Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

HP's Delphy Hair Mesh Linked to Maxis Textures

by fanseelamb Posted 18th Jun 2008 at 1:34 AM - Updated 29th Aug 2008 at 8:18 PM by fanseelamb : editing search parameters

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 7:28 AM
Thank you
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 11:02 AM
nice, thank you!
May I ask where the glasses which the brown-haired guy wears are from? I've been kind of everywhere in the SimsCommunity but haven't seen these yet... The others look nice, too.
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 5:37 PM
psychosim0: they come with FreeTime I believe

Thanks for this! I think a lot of my male sims will be getting this haircut
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 6:19 PM
Aw, thanks guys! I'm glad you like 'em.... even though I did very little to make them. HP and Maxis really deserve all the credit.

psychosim0: Yeah the glasses are either from Bon Voyage or Free Time. I don't remember exactly which, but they're all Maxis glasses.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 9:20 PM
oh, what a pity... But thanks for the info. Now, see how pampered I am with all the communities CC: When I see something nice I don't even THINK about it being from maxis...
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 4:23 AM
Before I install, I have a question. You say the mesh is included, but below your file it says a mesh is required, with the link to Delphy & HP's Pixel Dollies. Do I need to dl and install both? I may anyway, but just want clarification.

As usual, your stuff looks great. Thanks for taking Delphy & HP's creation and going that step further. There are just not enough short male hair styles out there. I've seen tons of long hair, but I don't really like them (I like short hair on guys, girls, too, for that matter). My hair bins are really full on the female side, but the male side is only a few pages long. I also love the realistic colors, not the color wheel versions. Again, thanks.

Albert - 2/14/1990-6/2007 He was no dog, he was my short, furry, four-legged, person. And I miss him.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 5:08 AM
jmeyers655: No, you don't need to download the sims too. The mesh is included with these "recolours" so that's all you need. I really should remove that extra link at the bottom. BTW, I totally agree with you on the preference for short realistically coloured male hair.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:43 PM
Fansee, they are great!!
Now I'm waiting for the matching hairlines
I have a "thing" for hairlines, you know ...
Would you consider (*blinking eyes in a seductive way*) this someday?

You know the way it twists and turns,changing colour,spining yarns
You know the way it leaves you dry, It cuts you up, it takes you high
You know the way it throws about,It takes you in and spits you out
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#10 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:55 PM
Vera - The textures on these use the Maxis textures. The textures I used were very slightly different so they wouldn't have a gap when used with the hairline I made for Delphy-sim. One would have to alpha edit all the Maxis textures for them to work with the hairlines I made.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 3:17 AM
Ops !
I'm helpless ...

You know the way it twists and turns,changing colour,spining yarns
You know the way it leaves you dry, It cuts you up, it takes you high
You know the way it throws about,It takes you in and spits you out
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 11:27 PM
these are greeeeat. thanks! :D
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 7:35 PM
fanseelamb,
I love your work, I use these hairs consistently; your creations probably make up half my downloads folder. My question is about linking hairstyles to the maxis textures. I do simple recoloring, but I've never made a new mesh; is this linkage process doable for someone like me? If so, is it possible to explain it?
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 8:12 PM
amr95pitt: The short answer is that with SimPE, you change the texture name in the Material Definitions to the Maxis texture name. It's certainly doable for just about anyone - but if you need a more step-by-step explanation, that would probably require a little tutorial. I was actually thinking about writing one, so perhaps I will. One thing to keep in mind is that you can't do this with just any old mesh - it has to match up properly with a Maxis texture, like this mesh and most age-conversion meshes do.
#15 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 1:06 AM
Thank you! So much better than the ridiculous crap from the 60s, 70s and 80s EA gave us.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 9:32 AM
Your work - as far as male hair goes - is consistently what goes in my "male hair downloads" folder; none of that overly puffy, pouty, tiny-nosed crap.. just Guy Hair. Thank you. REALLY.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#17 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 2:34 PM
Hot! Hot! Hot!
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#18 Old 27th May 2012 at 11:18 PM
So very nice thank much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 8th May 2014 at 12:57 AM
Grata por Postar seu Trabalho! Amei