Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Luxurious European Apartments - 4 Units open for Rent

by himawara106 Posted 10th Oct 2008 at 11:30 PM - Updated 11th Oct 2008 at 11:33 AM by himawara106

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
#2 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 3:34 AM
Amazing! Puts my efforts to shame.
Alchemist
#3 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 9:14 AM
An apartment row with real character! It´s great! Thanks,
Wiki Wizard
#4 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 12:24 PM
Amazing work, so realistic, well done! :D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 6:02 PM
awesome, thanks!!

oh, and thanks for the residential version!! very useful.
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 6:54 PM
the outside is very very nice. and european. but the inside isn't that european...

Hi y'all!
My diary
Field Researcher
#7 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 7:00 PM Last edited by smmi73 : 11th Oct 2008 at 7:21 PM.
Love the exterior. It's very well done. I've been looking for apartments like that

If I may give some feedback on the interior, I'd say that apartments of this type would have an entrance hall (but maybe not in Vienna??). At least in the European countries I've been to, you'd rarely walk directly into the kitchen in a posh apartment, unless it was a studio or a loft type thing. - But maybe it's just meant to be a traditional type apartment??
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 9:47 PM
Hey you all - thanks for your nice feedback! Glad you like it.

@EnglishGoop
It's a typical old Viennese apartment building from the exterior. I see many of them here in town and do think that they are typical Viennese from the outside and the furniture is european or at least austrian/german? We have here so many styles (modern, cottage look, contemporary etc.) Maybe we can't speak of a specific style anymore, but I tried to furnish the apartments each in a different type. Cottage style furniture, modern, rustic and so on.

smmi73- Yes you are right. Most of these buildings have an entrance hall where you can take the stairs or the lift to the apartments, but I didn't want to make it that big because it then lags my pc and I like all my lots to be good playable and not just to look too bombastic with so much stuff sims can't actually use. But to make it more realistic, sure it should have that and maybe I make a version like that.
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 9:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HomestarRunner20X6
Amazing! Puts my efforts to shame.

No, that's not true. Look at how I started making lots. You're doing well!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 11:59 AM
LOVE IT!! Can't wait to play it...gosh I could take some lessons from you, lol well done

"Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever".
R.I.P Brandon Lee
Field Researcher
#11 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 10:11 PM Last edited by carlasturmer : 12th Oct 2008 at 10:20 PM.
I wish I could live in one of these amazing apartments... ó.o

And I do agree with this idea of lots being good playable and not just to look too bombastic. Entry halls, for Sim houses, just take good space that otherwise would serve for something more useful. I do have some pc lags too, and as much playable a lot is, the more I like it.

Congrats for the wonderful creation, himawara106! Your apartments creations put you in my favourite creators list!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. (Oscar Wilde)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 12:56 PM
Amazing job! Thank you so much for sharing.
Inventor
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 2:57 PM
Hi simmylala, carlasturmer and renette0 - thank you so much for your feedback.

@carlasturmer: Wow, favourite creators list sounds great. That's such a great compliment. Hope you like my future creations too.
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 11:42 AM
Wow, it looks so beautiful :D
Instructor
#15 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 11:48 AM
These are gorgeous! Thank you very much
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 7:03 PM
these are even nicer then all the other buildings you've made!!!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 2:03 PM
Looks nice. Great job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 9:16 PM
thanks