Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mannequin babies can be born

by bloodredtoe Posted 9th Jul 2008 at 3:13 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2008 at 10:01 PM by bloodredtoe : added info

100 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 79 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Forum Resident
#2 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 12:45 PM Last edited by Nightly367 : 10th Jul 2008 at 12:50 PM. Reason: I gotta start proof-reading before I submit...
Thank youuu! I made a mannequin family, had them for about a sim week, and I loved them. I decided to make them have a baby - I saved right before birth (so I could go back if I didn't get the gender I wanted) and boom. Never got to play that family again :-(

My eyes lit up when I saw this - I can't wait to try it out!

Nightly
"...because as you know, Betty is the God of Arm Hair."
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 12:51 PM
That's great!
But does is work with Default Replacement Skins too?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 12:55 PM
Wicked! Thanks for this fix.
Instructor
#5 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 2:37 PM
This is so coool! Thank you a bunch! I am hoping can use this as a regular sim now!
hugs,
Skye

When in doubt, use clean installer
Fur is protested more than leather, because it's easier to harrass old ladies than biker gangs!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ariLOVESmyv
That's great!
But does is work with Default Replacement Skins too?

It's independent. The game doesn't have textures for mannequin babies, so if you have default replacement for mannequin it won't affect babies. I made the textures myself desaturating maxis light skin. If you want replacement for the babies you have to replace the textures in my file.
Test Subject
#7 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 4:02 PM
ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodpleasehavemybabiesthisisanamazingmodthankyousomuch
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 4:42 PM
Cool! I don't use the mannequin skintone because of this reason and now I can so thanks a million!

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Not actually evil.
#9 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 4:46 PM
Thank you! A great use for that ugly skin, it doesn't look ugly on goth sims, looks nice! If you could post a short explanation of how you did this for the education of the community, that would be great.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
#10 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 5:25 PM
Treeag already did this I believe. She made the manequin skin available in CAS without debug and added a baby skin that won't crash your game. It really wasn't that long ago that she did it either. Here is the link:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=284759
I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything so no one needs to flame me but do we really need downloads that do the same thing?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Thank you! A great use for that ugly skin, it doesn't look ugly on goth sims, looks nice! If you could post a short explanation of how you did this for the education of the community, that would be great.

Actually I did the easiest thing possible just to check if it would work and it did!
I created a custom skintone with BodyShop, replaced textures for babies (desaturated light skin), removed useless textures, property sets and material definitions (I left 3D ID Referencing Files since I had no clue what I could and what I couldn't delete from these, still waiting for somebody to tell me ), then edited property sets putting family and skintone string copied from other mannequin ages. I also changed some names but I believe it wasn't necessary.

That means I added what was missing:D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TashaFaun
Treeag already did this I believe. She made the manequin skin available in CAS without debug and added a baby skin that won't crash your game. It really wasn't that long ago that she did it either. Here is the link:
I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything so no one needs to flame me but do we really need downloads that do the same thing?

I was wondering if somebody did this before me, but at the time I was looking for this fix a while ago I didn't find anything. Thanks for info
Inventor
#13 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 6:33 PM Last edited by BlueIzumi : 10th Jul 2008 at 6:40 PM.

It looks like that person only added the giving birth part more recently if bloodredtoe had searched with in 2 month and 1 day of now bloodredtoe would not have found it so I don't really see a problem with this upload. I'd be really frusterated if I started befor that one was released and couldn't share, that would totally bum me out. I'm not flaming I'm just saying I don't think it'll hurt this one time.
!@_~!

At my final resting place
!@_o!
Test Subject
#14 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 7:06 PM
I've never tried to have a mannequin-skinned family before, but this looks very useful and I might just download it and use it for the heck of it =) great job!

Elizabeth: And the enemy will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! With the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, HOIST THE COLORS! -Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 7:10 PM
This is simply awesome. One of the best hacks ever!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueIzumi
I'm not flaming I'm just saying I don't think it'll hurt this one time.
!@_~!

And if it was just once I probably would not have said anything but it seems to be a trend on this site to have a bunch of the same thing. Treeag fixed her mistake right after she uploaded so it wasn't really "recently" that it was updated. The problem with crashing was noticed and she fixed it. I just don't see a problem with getting an "older" one as long as its been updated.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 9:35 PM
And if it was just once I probably would not have said anything but it seems to be a trend on this site to have a bunch of the same thing. Treeag fixed her mistake right after she uploaded so it wasn't really "recently" that it was updated. The problem with crashing was noticed and she fixed it. I just don't see a problem with getting an "older" one as long as its been updated.

whats wrong with having options? its not like theres 200 of these uploads. and if the moderators had a problem with there being more than one of something, they wouldn't have accepted this. like izumi said, its not hurting anyone.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 9:59 PM
This is awesome, thank you! I have a couple sims made with the mannequin skin, and I had resigned myself to never breeding them. Now I can!

coming to you directly from the mothership/make my funk the p.funk
Test Subject
#19 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 11:37 PM
very happy with this, can't wait to try it out! thank you for your efforts.
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 1:26 AM
It is my understanding that the previous fix was basically a new version of the skin. This fix enables you to use already created sims with the skin tone or create new ones with this skin tone and have it work correctly.

Anyway Thanks for the fix, It will make my already created sims happy because now they can have kids
Field Researcher
#21 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 1:28 AM
Soooo... what's a mannequin skin? I use BodyShop just to do the basic construction of a new Simmie, so I'm not familiar with nuances, etc.

~*~*~*~ Proud supporter of MTS2 ~*~*~*~
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 1:38 AM
I just finished trying this out, actually, but I've got a problem now. It works great and fine, I love how my game doesn't crash, but every baby with a mannequin mother or father is mannequin as well. EVERY baby.
Inventor
#23 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 5:35 AM Last edited by JLonier : 11th Jul 2008 at 10:23 AM. Reason: removing quote from deleted post
Stop getting so defensive.... And I didn't say it was recently par quote I gave an exact time frame I made sure to check my stuff.... In any case modding is alot of work pluse in all actuallity these are two peoples versions of the same thing not maxis so no options don't hurt... BUT! I will agree with you about the duplicit stuff... But I am not a a moderator... So I can not help you with that... I must add though, this is not exactly diplicate... Again it's two different peoples take on the iteam... In fact the person who's hack you DLed didn't even include a picture which might cause trouble for some people who don't read and just browse the pictures... Which I've noticed a good amount of people do... So don't worry so much you're getting all worked up over nothing. Again they are not exactly the same and if I had to trash something I made because someone else did it I would not be happy I'd just take it somewhere else. But again these are two peoples different versions of the same thing so just smile and don't worry so much... No reason to get all worked up and in a tizzy.....
!@_~!

At my final resting place
!@_o!
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#24 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 7:47 AM
There is a difference between bloodredtoe and Treeag's mods.

bloodredtoe's fix enables Sims with Mannequin skintones to have children and to give babies their own Mannequin skintone that's not available for that age group.

Zombies couldn't have children unless there was a mod out there to allow them to. Mannequin Sims were treated the same as Zombies.

Treeag's mod enables the skintones to show up in CAS where those unusual skintones weren't normally accessed to, IE Werewolf, Alien, Zombie and whatever else skintones.

TashaFaun:

Please don't flame somebody without reading both threads to understand what they were. They're not the same mods or the OP would've been told by the MTS2 staff that something like this already existed. And they would've rejected the OP's application to upload this particular mod/fix.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 9:57 AM
One question.
What is Mannequin?

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
No, I don't take request at the moment
11/7 -09 My beautiful niece was born!
Page 1 of 5