Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Ultimate Otaku Collection - almost 400 Anime Paintings

by Kadath Posted 3rd Feb 2008 at 7:15 PM

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 1:12 AM
Holy cow that's a lot of pictures! I'm rather stunned. This must have taken forever to make. Fantastic work Kadath.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 2:36 PM
Haibane Renmei! And TEN of them! Thank you so much. *shares the Yoshitoshi Abe love*

coming to you directly from the mothership/make my funk the p.funk
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 4:34 PM
Can somebody tell me from which Anime the first, third and fourth picture from "Screen27" are? I like the pictures alot!

Visit my blog: Simsalia
Field Researcher
#5 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 7:02 PM
aw.....every time i try to get the number 4 rar, it comes up damaged >.<
i get the prieveiw jpg's but nothing else....

*waaaah*
(wants to hug ehr FullMetal Alchemist pics, but can only hug the JPEG's *sniffle*)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 7:57 PM Last edited by Kadath : 6th Feb 2008 at 4:55 PM.
@Chironthya : The four paintings in that screen are in the unsorted pack. They shouldn't be related to any specific anime or manga, but they should rather be independent subjects by unknown artists (or better said, i don't know who did them, there was no info about that on the imageboards where i found 'em, and while most of 'em shouldn't actually be related to a series, some may be and nobody just recognized or tagged them).
I only know that the second from the left is by Takehito Harada (illustrator for the Disgaea videogame among other things).

Edit : Shame on me, i recognized the first on the left : it's by Goto-P, a well known doujin circle/artist. His site, as well as his (her? their?) books are more than worth a look.

@Rayea : Sometimes the downloads from MTS2 come down corrupted, this happens especially when the site is bogged down by a lot of traffic and the service is unstable. Downloads have the tendency to get interrupted halfways, so you get an incomplete, thus corrupted, .rar. Of course, this issue is especially felt when the file to download is a bigger one.
Usually, apart from waiting for a better moment with less traffic, the only solution is following the download process, and reinit it as soon as it gets suddendly completed before really ending the transfer. That way you'll still have in your browser cache the partial downloaded data and the download will restart from the interruption point.
It's a pain in the back, but it works : right now i checked the issue, and it took me 5 tries to completely download the pack, but in the end it came through and i can confirm that it's not corrupted, you just have to be patient with our poor, tired MTS2 server :P
Or, you can try using a download manager, dunno however which ones would work well with MTS2.

@silo pixel & bean / vermillionclouds : Thanks, i'm happy that you found something that meets your tastes and... yeah, i would say "only" 10 pics from Haibane. I couldn't plunder the entire artbook, but god knows how hard it was for me to exclude some of the beautiful artworks that were there :P
BTW, the artbook which most of the haibane paintings come from is called "Guri No Machi, Haibane No Niwa De"; money really well spent

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 12:03 AM Last edited by lillith_666 : 4th Mar 2008 at 12:27 AM.
Thanks so much for takeing the time to do this set, you got some great images even for those who are not anime fans. I forgot to thank you for organizing this so well.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 11:48 PM
This is so awesome I seriously squeed when I saw all of these cool anime pictures!

Get anime recolors and more - here
Sorry I can no longer make recolors for Sims 2.

You can make a pretty picnic but you can't predict the weather - "Ms. Jackson", Outkast
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 11:49 PM
Nice. I approve whole heartily. If only I had so many posters and wallscrolls in real life... But then I'd run out of walls. (Which, you know, would mean I'd HAVE to buy a bigger house. x3) Whee, and there was even a picture of Bikko in there. I don't know why, but I find her awesome.

O pitiful shadow bound in darkness, looking down upon people and causing them pain... A soul drowned in sinful karma... Want to try dying this once?
- - -
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th May 2008 at 10:55 AM
This is, like, the most awesome download I've every seen *_* I have no other words for it. I adore anime, thus I adore these paintings, so yeah, I kind of adore you x3
Test Subject
#11 Old 11th May 2008 at 2:48 AM
Does anyone know what anime they guy in the red shirt is from (Screen 26 third from left)? Deeply appreciate the help I'd love to be able to find more of him =p

!<< Im a Nutmegger fear me>>!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th May 2008 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simelorian
Does anyone know what anime they guy in the red shirt is from (Screen 26 third from left)? Deeply appreciate the help I'd love to be able to find more of him =p

That's Onizuka-sensei from Great Teacher Onizuka, ne.

O pitiful shadow bound in darkness, looking down upon people and causing them pain... A soul drowned in sinful karma... Want to try dying this once?
- - -
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 8:30 PM
Noir~~~

LOVE!! Gotta find those Mireille and Kirika sims I used to have....
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 7:04 PM
umm i cant get any of the lady in red ones or any others y?
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 6:47 AM
omg omg omg this is like, meant for me!! millions of thanks to you!!
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 3:55 PM
You rock!!!

btw. would u consider doing one of Roy Mustang?
Test Subject
#17 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 4:23 AM
thank god! last exile content! thanks!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 2:15 PM
Thanks for all the kind words and thanks given for this little mod while I was lightyears away from playing, let alone modding, The Sims 2.
I came back just recently after I got my hands on The Sims 3 (and after my japanese classes ended for summer break), which means that... well, if it wasn't obvious already, there will be no "expansions" for this collection. Sorry DANTESNAKEFAN, this means no Roy Mustang... I hated him anyway :P

BUT... this also means that in the next few hours, if everything goes well, the very first set of custom paintings for The Sims 3 will be... an anime set, ghghghgh.
Right now it's in the moderation queue, and of course as of now we can only do default replacement so there will be only 24 paintings, but it's a start nevertheless. So, should anyone pass by here in the meantime... stay tuned ^^

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 4:13 PM
Are these made with the same method as in Sims 2?
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 6:02 PM
ops this is Sims 2, thanks for reply on previous post
Test Subject
#21 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 7:54 AM
Default Another fan
woops, sorry about the accidental 'delete' lol. (clutsy meh)

I use these often in my rooms and uploads of presentation pics for my patterns and they're GREAT! So I wanted to add a 'thank you' as well. I hope you'll be coming up with more variations of portraits as I don't know how to do that lol. I've set a link to many inquiring about these paintings they noticed in my presentations, to your site page. Many thanks...Myst~

Wisdom is like respect...It's something you earn, not freely obtained without sacrifices.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 10:22 PM
Great assortment of pictures, id like to see more !
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 7:20 PM
DEAR LORD! Can't resist, even if it might kill my machine, lol.
Test Subject
#24 Old 16th May 2012 at 3:41 AM
why can't i get them to show up in the buy menu in the game? :'(
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AnimeFreak1321543
why can't i get them to show up in the buy menu in the game? :'(

sorry to tell you dude but they aren't buy menu stuff. these beauties go in the paintings folder, and are made by custom painting them into the game.

my thoughts on this pack? excellent, but you forgot one very beloved anime mini series: Gravitation ^_^
Page 1 of 2