Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Control Tool II 080629

by christianlov Posted 6th Jun 2008 at 8:01 AM - Updated 18th Jul 2008 at 2:43 PM by christianlov

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 3:22 PM
This seems like a good alternative to Pescado's macrotastics, although not a direct replacement. I note that it does not deal with hobbies, one of the things that macrotastics does, although with some annoying quirks. Any plans to add hobby building? Maybe with less pickiness than macrotastics?

I have to download and play with this, but one thing that jumped out was the sleep control. Single bed? Does it pick any single bed? The nearest? The one the sims used last time? What if the only beds are double?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 4:59 PM
Thanks! What a great idea!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 7:04 PM
Hi christianlov. Great hack. I assume this does not affect visitors, does it? For a lot of the functions it has, it would be nice to call over a visitor, have him do the job (such as repair etc.), and then pay him (Pescado's money order or Monique's computer), to replace NPC repairman, gardener, maid, and such. I know your all-in-1 can be used to do those. But instead of having a regular one (especially repairman), it is nice and simple just to have a visitor (who can be the playable repairman or gardener) over and do the job once in a while. Is this possible? Thanks for considering.
Theorist
#5 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 8:58 PM
I love this thank you!!!!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 10:11 PM
What a cool idea! Thanks so much, now I can have my sim clean the house without having to search for everything!

What category do you find this item under?

Please come check out my SIms 2 Story "Love Child" Caution: Must be 18+
Field Researcher
#7 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 1:26 AM
It is so good having you back in the community! This new toy is going to make playing my big households sooooo much easier! Thank you so much!

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 2:34 AM
I like this! It is such a pain trying to motivate the sims sometimes, and it becomes tedious to repeat commands.
I'm downloading this. Thank you!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 11:22 AM
You have some of the BEST ideas!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 1:43 PM
This is a great idea! Sometimes I don't see where my child/teenage sims put their homework down. Then I have to search and search for it. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm hoping that I won't have to search for their homework any more. Thanks for making this!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 2:36 PM
this seems like a really great tool. One question, though, is the menu on the sim or some seperate object? Thanks
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 2:49 PM
I'm so glad someone made this because my kids always put their homework in some odd place where I can't find it.

I don't like to repeat gossip....SO LISTEN UP!!!

<a href="http://www.freewebs.com/mobsterwifenatasha/">Visit My Website</a>
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LynnMar
this seems like a really great tool. One question, though, is the menu on the sim or some seperate object? Thanks

the menu on a separate object. and lynnmar, i emailed you. you were right!!! it was a bug of my program!
Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 8:23 PM
Oh wow .. can't thank you enough for this!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 2:03 AM
What a great idea, thanks so much for sharing.

"Don't Sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things." - Dennis the Menace
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 7:18 PM
really good idea, but dont you think it would take out the fun in the game??
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordrichter
but one thing that jumped out was the sleep control. Single bed? Does it pick any single bed? The nearest? The one the sims used last time? What if the only beds are double?

because sims test their relationship level to see if they shoo each other or they can sleep together, double beds was a headache to me... so i just gave up double beds and only added a single bed command... anyway sims will try to find the nearst free single bed... and if there isn't any single bed available for them, the queue will fail...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lion
it would be nice to call over a visitor, have him do the job (such as repair etc.),

i don't have an idea for this atm, but if you can give me a detailed idea on how to implementing that (like how we call visitors, via phone or just placing a summoning object and clicking command?), i will give it a try, but there's a controller i made for simple use (more simpler than ai1) so that might be adequate for such a purpose, anyway thanks for opinion!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 4:28 PM
That visitor worker mirror of yours is brilliant. I'm lovinge it. I just discovered it it in the graveyard, and gave it some testing. Sorry to ask while you already offered one. It's really good for "calling over" a playable worker(as opposed to Maxis maid and repairman). This is what I meant by "call visitors": summoning directly at the mirror, calling them over on the phone, or they walk into lot like your all-in-1, any of these methods is ok with me really.

It seems to me that the only things they come over to do are clean and repair. I only set dirty and broken state for plumbings to test. I also put down some plants, but forgot to test. Do they also do gardening? The flower beds and bushes, not Seasons plants; for that, I can hire an employee farmer to do.

I do have a few suggestions if you like. Since you don't have a thread for the visitor worker mirror, I'll put them here.

(1) Separately summon/call a visitor to come clean, or repair, or gardening (if gardening is there too). This will make your simple mirror more complicated than you would like to work on. But potentially it can be very useful, if different playables are designated as maid, repairperson, and gardener, like how I prefer. I also suggest more functions: spray bugs (the exterminator), training animals (the obiediance trainer). You see where I'm going, to replace as many of the service npc's as possible.

(2) Automatically pay them, like $15 per hour, and additional base charge ($50?) for repair, extermination, and animal training. And for this purpose, make them go home after the job is done? Currently, they stay to socialize after they fix/clean everything.

It's up to you to consider these. If you think these are interesting/useful functions for your visitor mirror, and you are interested in adding them, I will really enjoy using it. I'm sure many other players will like it too, judging from the strategy discussions that have been going on at MATY.
Test Subject
#20 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 11:35 AM
quote lion:
(1) Separately summon/call a visitor to come clean, or repair, or gardening (if gardening is there too). This will make your simple mirror more complicated than you would like to work on. But potentially it can be very useful, if different playables are designated as maid, repairperson, and gardener, like how I prefer. I also suggest more functions: spray bugs (the exterminator), training animals (the obiediance trainer). You see where I'm going, to replace as many of the service npc's as possible.

hi christianlov--thank you, this is so sweet! i really really needed this! if i could add onto lion's first comment: if it's possible to assign groups of people, for example all visitors, all residents, all women, all men, etc. i don't know if that sounds like a good idea...

it could lend itself for making a painting class, for example, or cooking class...

thank you for being at mts2!
Instructor
#21 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 1:57 PM
This is neat! I'll probably play with both it and Macrotastics to see which I like better for which function.

Any possibility of getting a sleep command that would take advantage of Twojeffs' Smart Beds, though? ( http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php/topic,15.0.html -- lets you teach your Sims what bed is theirs, so that when they go to sleep autonomously they'll pick the right one)
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 8:41 PM
Just wow.. this is one of thous things that I believe should bee add to any new sims game great idea , It makes my life some much nicer when dealing with 8 sim in one house.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 6:03 PM
Although I've read your post about the "sleep in single bed" isn't there a routine where you could change it to a "go to bed" bhav?
I love your control mirror-and it is so wonderful to use..but that single bed thing does distract unless the sim is single.
Of course, one can use Pescado's "Sleep Clock" to make them go to bed-but it only works when the sim is near collapse-not half way there.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Although I've read your post about the "sleep in single bed" isn't there a routine where you could change it to a "go to bed" bhav?

i changed it to support doube beds in new version
please try and let me know if it doesnt work
Test Subject
#25 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 7:04 AM
Semi-global data are overwrite with the SimControlToolV2
Page 1 of 2