Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Harry Potter Travel Trunks (Decorative and Functional)

by StephSim Posted 18th Apr 2008 at 2:47 AM - Updated 28th Apr 2012 at 10:10 PM by StephSim : MTS2 Information Update

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 44 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 9:34 AM
these are amazing!
thank you for creating these, now my wizards can dress in style!

You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kinda makes me your mistress.
Wiki Wizard
#3 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 10:45 AM
Very cool Steph, glad you chose to upload them as a seperate item

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 11:20 AM
I find this a very ingenious and nice idea for teen and child rooms. Thanks, Stephanie!
P.S. I tried to download it three or four times and its impossible right now, I guess many people is fighting for this objects. I'll try later soon.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 12:58 PM Last edited by StephSim : 19th Apr 2008 at 1:12 PM.
Originally, I was going to tuck these away with my Harry Potter Trains download, but I figured Harry Potter fans would KILL me! After a little thought I decided that Jason once again gave of his time to help me execute these and the least I could do is to post the objects to be shared with the masses.

Thanks putowtin! I'm glad you like them.

DD! Of course I took your advice. I'd been grappling over exactly how to share them best.

Thanks nanisim! I know I'm sleep deprived this week when reading your post made me think of Harry and Ron pulling one of the trunks back and forth and all the clothes spilling out everywhere. ***Methinks I should take a LONG nap today!***

Enjoy the downloads everyone!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Scholar
#6 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 1:12 PM
Nice work guys! Very original idea.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 3:11 PM
Ooo Nice! I'm glad you were able to complete them! Now I must have them! LOL

** Patrick Stewart + Felicia Day + Bruce Campbell + zombie invasion + the cast of Firefly = my happiness.
Or, Chocolate ... yea I'll go with chocolate. **
Forum Resident
#8 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 7:11 PM Last edited by Starfish of Terror : 19th Apr 2008 at 7:17 PM.
Oooh, Steph! You and Jason have done it again. These are just perfect. <3 Have I told you lately how much I love your work? I definitely need to restore my HP neighborhood now!

Now go catch up on your sleep.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 7:49 PM
Cameranutz2 - Thank you. Jason and I both appreciate your comment! And of course J- LUVs it when I speak for him!

MizzesSimmer - I never would have thought of creating this had it not been for your luggage set. BTW - take a look at the anims on the functional one. If you ever get BORED and have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO AT HOME feel free to play with that! Kidding! Thanks again for the inspiration!

Starfish...Glad you like! After updating the entire HP Neighborhood, I will be recreating my HP Neighborhood as well. When I started removing the STUFF PACKS from my HP lots, I took the neighborhood out of my game completely. Soon. 1 upload (Victorian - trying to do that since yesterday) and 1 creation away from vacation.

steph

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#10 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 8:00 PM
I'm still impressed with how good the textures look. Very unique.

I look forward to seeing the Victorian lots. Just to look at them. I always seem to learn an architectural trick or 2 from your lots.

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 10:33 PM

I'm S T I L L uploading. It wouldn't allow me to upload at first when I was trying to upload in smaller sets, so...I decided to combine them into 1 major upload. It went well until I got to the CC page (AAAGH!) Then, I lost connection. Then it was lagging. Then I couldn't check the box that says this is my creation. So I cut and paste my name on all 500 walls and floors...Then, it timed out! NOW...It seems it's OFFLINE in the middle of my UPLOAD eventhough I'm replying to this post! NO!!!!!!!! I'm about to pull my hair out. BAH! This is what I get for not creating 1 or 2 cute little lots! Back to the drawing board! Patience. It will all work out!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Wiki Wizard
#12 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 11:36 PM
If you want to upload it as a project go to the site issues board and then make a thread, make it private so only you and mods can see it then add the extra files in threads afterwards, then get a mod to make into into upload format and your off If you don't get that ask a mod about it, me and Flabaliki just spent all night writing lot descriptions, taking pics, uploading files, finding CC, it was so tiring, and i did the least out of the 2 of us by a long way, lol

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 1:43 AM
I think the Fates are trying to tell me something! It dumped ALL of my zipped files! So, now I have a thread with text only! The CC is not so bad as I only used what I know. It's just I have so many uploads because I created 3 versions of each lot. It's a ROYAL MESS. 1 more failed attempt to upload in 2 parts and I will be going on my Sim vacation EARLY! I started uploading YESTERDAY! Hmmm....Deep breaths. Jason - I need a snowman of my own! Seen any spares?

And now, I return this thread to the Harry Potter Trunks!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#14 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 3:07 AM
Unfortunately no. The solid white tide is receding and there's more mud on the ground than white stuff. You could always build one, then destroy it.

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com
Wiki Wizard
#15 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 12:42 PM
You could buy a plastic snowman from the shops, but that's not really the same, lol

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 2:13 PM Last edited by StephSim : 21st Apr 2008 at 1:55 AM.
Well...I found a few things wrong with 1 of my zip files. I was finally able to upload Part 1 of the Victorian collection. When I tried to upload Part 2 it kept timing out each time I got to 1 specific zip file. I was so psyched until that moment, because MTS2 and my I-net connection were in sync FINALLY. It turned out, I had zipped 135MB of stuff in one of my lots when I was transferring files to save them. It wasn't funny at that moment believe me! All is well...now I await approval. I REALLY need to clean up my CC files as there are 3 versions of each lot which triples the CC! Closure is around the corner.

Oh yeah! Harry Potter Trunks!....

I think I shall go ressurect my Harry Potter neighborhood and maybe even begin a Sim story that surrrounds Hogwarts. The first scene will be called "Goodbyes" as a family sees the latest Hogwarts students off at King's Cross Station. The main characters will be a set of twins. One twin will be shy and withdrawn, the other quite sure of self and future. Of course the confident twin will sport a green Slytherin luggage cart knowing that his pure blood status assures he will be in Slytherin. The other twin will use the basic black trunk as her reserved nature surely dictates it. What adventures will they have on the way to Hogwarts? How will each character grow and change?

The world may never know since they are only figments of my imagination! Enjoy the trunks everyone!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#17 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 2:39 AM
Eek, sorry about all the uploading troubles! I definitely can't wait to see those Victorian lots, I'm sure they're fantastic.

I'm in the middle of rehabilitating my whole HP neighborhood from scratch now too. After custom content overload issues and a change of mindset, I put it aside for a while. But seeing these trunks inspired me and now I have a whole jumble of ideas and plans for it floating around. And I'm thinking of starting a mini-Harry Potter project of my own...it starts with an "m" and ends with an "eshing." I'm really excited for it!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 4:58 AM Last edited by StephSim : 22nd Apr 2008 at 12:45 PM.
Hi Starfish!
The good news about my uploading saga is that I finally got it to work!

Two much in game CC can be a hassle! As I redesign my HP neighborhood, I'm being VERY selective about objects. I plan to decorate each undecorated lot with Maxis to the hilt and then pull in accent objects to tie it together (like the pensieve, winding staircase, long tables, books, crystal balls, etc.). Then, I will package those lots so I will NEVER need to decorate them ever again.

Ooo...More HP stuff is ALWAYS welcomed! We (Jason and I) may work on an owl decoration in a cage...1 white and 1 grey. Not now. AFTER the vacation. Don't worry Starfish...I am taking the break. Besides, my birthday is in 4 days! I'm slowly weaning myself of all things Sim (except PLAYING). I'm actually looking forward to my break. I'm just waiting to see if I need to FIX anything with my upload besides clearing out the triplicates on the CC list. Then I will upload a revision of King's Cross Train Station (redesigning the front of my Victorian King's Cross Station to look more like it looks today). Then, my break will begin.

So what HP kind of stuff are you thinking of making...furniture, clothing, odds-and-ends (like all the awkward stuff in Luna's house)?

~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#19 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 4:00 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 21st Apr 2008 at 4:30 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
finally! I have been waiting for these!!! but you know well that I won't be able to play during the forthcoming weeks... thank you for doing these great trunks!

I have several things in mind: what about the 3 deathly hallows? The invisibility cloak is bound to be fun! I also though about the Weasley Wizarding Wheezes, and maybe I do something about it... when I have time
and of course we need some of Dumbledore's gadgets! and a pet-phoenix! And some grindylows too! awww I wish Maxis made another EP HP themed!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 4:21 PM
very nice...and they look and play well in the game..thanks for sharing
Forum Resident
#21 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 10:11 PM
Huzzah for being able to upload the lots! :D

And I thought that I'd try with something a bit different: magical creatures as pets! I found a nice tutorial and I think I can do it...I'll start with Pygmy Puffs first, since I think those would be the simplest to do. I also hope to do an owl and a phoenix too! We'll see how this one goes, though. *fingers crossed*

And after that (or if I abandon it or whatever), I'd love to try some bits and bobs of the wizarding world -- I really want to make some of the Weasley Wizarding Wheezes, and Luna's peculiar gadgets. And Laura, I love your ideas too! I'm getting all excited now. Hopefully I can get started on it soon! And after next month is over and summer begins, I ought to have plenty of time to really tackle this. <3
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 11:31 PM Last edited by StephSim : 21st Apr 2008 at 11:39 PM.
Ooooo.....

Hi Laura...Sorry haven't e-mailed you lately. Of course I was finishing the Potter Trunks and the Victorian lots! During My vacation (which will start as soon as I know what's going on with the Victorian uploads), I'm going to be playing with ideas for the final Gwyrich lot (only a little though) as I will spend most of my time organizing and playing in my Victorian and Harry Potter neighborhoods, helping my little man become a scientist and bestowing hugs and kisses on my big man. The day I return from my vacation, I will package what we already have finished and then Gwyrich takes precedence! I will probably post a few teasers in my Journal the day my vacation officially begins - April 23rd - the day before my birthday!

Catstale...Thank you for sharing their playability with me and you are most welcomed! I hope you enjoy the trunks.

Starfish...I can't wait to see what you come up with. I get excited just thinking about all the little HP goodies I need for my neighborhood. Besides, it's no fun to visit your profile page with nothing to download on it! Kidding! Magical creatures as pets! Ooo.. I think I saw pet dragons somewhere, but I don't recall whose site it was. *shrugs* - I can imagine a pet dragon burping! And of course, the Lovegood home needs a few of Xenophilius' gadgets.

P.S. Laura...I think I would marry someone like Xeno before I'd choose James Potter. What a bore!

**StephSim ducks as Laura throws a cup of drawing pencils at her!***

"You missed me BTW!"

Take care ladies.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#23 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 4:32 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaww I'll kill you if you say that again! you witch!!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 7:32 PM Last edited by StephSim : 22nd Apr 2008 at 7:45 PM.
Witch? You call that an insult? Come on Potter lover, ¿Es ése todo? Surely, you've got more than that mi amiga?
**screeches wildly and flies away**

...the words "James Potter, What a BORE!" fade into the distance"

~*~Stephanie~*~
Wiki Wizard
#25 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 8:01 PM
You 2 get along so well And i cannot wait to see your Gyrnwich project things or however you spell that word, lol

Page 1 of 2