Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Open Underneath Maxis Stairs

by crocobaura Posted 25th Dec 2007 at 2:22 AM - Updated 26th Dec 2007 at 11:34 PM by crocobaura

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 8:07 PM
Thank you so much, these are great!;D
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 9:14 PM
I just playtested these: yes, the concrete stairs work fine in the Base Game. :D

I have one little suggestion for improvement: if you ever get around to fiddling with them again, could you add catalogue descriptions to your stairs (the older ones too)? There's no way to tell which ones they are otherwise .. which is probably a shame for people who download them with lots -- they can't see where they come from.

I can't thank you enough for this -- I think more than half of the lots I made in the last couple months I wouldn't have been able to build without your stairs. They're probably the most useful download I have. Thank you =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 9:43 PM
Excellent - thanks!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 10:26 PM
Thank you so much! We really need a kind of see through stair case like these in the game.
They are wonderful.

ps: Keep them coming! LOL

Thank you again.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 11:11 PM
Wow thank you!!!!!
I love the concrete stairs to pieces ^^ and it's so GREAT to have an open underneath version of them!!! And the others are great too, there was definitely a huge need for more of these!
(I only hope I'll get it right with the text to make them show up in my game ^^")
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
I just playtested these: yes, the concrete stairs work fine in the Base Game. :D

I have one little suggestion for improvement: if you ever get around to fiddling with them again, could you add catalogue descriptions to your stairs (the older ones too)? There's no way to tell which ones they are otherwise .. which is probably a shame for people who download them with lots -- they can't see where they come from.

I can't thank you enough for this -- I think more than half of the lots I made in the last couple months I wouldn't have been able to build without your stairs. They're probably the most useful download I have. Thank you =)

Thank you for testing the stairs.
Regardign the catalogue description, I did write my name at the bottom of the Maxis one, but you can't see it in build mode in game because of the stairs index number that overrides the custom catalog description. However, I did use the same index numeber as the maxis original stairs, so you should be able to find them next to the maxis one. The only exception is the concrete stairs for which I used a base game index number. And if anyone, wants to find out who made them, they can always check the catalogue description in SimPE, and I did write my name on the file too. :D
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 1:07 AM
Whoo! I've been hoping to get more stairs open underneath, especially the Country stairs, they're my favorite Maxis stairs x3
So thank you very much!

If nothing can go wrong, something will.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#9 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 1:17 AM
I agree with plasticbox, though I've found someone else's stairs here that basically do the same thing, except there's has a catalog description. Found the link -> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=221958
Do you think you could compare and see what makes that one work? I love that you have taken the time to do all of the stairs, I've been so sad being able to only use those first three you did, this is wonderful. Thank you.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 2:27 AM
Phaenoh,

Reyn's are based on the Numenorian ones (recolorable stairs) so they're not quite the same as Crocobaura's .. and in my game, Reyn's show up with the Railing Tool desc text? I think?

Crocobaura,

didn't think of the text index override thingy -- I guess you're right, didn't think of the technical peculiarities ..

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#11 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 2:52 AM
Reyn's versions, for me, show up in the regular catalog. I've got three copies of the brown cheap stairs, the Maxis ones, Reyn's and Crocobaura's. One of the custom ones is listed as $0 and I try not to use those, because I like to have my sims pay for their nice things. I think that might be these, but I don't remember off hand.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 3:42 AM
thank you for doing more stairs! i especially love the iron ones. they look so much better without those ugly spikes at the bottom.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#13 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 9:37 AM
Won-der-ful!! Thank you for sharing luv luv luv your work always =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Field Researcher
#14 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 1:32 PM
I always found the games original stairs steps beautiful, but those spikes underneath made them look something out of a scary movie. Thanks for made them useful!
Forum Resident
#15 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 4:49 PM
Thanks this is so much more practical!

Sims Utopia...where your sims dreams become reality!

Click above to check out my site for more updates :)

New Roleplay site Sims Utopia the town that never dies..
Forum Resident
#16 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 5:22 PM
More nice modular stairs! Thanks!

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Field Researcher
#17 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 5:24 PM
Thank you a lot, that's great
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 6:32 PM
*does happy dance* Thanks so much!!

MUMBLER! Seriously, I cannot understand a word you're saying! .... Willy Wonka, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 7:46 PM
Thank you very much, it's fantastic!
Theorist
#20 Old 29th Dec 2007 at 7:50 AM
awesome!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 12:11 AM
Excellent work, thanks for making these.
Scholar
#22 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 11:17 AM
Thank you soooooooo much! Your stairs are so perfect for my houses because they give me so much more possibilities.

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 6:10 AM
Thank you.^^
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 8:55 PM
Hi. I'm such an idiot, I think. Where are the txt files? :x
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 2:59 PM
SUPER! Just what my house needs.
This means I can have stairs OVER stairs, which is a great space-saver!

AKA DocRossim
More content here
Find my artwork here
Page 1 of 2