Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Celebration & Custom Cakes can be placed in OFB Decra-Chill Food Display (Updated 2008/09/01) AL compatible

by Lord Darcy Posted 24th Dec 2007 at 5:30 PM - Updated 24th Jul 2011 at 8:13 AM by Lord Darcy : Updated to v1.1b

55 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 31 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Demon Sheep
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 5:58 PM
Oh yay! This is a wonderful fix, Lord Darcy. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 6:01 PM Last edited by fanseelamb : 24th Dec 2007 at 6:05 PM. Reason: Is a "Thanks" post
Great fix! I was always irritated with the limitations of the food display. This makes things a lot easier. Thanks so much!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 6:08 PM
Great fix. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 6:13 PM
This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing and Happy Holidays!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 6:29 PM
OMG I looovvveeee youuuuuuuuuu!! *mashes the thank you button*
Excellent job. You made this better than I could have hoped for. :lovestruc
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 6:54 PM
*Worships*

OMG yes! I was So frustrated that I couldn't put any user made foods in my display cases! Thank you so much!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 7:15 PM
Just in time for my next rotation play of my bakery! TY!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 7:18 PM
Hooray! Great idea!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 7:35 PM
Awsome fix!!! Thank you so much for sharing. Need to go remake a bakery.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 8:12 PM
Once again our wonderful creators fix something that EAxis broke. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 8:21 PM
Thank you! This is wonderful, just what I needed.
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 10:03 PM
I could be wrong, but I think your fix (the Maxiscakesonly fix) removed the Maxis birthday cake from my game when I deleted some content (presumably from Celebration stuff, which I don't have) that it wouldn't load.

I also can't serve food or do the 'grab a plate' action. The option is listed, but nothing happens. I can only think of this download as the possible cause, but I haven't tried loading the game after removing it yet.

Thanks anyway.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 10:39 PM
a really brilliant fix!!! thanks!!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 10:47 PM
Thanks!! Should we remove it when we get new EPs or SPs??
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 10:47 PM
u're awsome! i need this so bad for my bakeries...of which i have several.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 11:01 PM
Hooray! Apart from this useful increase in the capabilities of the food rack, I have finally found out what it is supposed to do in the game, apart from wasting space as a decoration with little-to-no Environment score!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 25th Dec 2007 at 12:19 AM
Thank you. My bakeries will no longer suck.
Instructor
#19 Old 25th Dec 2007 at 12:34 AM
oh how cool i usually use windkeepers space savers on let them set on top of the OFB Decra-Chill Food Display but this mod gives me another way

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 25th Dec 2007 at 1:12 AM
You are FABULOUS! Thanks a million! No more using invisible magisplay trays! This will save me so much time! Thank you! Thank you Thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 25th Dec 2007 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by YamLin
I could be wrong, but I think your fix (the Maxiscakesonly fix) removed the Maxis birthday cake from my game when I deleted some content (presumably from Celebration stuff, which I don't have) that it wouldn't load.

The Maxis Cakes Only version enables only seven Celebration cakes to be placed in food display, and nothing else. If you don't have Celebration SP, this version will be entirely pointless.
Where did you put this fix? If you put it into the \TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins folder, the delete button in the object catalog should have been disabled, preventing accidental deletion of Maxis objects. I had this happened to me a couple of times, back when I didn't know about overrides folder. The "deleted" Maxis objects were back in game when I restarted the game.

Quote: Originally posted by YamLin
I also can't serve food or do the 'grab a plate' action. The option is listed, but nothing happens. I can only think of this download as the possible cause, but I haven't tried loading the game after removing it yet.

I had no problem in serving food or grabbing plates with this fix installed. I'm not sure if it may cause a problem in some EP/SP combination.

I posted an alternate NoPreventPlacement version for the people that have OFB but do not have Celebration SP.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#22 Old 25th Dec 2007 at 9:11 AM
Very thoughtful, thanks,
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 25th Dec 2007 at 11:02 AM
This was very needed, Lord Darcy I resorted to use fake decra-chill but i can now go back to the real one! Thank you for that mod!

If i understand correctly, it only affects the decrachill, but will it clash with Numenor's 'Place custom content on OFB shelves' global mod? I'm already using that mod to be able to sell all custom content & since it's a global mod i'm a bit worried...?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Dec 2007 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
If i understand correctly, it only affects the decrachill, but will it clash with Numenor's 'Place custom content on OFB shelves' global mod? I'm already using that mod to be able to sell all custom content & since it's a global mod i'm a bit worried...?

It won't clash with Numenor's mod. You still need Numenor's mod to sell custom objects that aren't "OFB-Ready", be it on Decra-Chill or on regular shelves. In "No Prevent Placement" version, I only removed the "discrimination" of Decra-Chill, making it accept the same kind of objects as regular OFB shelves. If a custom object cannot be placed on regular OFB shelves without help of Numenor's mod in the first place, it can't be placed in Decra-Chill either.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 25th Dec 2007 at 8:32 PM
Great work!! Now I can have a fully functioning bakery
Page 1 of 3