Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bachelor Apartments - CC-Free

by Loaf Posted 7th Jan 2009 at 12:35 AM - Updated 7th Jan 2009 at 11:28 AM by MissLoaf : Changed default image

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 12:39 AM
I can see why you spent so much time on it! This is nothing short of a spectacular job loaf! and you were worried if it would be accepted or not psssh :D
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 12:57 AM
Really cool, I wanted to make an industrial apt. building, but it didn't come out very good. This is great though!
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 2:24 PM
Didn't you used OfB, too? For the big windows?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by benfleuss
Didn't you used OfB, too? For the big windows?

Nope, the 'The Embrasure' windows were included with Apartment Life as well as OFB - the lot is 100% AL & IKEA only, thanks to the AnyGameStarter =]
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 4:50 PM
Who's a pretty boy then - gorgeous apartment Loafie!

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
#7 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 10:51 AM
Just what I was looking for, it really is perfect for college grads. Thank you =)
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 10:27 PM
This is *exactly* what my 'hood needed. Huzzah for realistic and cheap flats! You rock!
Banned
#9 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 12:13 AM
Awesome! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 2:06 AM
This is a truly awesome work; thank you, thank you, thank you very much.
Inventor
#11 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 7:59 AM Last edited by Devon Aster : 14th Oct 2014 at 10:58 AM.
Edit: Well, it seems I am an idiot of some degree . I either missed or forgot that the zip included both a Residential and Apartments version of the lot. The one I had trouble with was, I believe, the Residential one. It was marked with an R. I just found the other (marked with an A) buried among other lots further on in my lot bin. That one installed as it should. I'm leaving the rest of my post as-is, since it seems Loaf intended that people be able to edit the Residential version and that might still be hindered by the units greying out.

Original post below:

Very nice work! Unfortunately, there appears to be an issue with the lot. I don't know if anyone else has encountered this, but I wanted to share the problem I ran into in case anyone else does and how I fixed it. (Just as a note, I'm running Ultimate Collection on Windows 8.1)

The Problem: When the lot is first placed, it is classed as Residential instead of Apartments and all of the units are greyed out as if occupied. Though it seems the logical next step would be to simply change the lot zoning from Residential to Apartments, DO NOT do this. This seems to bug the lot. The lot will show as Apartments from the Neighborhood view, but when entered again the units will remain greyed out. If you try to reverse it back to Residential (after changing it to Apartments) and replace the Unique Separators with regular doors, the furnishings seem to get wiped out. I didn't attempt to rent any of the units or buy the lot, so I don't know what would have happened.

The Fix: Place the lot and enter it. Delete all the Unique Separators and replace them with normal doors. You may or may not see the units 'fill in' as furnishing become visible. Save and exit. Go back into the lot. The furnishings should, hopefully, be visible now. It seems to be safe at this point to remove the normal doors, put the Unique Separators back in, and change the lot zoning to Apartments. Save and exit.

I would advise entering the lot one more time to double-check that none of the units grey out again. If you don't know how to change the lot zoning from Residential to Apartments, this is how: use Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the cheat box, enter changelotzoning apartmentbase (to class the zone as Apartments), hit enter, save, and that's it!

I highly suggest fixing the lot, as it is very nicely furnished and it would be a shame to lose the lovely work done by Loaf

(Knowing my luck, there's probably an easier or quicker way to fix this )
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 11:51 PM
Amazing design and perfect for my neighborhood of Sims working their way up from the bottom. Thanks for all the effort!