Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Backdoor Lane 56 -- Three Micro Apartments

by plasticbox Posted 25th Nov 2008 at 3:42 PM - Updated 13th Mar 2009 at 11:34 PM by plasticbox

6 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Wiki Wizard
#2 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 5:49 PM
Beautiful work, i am loving these apartments your making! :D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 6:45 PM Last edited by simsample : 25th Nov 2008 at 7:43 PM. Reason: Marked as feedback
I'm so glad you're making more multi-unit buildings. (I'm in love with the basement pool in #55.) Thank you as always for sharing your work.

One note on this particular lot's compatibility with AL: the back exit with stairs leading down to an enclosed yard will not allow you to rezone the lot as an apartment unless the user modifies the lot. Converters can either delete the back door or follow the instructions in this post from MATY:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg367457
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 6:58 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 25th Nov 2008 at 7:10 PM.
Thanks for that info, mangaroo! (Can you perhaps change it to a non-thanks post? Otherwise, people who only view Feedback won't see it)

Also reminds me that I forgot to say: this veranda could easily have access from/towards the front as well (delete the front halfwall and put stairs in its place) -- but when you do that, be aware that you can only *delete* those halfwalls but you won't be able to put them back without re-expanding and re-shrinking the lot. They are too close to the lot edge (this also goes for walls and half walls that are parallell to the lot border and 1 tile away, like the side walls of this building).

On the note of sim buildings vs. AL, there is also some kind of circumstance with AL apartments and basements / beach / uneven terrain. Mootilda wrote a very informative post about that, with pics and all:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=302405

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 8:00 PM
I love the layouts of all your lots, especially the apartments
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 11:29 AM
thanks
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Oct 2019 at 8:06 PM
The attic space on the top floor is a nice touch.