Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Bright Sword Resort

by lauralaima Posted 18th Sep 2008 at 8:45 PM - Updated 14th May 2009 at 8:17 PM by lauralaima

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 8:55 PM
Beautiful! Does this have to be placed on a beach lot or can it be placed anywhere? Thanks.
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 10:32 PM
This is really great! I can use it for my medieval sims vacations!!!!! You did a superb job!
Wiki Wizard
#4 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 10:50 PM
Another great lot, i love this, it is fab, thanks Laura

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 11:53 PM
you've done a wondrous job once again!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 10:09 AM
Thank you guys!
rian it is a beach lot so you must place it near the beach
kittyvibe I was missing your comments, thank you!
Alchemist
#7 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 11:08 AM
It looks perfect, laura, love your presentation too.
Now I'm downloading the whole pack so that this evening I'll play this beautiful lot (and hurrah for the CCs!) Thank you and ciao
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 12:13 PM
Oh my, that's a great work! Keep it up!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 12:16 PM
Thank you both! It really took it's time to get done... but it was worth the effort
Instructor
#10 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 8:47 PM
This is gorgeous!

My DEVIANTART profile
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 8:54 PM
thanks Kriselt this is one of my favourites
Field Researcher
#12 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 10:14 PM
Been on leave....and as I stretch my arms about, and crack the knuckles....
I find laura's been a busy builder...hmmm
…doesn't surprise me though...one of the most committed simmers I know....
this, and all of the current batch, are perfect laimastyle creations....
ye' genius runsover' ty
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 12:50 PM
It looks absolutely wonderful. There's one problem for me though: After placing the lot I see the two columns (?) at the front of the building are flashing blue. I thought I would just go in and replace them with something but when I try to load the lot the game crashes at the third...load bar thing. I have all expansion packs needed and I think all CC is included is it not?

Any ideas as to what might be wrong? The lot looks great and I would very much like to try it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 9:27 AM
Humm, okay first, thanks for your kind words
Then, there a 2 pair of columns (buttresses) in the front fachade, those are called 'Simple Two-story Buttress' and it's by 'Magick Modders' from the set 'A MidsimmerNight's Dream', from the Themed Sets here at MTS2. Look in your downloads folder for it. However, it seems that the silver recolor is not shown in the list... maybe I forgot about it and didn't include it in the package, but I don't think so because nobody has reported me any problem...
What I'd do:
-download the mesh and the silver recolor again: http://hideki.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=99584
good luck!
Test Subject
#15 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 5:33 PM
Mmm well I downloaded the buttresses again and they no longer flash blue but the game crashes when the loading bar for the lot reaches the third column. I checked around the neighbourhood view of the hotel to see other blue flashing objects but I see none.

The game runs very well on my computer and quite fast by the way... in case it was a problem with my computer (I don't know much about crashes and their causes.)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 9:36 PM
I don't know then... the package doesn't content any global mod or hack, so maybe it's because you use a custom neighbourhood terrain or camera? and do you have all the EPs listed above?
another thing... you placed it by the water didn't you? this is a beach lot so it only works if it's near the coast
I'm sorry that this isn't working for you, this is all I come up with... if the problem persists, you could try in the forums, people there may know
good luck again!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 9:28 PM
WOW! YOU MUST BE JUST... JUST.... Em... How do I say this.... I'll just say tired Good for you! You made this HUGE building! How long did it take you to make this?!

~Lila
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 10:33 AM
yeah I got tired but it was fun! I'm glad you like it
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 10:51 AM
Hi. I tried to put this in my neighborhood, but I can't find a coastal lot to put it on. All of the coastal areas won't allow it. Do you know what neighborhood terrain this was originally built on?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 10:27 PM
oh sorry I don't remember... 3 lakes maybe?
Test Subject
#21 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauralaima
oh sorry I don't remember... 3 lakes maybe?

I just tried it and I still can't place it anywhere. Might have missed some of the custom content. I'll try again. Thanks!