Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

3 Harry Potter careers (Minor Update 19 Nov 2008)

by Julieryc Posted 18th Nov 2008 at 6:44 PM - Updated 20th Nov 2008 at 3:54 AM by Julieryc

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 7:04 PM
I have three things to say: I love you, I love you and I love you! I've been wanting HP careers for a while, but didn't want the one from the HP Project. Thank you sooooo much!

Grateful Downloader
-Jen
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 7:15 PM
ohmygod!
these are legend, thank you so much!

If you want a girl to play with, go buy a barbie!
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 7:32 PM
I T I S A M A Z I N G ! ! ! Thanks!
Scholar
#5 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 8:02 PM
I also play a neighborhood with hundreds of sims (I call this playing 'wide' rather than 'narrow' which would be playing many generations of a few families). Most of my sims are showbiz people (current or past: Both Madonna and Humphrey Bogart), also Vladimir Horowitz, Bill Clinton, Colin Powell, and Michelle and Barack Obama! I refuse to play "W" or Sarah P!

I do have Harry, Ron, and Fleur (as adults), Hermione (as a teenager), and Severus Snape. I have been playing these using an old generalized Hogwarts career (starts with house elf).

I think that all of them will be starting over with brand new careers! Thank you!

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 1:37 AM
These look great! I think the #10 for the Wizarding World career is inspired, and I really like the Diagon Alley one, too. Thanks for sharing these with us!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Alchemist
#7 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 6:41 AM
Magical! Thanks,
Forum Resident
#8 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 7:15 AM
Awesome work! Thankyou very much!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 8:45 AM
That´s great!! I´ll not download, ´cause they´re not in my language, so there may be understanding problems , but otherwise i had done so! I also made a order of phoenix and a death eater career for my personal use, so i have though some jobs for my witches and wizards Really great done
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 2:39 PM
These are fantastic! Thank you for keeping them so canon - I love that you worked in as many real place names and job positions as possible. This is the stuff that makes for good gameplaying. And I love the variety! You've inspired me to make a Harry Potter neighborhood when I play again. I'm surprised I haven't done so already...
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 2:46 PM
do i need any expansion packs for that...its only listet with basegame but i´m not sure!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 6:44 PM
Thank you SO much!
This is perfect!

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
No, I don't take request at the moment
11/7 -09 My beautiful niece was born!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 7:27 PM
I. LOVE. You. :DD

Seriously. These careers are unbelievably well-written! Not to mention the fact that it's Harry Potter, and the levels are so well written! Finally, my Weasleys can hold jobs true to their actual ones and...gah. *explodes* Wonderful, thanks a million! :D
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 12:36 AM
Oh no!!
I've got a little prob with these careers...
I've downloaded them and they show up in game but not as these Harry Potter careers but as sports career!
Maybe it's because I don't have the english version of the game...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 12:59 AM
Ivaine18, I believe the careers should work with base game. They're all cloned from the science career, which came with base. If anyone who's playing with base game only can confirm, I'd appreciate it.

klEene157,
I think the problem is probably because of the non-English version of the game, since each career has a custom GUID so it shouldn't overwrite anything. Again, if anyone can duplicate the problem, let me know; also, if anyone has any suggestions about why it would do that, I'd appreciate those too.

Thank you everyone else for all your comments! Like I said, it's my first time ever making anything for the Sims and I'm really glad that other people like these.

Julie
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 4:17 AM
Can i repeat someone else in saying that this really rocks? yes? no ...
well either way- I love it i love it I love it... Only one question... well assumption- I'm assuming that the unspeakable is "higher" then the auror- but anyway... thanks!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 10:16 PM
As a HUGE HP fan what can I say?!?!? These are fantastic and will be downloaded ASAP! Thank you so much for all your efforts on behalf of all us Muggles...
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 12:18 PM
Hello=) Ohhh...it's great! Thank you)))) But i have a little problem...my male sims can't work at these jobs...when they take on of magic job, it's descriptions seem like it's a business career ((( (sorry, i can't explain it better, 'cause my english is bad=))
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 6:23 PM
I have the same problem as klEene157. In my game, dutch version, they show up as the sports career. It does have the witch hat icon, though.
Great job anyway. I love Harry Potter .

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends." Luna Lovegood

"It's lucky it's dark...I haven't blushed so much since Madame Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs." Albus Dumbledore
Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 5:38 AM
It sounds like to me this is a problem happening only in Non english versions. I am not sure cause i havent tried yet. BUT I WILL BE. So exciting. Very cool and i love all the detail. I never thought to do a whole neighborhood with mainly HP characters. I am now. So fun. THANKS!!!
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 3:09 PM Last edited by Dojo : 19th Jan 2009 at 3:18 PM.
These are great! but I can;t download them D: I really want them, because i'm going to make a HP neigbourhood, but for some reason I can't download .rar downloads :[ Anybody has a solution?
Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 6:45 PM
I have a question regarding careers. I have downloaded some clothes and was able to put them in my download folder and use them in the game without much trouble. I was wondering if the careers are the same way. Do I just download and then extract into Downloads folder, and it will appear in the game through newspaper/computer, or will there be something else I need to do or download? Thanks!! Oh, I only have base game and Open for Business if that matters.
Test Subject
#23 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 2:10 AM
Is that work in the chinese ver.?><....

btw your sharing was great!
Test Subject
#24 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 5:54 PM
Wow! brilliant!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dojo
These are great! but I can;t download them D: I really want them, because i'm going to make a HP neigbourhood, but for some reason I can't download .rar downloads :[ Anybody has a solution?

Get either Jzip or Winace, then when you go to configure it, click all the boxes for types of downloads.
When you download with Jzip, click on "add", then "extract" as usual.
(With Winace, you CAN actually use it after the intro period.)

Hope that helps!
Page 1 of 2