Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Sand Simolean Point Shopping- 7 Little Shops Plus Template!

by Phaenoh Posted 10th Apr 2008 at 8:49 AM - Updated 23rd Dec 2014 at 1:32 AM by Phaenoh

54 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
#2 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 9:15 PM Last edited by d4nny : 10th Apr 2008 at 9:20 PM.
WOW!!!! DOWNLOADING DOWNLOADING DOWNLOADING!!! NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!!!!!
WISH I COULD GIVE YOU A 100 THXS FOR THIS!

this 1st on the boutigue is fantastic the colours seam perfect on it
im not to sure the bight yellow suits these lots but its still great!
and rember thats only my opion!!

also i love how u have the peace of paper with notes on!
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 11:13 PM
Perfect! *__*
Instructor
#4 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 12:47 AM
thanks for the sneak peak last night...I sooo love these...they are on my todo list for downloading tonight when I get off work! Great Job Again!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 2:44 AM
Only 3 comments? Its been up all afternoon! Even though there is a star on it, it feels like a let down without the comments to read. Come on guys, you know I live for the comments! Let me know which ones are your favorites, which errand list is the funniest, ect... PLEASE?!?! ................pretty please?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 7:52 AM
I love these cute community lots, I'm myself got inspired by plasticbox too. lol

Nice touch with the list notes on pics i like the pets one !
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#7 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 8:38 AM
The screenshots are very cute... and you have what looks like close to a 50% thank rate. Which is higher than what I usually get :P

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 10:59 AM Last edited by ganguro : 11th Apr 2008 at 11:17 AM.
these little shops look all so well-furnished and will fit very good in my current neighbourhood! i like the boutique and coffeeshop most, because i normally just go out with my simmies for food or clothes. due to the loading time i prefer to buy other goods from the buy catalog. anyways, thanks a lot!!! also for the template!!!!

btw...maybe u shouldn't wonder so much about the fact, that very few people are downloading this or are writing a comment. these cute shops require all EPs and most people don't own all and because of that they normally also just see the downloads that are compatible with their EPs...
a few month ago i also just had the Uni EP and also wasn't browsing any stuff that i couldn't use....
just give it some time...then more people will see it and it might be more successful on the long run...
Test Subject
#9 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 12:58 PM Last edited by xox_loey : 11th Apr 2008 at 5:30 PM.
Ooh, thank you! These are just fabulous The notes are a real nice touch. "Goldie" died again... that has to be my favourite.. I've lost count how many "Goldies" my younger sister went through as a child, whilst I was bribed to not notice the slightly differing marks

It's great that they're all so small.. I don't get lagging issues on my computer... but it's hard to keep dazzling all the customers when my sim is having to dash from the top of the shop to the bottom of the garden [I'm much too lazy to make my own...]... Eck - it's not like employees could be trusted to do it
Alchemist
#10 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 1:18 PM
Phaenoh, you are fabulous & fantastic. I love San Simolean Point, and I'm really happy that you are continuing to make new buildings for it. These will look great with the Katrina cottages (which I'm using as shops as well as for housing on S.S. Point)
I have a newly graduated design student who wants to open her own clothing shop in S.S. Point, so this came right in time for me.
Your presentation is fantastic, as always, and incredibly professional.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 3:23 PM
Once again, a fabulous contribution. When I'm not playing my Victorian neighborhood, Sand Simolean Point is my main hood. I've already got some small shops I've created which are very similar to this, but I really like the look of these. They match what I've already got going on. Plus, I'm still missing a few and this will help me round it out. Thanks!!

Musiquefille's Modest Mods - well, lots really.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 3:46 PM
Thats more like it! Thanks for commenting everyone! The 'Goldie' comment is my favorite too.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 4:54 PM
Thank you very much! I will test them right now!!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 6:45 PM
Oh gorgeous lots! I play on a high end computer but much prefer smaller lots just for the playablility; why do I need to walk around a huge 3x4 lot when I just need to pick up a new outfit? Silly me thinks! All the stuff is buyable right? Just it seems that when I made shops like these before I couldn't buy anything unless I had a sim own the business.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tramen
Oh gorgeous lots! I play on a high end computer but much prefer smaller lots just for the playablility; why do I need to walk around a huge 3x4 lot when I just need to pick up a new outfit? Silly me thinks! All the stuff is buyable right? Just it seems that when I made shops like these before I couldn't buy anything unless I had a sim own the business.
No idea about that. I've never made community lots before. Let me know how it turns out!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 9:57 PM
Phae, amazingly amazing, as always.
My Simmies decided to write you a note, particularly one of my Sim kids, Sarah Bentley:
Dear Phaenoh,
Thank you for building a bakery for mom and dad to bring me to! Now all I have to do is convince them to let me get a cookie. :P

I really appreciate it.
Sincerely,
SARAH BENTLEY

Anyway, thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 1:11 PM
Thank you sooooo much Phae!!! Just the other day I was thinking about what a shame it was that there were no small business lots. I have OFB but I almost never use it because I hate playing huge lots and all the business I download are usually very big and full of cc. So yours are simply perfect!! I really, really the coffee one, looks kinda italian to me. Which is great!
Once again, thank you very much!!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 8:15 AM
oh wow! i love these! its so cute! <3

but i have a quick question... i have the eps up to seasons. does that mean i cant download baby toy store because of that drawing table?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eeyore226
i have a quick question... i have the eps up to seasons. does that mean i cant download baby toy store because of that drawing table?
Nope, it means you can't download any of the shops because your game configuration (not having all EPs) isn't the same as the one that I built these in (all EPs), regardless of whether or not I used content from that EP. Lots are snobbish, they don't like downgrading Sorries!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 4:38 PM
In regards to buyability: not everything is buyable. Items that are only meant for stores (the grocery counters and freezers, or the magazine rack, etc) work. Other items have to be set for sale by an owner for a visiting sim to be able to buy them (the flowers above the grocery for example). Since I try to make my community lots owned whenever possible, this isn't a problem for me since the sims can buy the lot and set everything to sale, but I guess it might be if you don't ever pick an owner for the lot.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm guessing that the music shop and the baby store will probably not function well unless owned. The items will all be usable, so sims will probably start autonomously using the items.

On a separate note, just so you'd know, though I'm not complaining or anything. The clothing shop ends up being empty if you don't have H&M. I just put in some other clothing racks I had.

Musiquefille's Modest Mods - well, lots really.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 4:18 AM
Thanks musique, good to know how that works out. I didn't know, now I do. I think the music shop actually might be kinda fun without an owner. I know my sims are always wanting an instrument and when they get them thats ALL they ever do. Now I can just send them down there and they can rock out to their hearts content. The baby store on the other hand, would prolly be kinda lame. And the clothing shop? TOTALLY EMPTY? I didn't realize I was only using HM stuff, oops! I just liked the counters and tried to find stuff that matched nicely. I did know that Stuff Pack stuff would disappear. I downloaded a mall one time that had an HM store and it was totally empty too. (I wanted the building for the layout, so it was ok)

Thanks for letting me know!
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 4:24 AM
This is my first time to leave a comment. I love MTS2 and use it religiously for all my Sims2 needs, and yet this is my first comment. I really loved the shop set you posted, and you just inspired me to let all the creators now how much I value their work. Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 13th May 2008 at 5:42 AM
WOW!!!! These are awesome! Thank you SOOOO much Phae!!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 14th May 2008 at 10:49 PM Last edited by abel1980 : 14th May 2008 at 11:05 PM.
Woah! This is absolutely perfect. I just added your neighbourhood template as a shopping district to my prosperity neighbourhood, as I wanted beach houses and came here, because even though I love building it took me forever to fill out the real neighbourhood and downtown and I just wanted to play.

I LOVE your style. Your playing style and the way you designe your houses is a lot like my own. I do love small businesses and community lots so much. Apart from being far more playable they are easily purchasable and can be runs as owned businesses far better. This will fit perfect.

And I agree about the nice look with them all beside each other. In fact even though I rarely download houses, I got the mini starters mostly as neighbourhood decorations as well.

I now have to hunt down your other stuff, but I just had to tell you I am very grateful that you uploaded those. It´s exactly what I wanted. And thank you for the great neighbourhood template as well. Seriously it is so great to find exactly what you were looking for. I am going to track your downloads now.
(There is no worshipping smilie here, so you get the king)

ETA: I just all your other downloads and I just might have to download all your houses. I should have checked your profile, when I found your neighbourhood terrain, while looking for a beachlot-friendly template. Looks like the only thing I have to do myself is to built the actual beach houses, as those aren´t sharefriendly. I really can´t thank you enough.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 17th May 2008 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Nope, it means you can't download any of the shops because your game configuration (not having all EPs) isn't the same as the one that I built these in (all EPs), regardless of whether or not I used content from that EP. Lots are snobbish, they don't like downgrading Sorries!

oh no!

how sad!

i really loved your shops. i suck at decorating, and you made SUCH cute shops!

damn compatablity!

i guess i'll just download an empty lot and play around with that one
Page 1 of 3