Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

FreeTime Cribs - NOW ANIMATED!!! UPDATED 31-JAN-09

by Menaceman44 Posted 4th May 2008 at 5:00 PM - Updated 26th Mar 2009 at 4:35 PM by Menaceman44 : Updated Files

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th May 2008 at 9:16 AM
Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! It's been bothering me for ages, It seems EAxis is getting lazier in every EP.

"It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over"
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th May 2008 at 1:34 PM
Awesome, thanks for this deserved detail which counts the most.

Question, does this go in our downloads folder or object catalog bin?

Ena sue weep burwa beep
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th May 2008 at 4:12 PM
Good job Menaceman44! I hadn't noticed this EAxis oversight until you made this mod. I agree with VkToriA about EAxis getting worse with every EP. It's really getting to be a very bad habit. But thanks to people like you Menaceman44, our games are not totally EAxis's borked! Thank you for sharing your work!

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Instructor
#5 Old 5th May 2008 at 4:49 PM
thanks for this!

EAxis is getting very very lazy
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 5th May 2008 at 7:16 PM
EA sloppiness is just astounding.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th May 2008 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DecoraChroi
Awesome, thanks for this deserved detail which counts the most.

Question, does this go in our downloads folder or object catalog bin?

Putting it in the Downloads folder is fine. Thats where I've placed them to get them working. It doesn't add a custom content star and the delete button isn't enabled either as these packages only replace the mesh, not the entire object.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#8 Old 5th May 2008 at 9:43 PM
Thanks! This a great fix for more EAxis sloppiness.
It was nice of you to credit the Ramaswami family for their work in testing this.

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Instructor
#9 Old 6th May 2008 at 3:11 AM
Thanks for fixing this! I hadn't noticed it yet, but I'm sure it would've bugged me once I did.
Instructor
#10 Old 6th May 2008 at 4:20 AM
Thank you so much for fixing what EAxis *should* have done in the first place. Very much appreciate your sharing this with us!!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th May 2008 at 10:48 PM
Thanks, If only EAxis actully PLAYED the games they made, perhaps you woudn't of had to go to all this trouble! Thanks!

The Sim Supply!

Call me PD :)
Test Subject
#12 Old 12th May 2008 at 11:38 PM
Thanks Menaceman for answering my question! Looking foreward to more of your uploads.

Ena sue weep burwa beep
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 13th May 2008 at 5:58 PM
thank you so much... this seemed strange that it didn't work since the orginal crib did...
Forum Resident
#14 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 5:45 PM
I hate the sloppiness of EAxis. I was very surprised when I saw that there were no animations! I didn't downloaded a piece of CC... I bought an EP, I want a little more quality please!! Thanks for fixing this stupid mistake.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 11:29 PM
You and many others as well should earn a "Thank You" of EA for fixing another bug they produced as professionals. It's really boring to see so many bugs and patches that follow each EP they release.
Thank you for your special work.
hexameter
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 10:06 PM Last edited by MajorMercedes : 29th Jul 2008 at 10:08 PM. Reason: I am failing miserably at the English language today...
I can't believe someone outside of EA actually had to add animations to an EP crib. That's really sad.

Thanks for putting in the small amount of time and effort that EA didn't!

Do you think that these will ever be made to use recolors from the base game crib? This annoyed me as well. :/
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 1:21 AM
I have a question: Since it is now animated, can toddlers escape like they do with the kinder koddler?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 12:11 PM
As far as I know toddlers should have always been able to escape from these cribs and I've not changed that. All this mod will do is make sure the railings actually move when the toddler does escape.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 4:23 AM
Hey Menaceman44,
can you please re-upload the "UPDATED 31-JAN-09" version of the hack. It seems that only the old original version is up, probably due to the server's crash.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 4:41 PM
Cheers. Should be updated now.
The sleigh crib file has a later date as I did some fiddling with the file after the original release but no changes have been made.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 3:43 PM
Thank you SO MUCH for doing this, I still play Sims 2 (In fact it's the first & only Sims game I've played so far...) and I'm happy someone fixed this. I noticed this annoying bug when I was taking storytelling pictures-EA should thank you for your awesomeness!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 10:38 PM
HOLY SHITE ARE THEY ANIMATED!?!?!?
In srsness they're very nice.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 8:21 PM
Thank you ! :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 10:05 PM
Thanks! They really seem blah without the animation!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#25 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 4:52 AM
Thank you
Page 1 of 2