Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Colorful realistic eyes (16 colors)

by -Shady- Posted 21st Jun 2008 at 1:21 PM

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 7:18 PM
Beautiful eye colors. So much better than any I have seen. I am a mesher at SimCoast2, but certainly not one that can do the bodyshop work on the sims. This totally blows me away. Good job.

Visit me at my site for more radical creations at:
www.simcoast2.com
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 8:05 PM
These are Amazing!Great Job!and Thank you!
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 8:06 PM
Are these Genetically binned, with the lighter colors being recessive, and the darker dominant?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jan_AQ
Are these Genetically binned, with the lighter colors being recessive, and the darker dominant?

no, these are simple custom eyes =)
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 12:39 AM
I've been trying to download stuff ALL DAY yesterday and today, what happens? KA-BOOM! "Server has time out" is what Firefox says. I've been using Internet Explorer, and I happened to think firefox would work. Boy, I was wrong. I'll download when this MTS2 Download madness is fixed by me.
Still, I'm your #1 Downloader!

ENTJ
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 1:11 AM
Beautiful! I wish I could do things like that. Thank you!
Instructor
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 1:55 AM
Wow these are stunning! Thanks
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 3:12 AM
Brilliant work!

"For it matters more whether there will be weather,than what the weather will be."
---Phantom Tollbooth
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 3:16 AM
Wow, gorgeous! I love the variety of colors, and that the colors are vivid but not too saturated ! Thanks a lot!^^
Forum Resident
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 5:04 AM
amazing eyes!! Can't wait until I can download again
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 12:05 PM
Thank you these are gorgeous^^

If I do not congratulate you on your birthday or any other special occasion, then I may not know you?

I'm good at what I do but I suck at actually doing it :P
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 4:14 PM
Are these defaults? Thanks these are awesome!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ginger8445
Are these defaults? Thanks these are awesome!

non defaults =)
Field Researcher
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 8:22 PM
Hi,

Please see what I commented on your other eye set at
http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=288949

Those colors are simply superb. There are a couple of tones that I'd see a use for. I have only one constructive comment to do. And really, don't take it as a negative comment, and you don't have to agree with me, but I think the iris is too small.

As I commented on your other eye set, the Maxis default iris are way too large, which is probably on purpose (seeing how most of facial features are made more prominent than real, probably to make them more visible as most of the time the Sims are only visible from a distance), however the iris on your other eye set is just perfect, just how they look when I look to myself in a mirror.

However to my eyes (word play unintended) the iris on those eyes looks way too small.

Another comment, and now I don't suppose this is feasible as I've never played on genetic, it would be cool if you had set them correctly, regarding dominant and regressive genes, so that children get the correct colors. I'm guessing that without that, the babies will simply get either the mother's or the father's color, without a change to catch any middle tone. Since you have many different tones for each base color, it would make for a terrific feature.

Hope you understand that my comments are made to help you, not against you. I might be good at other things, but I'm really bad (read: null) at graphic arts. And as of yet I have only one upload to prove I'm not null at everything :p

Tom
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 11:20 PM
Will you add a set of these wonderful eyes as default???
That would be soooooooo great!!!!
This set of eyes is totally stunning!!
Thanks so much!

One touch and I can see things, things that happened, things that will happen...You should see what I see...
Test Subject
#17 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 12:40 AM
umm do you know how much i officially LOVE you!?!?! awesome job!
Test Subject
#18 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 11:43 AM
Lurvely eyes! With regard to Tom's comment about the small iris, sometimes that can be useful, other times a larger iris is better. I've been considering making an "iris ring" mask that could be used on smaller eyes to convert them if you love that eye but it is too small. (You know what I mean? How some eyes have a slightly darker ring around the edge? I thought it might be posssible to make one as an add on, what do you think?)
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 1:52 AM
These are very beautiful and extremely realistic. I applaud your talent. I wish I could have any chances or time to be anywhere near talented as you are. Thank you again for all your wonderful creations.
Test Subject
#20 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:59 AM Last edited by slcd : 26th Jun 2008 at 4:06 AM. Reason: clarity
Default Identifying Which Files Are for Which Eyes
Hi Shady!
Your eyes for our Sims are simply beautiful. I have one request in the way that you package your files, though. Could you use the Sims2Pack format so that when I use Clean Install, I can actually see the eyes I wish to use? The Sims2Pack would be within your rar or zip files.

For instance, while all your eye colors are great, I only have use for the ones I feel are unique for my Sims--your cornflower blue eyes, midnight blue, and very dark green in this collection, and the midnight blue and dark green with a contrasting color near the iris on your sparkling eyes (maybe that set is only on your site?).

If Sims2Pack is not possible, just naming the files with distinctive names would be wonderful. By all means, keep the collections intact in one download because if people don't already have so many different eye collections in their game, they will definitely wish to chose yours to begin their custom collections.

Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us, Shady.
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 1:58 AM
Hey Shady!

The eyes are wonderful, as usual!
I grabbed them all.

Would defaults be at all possible?

-Teralis
Test Subject
#22 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 6:37 PM
All I can say is WOW. Thank you so much for these wonderful eyes
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 9:20 PM
Wow!!! I mean really! I was so in love with all your eyes I downloaded all your eyes :lovestruc (all but the defaults because i already have one and can't find it so i could get rid of it for yours). I did all that for 2 reasons.
1. I'm TOTALLY addicted to downloading
2. These are just AMAZING
Thanks for uploading all of em