Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

6 Pelican Lane

by Caupi Posted 2nd Jan 2008 at 10:41 PM - Updated 29th Aug 2008 at 8:46 PM by Caupi

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 11:07 AM
Wonderful work again. Thank you so much!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 12:53 PM
Nicely done

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 9:40 PM
Thanks for the kind words
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 11:50 PM
Pelican Lane is ending up being a very beautiful area. When your done with this you will have to make us a new lane inland.
Thank You for another great home for our game.
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 8:26 AM
Pictures look wonderful!

I downloaded the Pelican Lane Maxis Lot, and placed it in my Bluewater Village suburb of Pleasantville. I have tried moving in two different Sim families of my own, and both times the game has crashed.

I can go in game and play a beach lot next door to this one and have no troubles.

Is anyone else having this happen?

Still, beautiful lot. I hope to be able to use it soon!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 4:02 PM Last edited by Caupi : 4th Jan 2008 at 4:21 PM.
Scurry,

I am not sure what is going on here, but someone else is having the same problem with 5 Pelican Lane, and it seems that she is also trying to play in the Bluewater Village neighborhood, as a suburb.

I built the Maxis version of this house in Crescent Island (the reason I didn't build in Bluewater is that the shoreline is so uneven), and moved it around/entered it in different Maxis neighborhoods, with no problems. However, I tested it in a "clean" version of Bluewater - not the Pleasantville suburb, so maybe the issue is somewhere in there.

My only guess is, something with the Bluewater terrain is causing the crashing...usually when I'm testing the houses, if I get crashes it's because the terrain (where the street level starts sloping toward the water) is too high or too low for the lot it's being moved into. There's not much I can do about it unfortunately, Maxis beach terrains aren't very normalized

I'm sorry.
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 11:36 PM
I adore your pelican lane houses, and i'm praying it will work in my 'clean' (as Caupi put it) Bluewater neighbourhood. If my game crashed (or graphics adaptor has internal error) I don't blame you, because you warned me.

Thankyou again, Lets just cross our fingers and leave an offering the almighty Grilled Cheese Deity. (Sorry if i spelt that wrong)
Test Subject
#9 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 10:18 PM
Love your Pelican Lane houses, but cannot seem to make them fit in any of my neighbourhoods. I see that you made them in Crescent Island, but can't find that map anywhere. Is it possible you could make it available for download please? Thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 4:53 PM
cafparsons:

The Pelican Lane series beach houses were actually built on my custom neighborhood, Copperhead Causeway (although they have been tested and are placeable on any of my custom neighborhoods). You can find all 3 of these for download on my downloads page.
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 7:39 PM
Caupi- I love your houses, and I especially love your walls, the soft pastel interiors! Any chance you can do more of these? You have a gift for color, and they're just gorgeous.
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 2:47 AM
Caupi- Iam having the same issue as others with any of the Pelican Lane houses. Maxis or custom, as soon as you click on the lot the game crashes. I'd like to try you custom neighborhood but cannot find any.
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 3:33 AM
This is a beautiful house and the perfect size for my family. I finally found an area suitable for beach homes in my custom neighborhood and placed this house there. However, after attempting to enter the lot, my game crashed. Anything to do?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 5:55 PM
its REALLY a shame this house wont work, because its beautiful.. I guess there has never been a fix?

~DidaDragonfly~