Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hide Maxis Clothing & Hair in Free Time

by Ambular Posted 17th Mar 2008 at 9:42 PM - Updated 20th Sep 2008 at 7:22 AM by AmberDiceless

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 2:34 PM
Yay! I tried to make my own hider to hide the circus clothes and it didn't work but I was able to tweak yours successfully.

Is there a way to recategorize outfits with a mod like this? I like the leotards but I don't want them in everyday
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jenwar
Yay! I tried to make my own hider to hide the circus clothes and it didn't work :( but I was able to tweak yours successfully. :)

Is there a way to recategorize outfits with a mod like this? I like the leotards but I don't want them in everyday :blink:

Yes, the category for each item is also contained in its Property Set. There's a tutorial here that explains how it works:

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=138073

The information you'll want is in Step Thirteen. :)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 3:43 PM
Awesome, thanks Amber! I hadn't seen that tut
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 8:30 PM
I installed this in FT and now the loading screen shows as "Teen Style Stuff" Instead of the freetime one. Once in the game the button at the top to add vaction spots is missing as well. Is this normal?
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by genecyst
I installed this in FT and now the loading screen shows as "Teen Style Stuff" Instead of the freetime one. Once in the game the button at the top to add vaction spots is missing as well. Is this normal?

No it isn't, but I can't imagine how this mod could possibly cause the behavior you describe. What other mods do you have installed, and did you add any others at the same time?
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmberDiceless
No it isn't, but I can't imagine how this mod could possibly cause the behavior you describe. What other mods do you have installed, and did you add any others at the same time?

I had alot of CC installed but i took it all out except for this and it still did the same thing. Even in anygame starter it shows the same. I have every expansion and stuff pack and have installed all the maxis patches. Only custom content i left in to test was CEP and scriptorium. It's an english install too btw if that has something to do with it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by genecyst
I had alot of CC installed but i took it all out except for this and it still did the same thing. Even in anygame starter it shows the same. I have every expansion and stuff pack and have installed all the maxis patches. Only custom content i left in to test was CEP and scriptorium. It's an english install too btw if that has something to do with it.

Okay, I'm stumped. Just for the sake of covering my bases, you have tried removing the mod and running the game without it, and had it revert to normal behavior, I assume?
Test Subject
#9 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 3:12 PM
Love the mod...but i was wondering that how do i get rid of rest of the hats what came with earlier expansion packs.I had a look through the original Jordi's mods but it only hides maxis hair and clothes and now im afraid that all my townies will be marching around in ugly maxis hats:S
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 1princess4u
Love the mod...but i was wondering that how do i get rid of rest of the hats what came with earlier expansion packs.I had a look through the original Jordi's mods but it only hides maxis hair and clothes and now im afraid that all my townies will be marching around in ugly maxis hats:S

This one gets rid of some of them: http://freya.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=166617

You may be stuck with any that still remain, though. :/
Theorist
#11 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 3:18 PM
Awesome thanks for this!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 5:47 PM
I want something that hides all the Maxis sims in the bodyshop bin, so only the downloaded and self created sims is showing. Does anyone know if there is such a hack/mod for download somewhere? If so, please PM me!

Sincerely,
<I>Mequila</I>
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 7:00 AM
I'm having a bit of a problem with this mod (and jordi's previous one). In CAS any randomly generated sim will wear Maxis clothing that is "hidden". I was under the impression hiding the clothing will mean that won't happen?

The reason I'm wondering is because I am preparing to create a totally clean and hopefully maxis free neighborhood and don't want any npcs wearing the Maxis stuff.

The hair seems to be working fine, although I still have a lot of hats and some hair showing, the majority of the time they generate with custom hair.

Any thoughts?
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ktbcca
I'm having a bit of a problem with this mod (and jordi's previous one). In CAS any randomly generated sim will wear Maxis clothing that is "hidden". I was under the impression hiding the clothing will mean that won't happen?

The reason I'm wondering is because I am preparing to create a totally clean and hopefully maxis free neighborhood and don't want any npcs wearing the Maxis stuff.

The hair seems to be working fine, although I still have a lot of hats and some hair showing, the majority of the time they generate with custom hair.

Any thoughts?

It's supposed to stop that from happening, though I've noticed that sometimes the first Sim that pops up in CAS will have hidden items on. Have you re-rolled several of them to see if it keeps happening, and what EP's do you have installed? Also, is it a particular Maxis outfit or group of outfits that you get?
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 7:59 PM
Thank you for this dowload, but I would like to hide only the clothes and not the hair. Can you make the two files separate like Jordi did? Please!
Forum Resident
#16 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 3:26 PM
This is such a great idea. God bless you dear artist as I'm so sick of looking and sighing over those useless & ugly stuff. Thanks a lot. Bravo!!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 6:51 AM
Thanks for this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 10:17 PM
I hope these are the clothes I think they are. Thanks.