Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

WineMaking Career

by CrazySheep808 Posted 27th Jun 2008 at 9:22 AM - Updated 28th Mar 2011 at 9:01 AM by CrazySheep808 : Updating search parameters

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 8:19 PM
i would be happy to test it ill get back to you if i have problems.
Scholar
#3 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 8:24 PM
oo this is nice
i dont ever download carrers because there to "diffrent" and the little icon is always bad...and the levels suck...but this..this is nice. great work. are you gonna do more carreers?
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 8:28 PM
ooooo
lemme try!
haha
i'll let you know if i have probs...
oh, btw
I have the Seasons EP
hope that won't interfere
Forum Resident
#5 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 8:32 PM
There are already available several objects and lots concerning wine and vineyards but for me this is the missing link in that chain. Thank you for sharing.
hexameter
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 8:42 PM
This looks really good, I'll test it for you.

~*~ Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most... ~*~
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 10:51 PM
Oh, Free Taste testing
Thought I Can't Download Game Mods Destroys My Computer
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 11:05 PM
Thanks, it looks good. Niko21 That is beer. :P
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 5:59 AM
This is a great idea! I'd love to test it out for you!

~~Nao
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 12:46 AM
I would love to test it for you also but I dont think I downloaded it right. I really need help with installing careers if anyone can help me. Please. I read the guide to downloading but it didnt help. I downloaded it into my documents then I extracted the file from there to my downloads folder but the jobs still didnt end up in the game.
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 3:40 AM
works fine. no problem so far. thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 5:57 AM
Hey everyone, thanks heaps for trying this out and for all the positive feedback! I might try making a teen/elder version if there's enough interest, just let me know.

Also, Shay11, I found that it took a few minutes for this career to appear in the boolprop testing lists, if you can't find it there then perhaps it is not compatible with your eps. Which ones do you have installed?

Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end.
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 5:58 PM
This is going to be a very long post.

First: To CrazySheep808
Thank you! This mod is working perfectly, and all the chance cards were very creative. Espeically the last ones *wink*. However! As being a damned perfectionist I must state a few things! Although I am not educated in the process of wine making I do know that those who are wine makers are not called wine makers. They prefer to be called wine vinters. Perhaps a Job Title change is in order? I would believe it would simple enough. Also the GrapeShed Manager position well in my opinion sounded alittle fakeish. Feel better though cause now I'm interested in seeing the wine making process myself to allow for better input, that is if you truly want my opinion/help. Ok next.

To: Shay11 and others

There is a certain load order of your mods. Some mods require that you buy them from the catalogue/use them in your house at least once in every household before they will allow the load order to move on. To avoid this use a mod manager and edit the load order so all carreers and Gobals Run first. That should solve your problem. Other than that it pops right in the Downloads Folder.

To: Everyone Else
I recomend this mod and to be honest my sim is using it up to the fullest! Give your thanks to CrazySheep!!!

With the Greatest Humility,
-Lord Navala
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 12:57 AM
Heya LordNavala,

Thankyou! I know absolutely nothing about the winemaking, or winevinting process. Yes I agree the grapeshed manager was a bit of a stretch, I was running out of ideas at that point. If you have an alternative suggestion I'd be happy to consider changing it.
Also, is "WineVinting" a viable name? Your post seems to suggest that, but it seems a little awkward to me. Hmm..

But anyway, if you manage to find out some facts that could be used to make the career seem more realistic, I don't see what harm it could do! Unless there's a public outcry to keep it as it is lol. I'm happy to update it anytime!!

Have an awesome day

Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 8:02 PM
Yes it's a viable name only it'd be 'Wine Vintner'. That sounds very proper. Also I think I'm going to speak to a friend of mine who is a vintner and see how he makes his wines. You're welcome. Feel free to message me personally anytime. -Lord Navala
Inventor
#16 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 1:38 AM
This is a great career and no problems so far. Thanks.

Panic! At The Disco ... I'm Down With The Panic!
My Chemical Romance ... With The Band Members.
My Secrect ... AFI's Miss Murder Is Me. Shhh!
(Avatar made by Me)
Test Subject
#17 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 5:18 PM
i haven't found any problems with it so far, will let you know if I do

~*~ Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most... ~*~
Test Subject
#18 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 2:30 AM
This is a creative career and perfect for my peasant sims in my medieval neighborhood! Downloading for sure =D
Test Subject
#19 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 5:15 PM
As Hexameter mentioned, this is indeed a missing link, certainly in my Sims universe (Tuscany Valley & Falcon Crest...).
I'll test it right now, and let you know soon!
Test Subject
#20 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 4:50 AM
I would have thought "wine vinter" is a bit over-the-top: the "vin" bit of the word actually means "wine," so you would be calling the person a wine wine(make)er! "Vintner," by itself, would be more proper - like Elizabeth Knox's book "The Vintner's Luck."
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 9:38 AM
I really like the career, it's not totally realistic, but great fun for sims.

Two remarks though :
- In the lower levels the uniforms of the exterminator and nurse are odd.
- I love your chance cards but a 40.000.000,- bonus is over the top. (It happened with the sugar and wine mixing card.)

I haven't been untill the last level yet, but so far this career is well worth importing in the game.

Thank you very much.

Suggestion for the next one : A Dallas-Dynasty type OIL BARON CAREER.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 10:03 PM
You're saying you get too much money? Wow...
Feel free to adjust this career to suit your needs/wants. As long as it's not redistributed under your name or whatever, I'm happy for you to make changes. However, the wine industry can be very lucrative...

I used those uniforms because they looked about right, again if you want to change them in your game go ahead!

Oooh Oil Baron... what a good idea! You don't mind if I pinch it? I know you suggested it here but it always makes me feel a bit uneasy in case you want to make it yourself.

:D

Test Subject
#23 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 10:19 AM
Please go ahaid! Make a great career!
The joy of playing with a career made by someone else is the surprise element.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 12:04 AM
This career rocks! Great idea, CrazySheep. I LOVE it!
Very creative and unique...thank you for sharing your talent.

Sugah's Place
... Providing quality Sims 2 downloads in a fun, friendly forum setting ...
Specializing in gorgeous Sim models, CC recolors, custom walls, prime real estate, original challenges & more!
Test Subject
#25 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 2:42 AM
this is the most unique one ive seen yet
Page 1 of 2