Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dark skins add-on

by chakaru Posted 4th Feb 2008 at 2:28 AM - Updated 4th Feb 2008 at 5:00 PM by chakaru

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 7:41 PM
well, I like the names as much as the skintones! gorgeous they are!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 7:52 PM
Ooooh, they're beautiful! I don't download that many dark skintones because they end up looking rubbish in game, but these look brilliant. :D
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 8:01 PM
I simply don't understand why you aren't featured.
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 9:21 PM
Oh~ I'm downloading these too! I love the lighter skintones you came out with for these, and these ones look just as awesmome.
Can't wait to try them out; thanks for uploading! =)
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 4:36 AM
Loved the lighter versions, and i'm definitely going to be trying these out XD They look excellant from the previews, and it's not apparent at all that it's your first attempt at such dark skins. i think that the delicate tattoos look lovely too. They're a nice contrast to the heavier tribal type tattoos out there.
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 4:50 AM Last edited by dachshundsr4me : 5th Feb 2008 at 4:55 AM.
I want to say thanks and the new defaults of these should be out in a few days. Yay! Anyhow I love all your skintones, hairs, and custom content you make. I am just waiting now for my plant sims skintones in wilt and green tones that I am hoping you will make with some lovely tattoos too. You can make them on the lighter side of green and brownish green :p
Here is a photo of the Night skintone close up for anyone needing a close look:
Instructor
#8 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 5:03 AM
Ooh, one of those is perfect for a sim I was planning! Thanks... you rock!

- Bre (Buckingham Alice)
Creating can take hours, days, or even weeks. Saying "thank you" only takes one click. :)
Field Researcher
#9 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 7:10 PM
These are so damn lovely! I'm so jealous you guys get to play it in game!! But i have to use Linux (not that i'm complaining! I love it!) until i sort out damn windows to play sims again. I will just have to make a sim with those skins! I think another Egyptian sim will be on the way!

My wiki with 1100+ links to the community! Also in categories! Click here!

"Whether it's good or bad, it's so unfortunate to wake up during a dream." - Judeau [Berserk]
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 8:27 PM
so gonna download, I'm curious about the tattooed ones!
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 9:13 PM
these are beautiful.
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 4:57 AM
These are beautiful skins! Thanks~
Test Subject
#13 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 1:13 AM
Oh, yes,! Your skins are my absolute favorites, all that was missing was darker ones!
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Feb 2008 at 11:06 PM
I am a big fan of Enayla's skintones, but found the defaults file sizes just too huge for my pre-historic computer. I have been searching for the past week (I'm on maternity leave) for defaults that kept the realistic look of the sims in my game. I love to have many races and colours in my game and could not find the right combination anywhere. However I just downloaded dachshundsr4me's default dark skin of yours and I am absolutely amazed at how great it looks in game. The picture's you see on here just don't do it justice. Well done and thank you for taking the time producing such beautiful skins.
One thing though; I lived in Japan for 3 years and noticed that my Japanese friends ranged from alabaster to quite dark. I wonder if you could make even more asian skins to reflect this as your current ones are quite pink? I myself, am English, but half-Ukrainian and quite sallow, I also live in Spain now and am surrounded by mediterranean tones; I wonder if you could make more asian and caucasian skins with these more olive tones? And if you are really bored, maybe you could make even more dark skins too!

I'm really hoping somebody makes defaults with both these dark skin tones and with two of your lighter ones.
Please, please, please keep up the good work. You've made my day!:D
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 8:59 AM
gooorrrggeeeooouuuuss
We need defaults, now!
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 10:00 AM
Oh please, please, please will someone make these into dark and dark tan defaults. I know daschsundsr4me has made a set, but the it's way too pale for what I want. Can somebody PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE make a Chakaru default set with darker colours???????????????????????????????????????????????????
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 4:29 PM
Do you ever stop making these masterpieces? There just so good. Make hundreds more ad keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 1:51 AM
I always like your skintones, really beautiful
Test Subject
#19 Old 20th May 2008 at 3:40 PM
I love these! Goosh, I would kill for defaults, my old ones are so... old x) hahah, but if you consider making defaults out of these skins, please do, I'm not the only one that would put them into my game Hugs! ^^
Field Researcher
#20 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 3:52 AM
Have you ever considered making this into a default? I would LUV it.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 5:16 PM
I love this add-on. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 12:52 AM
Ohmygoodness these are gorgeous Thank you ♥
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 4:34 AM
I've nver made dark colored sims because maxis skintones are just...bad...but I'm making sims just to use these skintones. The tattoos are really lovely too.

Also, I second, third and fourth notagoldfish for those olive tones. Those would be lovely. :D
Test Subject
#24 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 4:53 AM
oh defaults as s3 and s4 please please pleasssssssssssssssssse
i have tried other skintones but i always keep tossing them out and coming backto yours
ty ty ty for all of your hard work.. best skintones EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 7:42 PM
I downloaded these skins, but deleted them. They look horrible in the actual game. How can they look so different than your sample pictures. (total opposites)
Page 1 of 2