Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Horse Drawn Neighborhood Vehicles

by hexameter Posted 10th Feb 2008 at 11:42 PM - Updated 24th May 2009 at 12:37 PM by hexameter : Added new options

81 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 65 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Scholar
#2 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 11:52 PM
Beautiful work!!! I know tons of people who have requested this, and now it's been made! This is so great!

The work of a genius !!! Keep up the magnificant work hexameter, thankies! :D
#3 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 12:09 AM
I...LOVE...YOU! Thank you soooo much! Ihas been so hard to ilm around those darn cars. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!! You are amazing!!!!!Yay!

Bites and Kisses
Vampire
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 12:41 AM
OMG you got it to work. This has been the dream of so many people -- I remember reading a few threads where the difficulty of this was explained ... all the technical details were way over my head, but the complexity was obvious.

I wonder how you feel now that its done -- heady with accomplishment? or exhausted relief that it is finally done and you can do something else?

Thank you so much for doing this and sharing.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Scholar
#5 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 12:47 AM
This is awe-inspiring ! Thank you very much ! I wonder : you've found the way to replace the Nh vehicles, maybe you know how to make them invisible or disapearing ?

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Forum Resident
#6 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 12:48 AM
This is something I've wanted for years!!! Thanks so much. I can't wait to try it in my fantasy hood. I am so sick of watching those dumb cars zip around the road.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 1:19 AM
this finally makes the hood complete! Love it!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 1:49 AM
Perfect! If only there were a way to make it for only one neighborhood though.

Honor, Loyalty, and Sacrifice
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 1:50 AM
uhu!!! Finally someone thought of this!!! This is great, thanks!!!

Please, pay attention to my creator`s policy.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(> <)
This is Jack, the little rabbit; add him to your signature and help him to take over the world!!!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 2:38 AM Last edited by DoomAngelsc : 11th Feb 2008 at 4:00 AM.
Oh god I've dreamed of this often but never thought it would be possible. This will work great with my medieval hood.

I hope it doesn't have any problems with custom country roads, you know the dirt roads. I'll let you know for sure after I call the game up.

Thought I'd put a picture of the country roads and at night, its cute all the carts & horses have headlights. Hope this works! They were hard to catch, they zoom by so fast. Its simply Awesome Hexameter, you are such an asset to this game.
Attached Images

Test Subject
#11 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 3:03 AM
I cannot thank you enough for this! I have been waiting..and waiting...and waiting for someone to do this! You are brilliant...you are wonderful..I laud your talent! (Now if someone would just turn the frikkin helicopter into a dragon!)
Instructor
#12 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 3:38 AM
OMG! I cannot tell you how much I've been wanting something like this, for ages! Now I can include screens of my medieval neighborhoods and not have it look ridiculous! Thank you so much!!!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 4:03 AM
Ah katysails thats an awesome idea about changing the helicopter to a dragon...
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 4:18 AM
It's so nice to see a new post from you! Thank you for sharing these fantastic objects with us. You always make such wonderful things.
Former Incubator of Tiberius
retired moderator
#15 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 4:54 AM
My Medieval Sims and Amish Sims thank you. Such amazing work and something I have wanted for a long time.

SIXAMSIMS @ TUMBLR
SIXAMSIMS @ LJ
- S2/S3 Sims For Download
Tiberius Arthur Glover - 06/09/09 / Atticus Oliver Leigh Glover - 08/12/09
Mad Poster
#16 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 5:31 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 11th Feb 2008 at 6:10 AM.
Fabulous! I didn't think this would be possible.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 7:40 AM
Great work. Thank you so much
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 10:25 AM
Wonderful idea. I hope this inspires others or maybe yourself to do other themes as well. Such as spaceship replacements for the sci-fi hoods.
Alchemist
#19 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 10:56 AM
I've just made a set of NPC replacements for my current (Victorian) hood - this will be perfect to add to that. Thanks so much.
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 11:25 AM
YEAH!! You did it again hex! You've just completet one of my neighborhoods, and because of you there is one less wish on my wishlist to fulfil Many many wonderful thanks go's out to you...you'r great! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 11:26 AM
woooow, hexameter!!! this is just so great!!! it will add much more livelyness into my neighbourhoods - especially into my new victorian one!!! thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!! :D
Field Researcher
#22 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 11:35 AM
Stunning thing. It could help a lot to get realism in the game. THANKS.
Only one (two, three, sorry) question: These objects replace all vehicles? It would replace the street cars of the modern neighborhoods? How can I use different cars in different neighborhoods?
Inventor
#23 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 11:37 AM
You've just made one of my wishes come true, thank you very very much.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 11:51 AM
Default Remarks
Thanks for all these nice comments!

Please, be careful and test first if these work for you! And think of the fact that these are vehicles only appearing in neighborhood view. To have replacements of the NPC-vehicles I need some more time.

hexameter

Quote: Originally posted by nanisim
Stunning thing. It could help a lot to get realism in the game. THANKS.
Only one (two, three, sorry) question: These objects replace all vehicles? It would replace the street cars of the modern neighborhoods? How can I use different cars in different neighborhoods?

Yes, they should replace all vehicles but I'm not sure whether for example the bus shows in the last expansions. Unfortunately it's the same as with changing the roads: Ether you have the effect in all neighborhoods or in none of them.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#25 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 12:42 PM
Stunning work! I've wanted something like this for such a long time! Thank you for this marvelous addition to the game
Page 1 of 4