for this creation. The cottages are really amazing! You put forth a great effort in their design for the game. I also checked out the link and thought they were really cool. Thanks again for these cottages, they are fantastic!!
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Feb 2008 at 11:17 AM
I'm starting a new hood and I just downloaded your Sand Simolean Point for a sub hood and all your starter houses. They all look wonderful and I'm very much looking forward to start playing with them. I want to thank you for all your hard work. I really really appriciate being able to download these. Thanks.

Oh and I also downloaded all your default replacment of Maxis clothing. (And most of your other clothing too) It'll be great to be able to actually use it. So once again I'd like to thank you for what you have done for my game.

Pink

Dial a Llama quote:

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.
Dalai Lama
Test Subject
#17 Old 13th Feb 2008 at 8:17 PM
Yay for getting featured!

I adore all of these houses. I want to thank you for all of your effort, they areally are beautiful.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Feb 2008 at 8:35 PM
Welcome welcome everyone!
Test Subject
#19 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 12:40 AM
Thank you for these. What a thoughtful upload, thanks.
Test Subject
#20 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 10:04 PM Last edited by Vonster : 20th Feb 2008 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Made a mistake :-)
***start thank you letter***

Dear Phae,
Thank you very much for these lovely houses. I find it difficult to make starter homes which do not all look the same and I appreciate your time and creative effort in translating these from the plans. I have always had trouble making houses from plans as well! My poor "battler" sims, fighting the odds and doing it tough, will be glad to have the use of these homes.
From Vonster

***end thank you letter***
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 3:47 AM
I had actually started building these about six months ago - and (not being very good at building) it was taking forever so after a couple, I just stopped. I love these little houses in real life. And I couldn't wait for my sims to have them. Now I can stop building them - and just use yours! Thank you so much for these.

Susie & Kenny
She's an angel, he's a devil - perfect!
Test Subject
#22 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 2:04 PM
I absolutely looovee these houses. I never ever comment, but this is really worth it. I have downloaded all of then and use them all in my Starter Street.

Thanks a bunch (:
Scholar
#23 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 7:59 PM
The fact that your homes have been featured comes as no surprise to me...your work just keeps on gettin' better n' better!
You're like that slogan for Smuckers: If it's Phaenoh it HAS to be good!!
I love this series of homes that you've created, too bad the government did not think it was important enough to do as much for the Katrina victims!
Thanks so much for these!!

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 4:31 PM
Thanks for these! I live fairly close to New Orleans and know some people who could use these. Luckily, we just got the edge of the hurricane and were only out of power for a week and needed roof repairs. Many people around us lost a lot more than that and my heart goes out to them. It would break your heart to hear their stories. I only wish that none of you will ever have to experience the horrors that these people went through. And, please, let us not forget those who were hit in Mississippi. They actually got it worse than we did. New Orleans just got more attention.

"They can jump, and land, and have no natural predators. Unless, of course, you count me!" *SH-BOOF!* - The Maxx
Field Researcher
#25 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 6:11 AM
As a Mississippi Katrina victim, I have viewed these lots with mixed emotions. While I don't want anything related to Katrina in my game, I just had to say thank you for sharing these. You have done an excellent job.
Page 1 of 2