Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

221-B Baker Street, London-Residence of Sherlock Holmes

by rhedbuddha Posted 16th Jan 2009 at 12:33 AM - Updated 16th Sep 2009 at 4:01 AM by rhedbuddha : Update on Home Business in an apartment

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 12:37 AM
WOW... really nice. I was sort of over apartment living, this just renewed my interest in renting once again. Thanks for this great apt building.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 1:00 AM
You can't actually open a home business in an apt, can you?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 1:39 AM
Wow...Featurable' Creation...the presentation is top shelf, and so realistic to say the least ty
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
You can't actually open a home business in an apt, can you?

To be honest, I forgot to test the home business when I playtested the rest of the building. Can you be my tester for this?

"All religions are founded on the fear of the many and the cleverness of the few."
Marie Henri Beyle (1783-1842)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 1:46 PM
Wow, this is SO nice! Makes me want to read Sherlock Holmes again

Too bad my damn dvd drive isn't working, or else I would be playing this lot right now!

May good fortune rule over you,
peace lie in your heart,
and the stars watch over you
Instructor
#7 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 11:22 PM
Nope, you can't open a home business on an apartment lot, but nonetheless, this lot is still fantastic! Exactly how I pictured Baker street.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 11:25 AM
Wonderful thanks a lot !
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd May 2009 at 12:30 PM Last edited by winterluvr12 : 23rd May 2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: in my excitement of finding this lot I had a typo :))
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I am a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes! I've read all the 60 canon stories and gah! I've wanted Holmes and Watson in my game ever since! Again, thank you :D
Forum Resident
#10 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 6:03 AM
Fantastic!

Thank you.
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 10:32 PM
Thank you for creating this! I love Sherlock Holmes and I've been trying to create a Sims with the characters!! Thanks a ton! :D
Mad Poster
#12 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 3:27 AM
I got back into my Holmes books after the movie disappointed me and I totally had to recreate them in the Sims. XD

This is a great apartment, really nicely done. The only problem I've had is that with the Holmes/Watson/Hudson apartment only the ground floor seems to be counted as my apartment and I can't move furniture/paint walls or anything in buy/build mode with the two upper floors. Sims can go there just fine, but does anyone know how to make the game realise that the upstairs belongs to the same apartment?
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th May 2010 at 7:17 AM
I CANNOT BELIEVE I FINALLY FOUND ANOTHER ONE! Jeremy Brett is the most accurate portrayal of Holmes i could imagine, and David Burke was absolutely brilliant. I was a little apprehensive when Edward Hardwicke took over the role of Watson but i have to say he's done a fine job too. I can't believe i finally found another person who adores the series too! You, my friend, are a wonderful human being.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th May 2010 at 4:30 PM
@ Firegrl94- Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm glad you enjoy my creation AND can appreciate Jeremy Brett and David Burke. I find myself unable to watch any other portrayls as I judge them against Brett and Burke.

@Charity- I'm not sure why the game is doing that. I made sure I had the correct doors and access to them before I uploaded it. Unfortunately I no longer have a computer capable to running the game, so I cannot check it for you. If you would like to PM me and discuss exactly what's happening in game please feel free to do so. I appologize for the issue.

"All religions are founded on the fear of the many and the cleverness of the few."
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 7:13 AM
Could this work well as a dorm? Of course if you changed the doors into dorm doors....possibly.

Anyway what a great piece of artwork! Well done.

Ten little soldiers all in a line. A shot rings out, - down to nine.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 7:36 AM
Thanks Elfinirish! I don't know if you can or not. There is a business on the lot so you may have to delete that stuff before you change the lotzoning. Let me know if it works for you! Cheers!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 5:02 AM
OH. MY. GOD. I AM SO DOWNLOADING THIS. Thanks sooo much for this!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsBeach
OH. MY. GOD. I AM SO DOWNLOADING THIS. Thanks sooo much for this!

You're very welcome! :D

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 7:34 AM
OH MAN!!! I just logged on for the first time in what seems like forever and noticed this got a favourite!!! THANKS EVERYONE!!!!! *much love* -Rhed :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 4:13 AM Last edited by NaniNani0732 : 15th Oct 2011 at 4:15 AM. Reason: typos...
Oh. My. GOD. This is the most fantastic thing I have seen all day. I am a huge Sherlock Holmes fan, so much so that I once wrote a history paper on the British Sherlock phenomenon when Conan Doyle originally wrote the stories. By the way Conan Doyle was actually upset over the popularity of the Sherlock stories as they were overshadowing his other writing - which is why the whole Reichenbach Falls incident occured. Conan Doyle had no intention of continuing the stories until the majority of England went into mourning over the death of the amazing Sherlock Holmes.

But I'm rambling now, so I'll stop. My point was (or was supposed to be) that I freaking love Sherlock, you've done an AH-MAZING job recreating 221B Baker Street, this makes you a fantastic human being and I am totally downloading this right this second.

Ya'll have a nice day now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 27th May 2012 at 12:29 PM
Wow!!!!! It's very fantastic.
I love it !!!! Thank you so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 8:08 PM
I love thisII
Test Subject
THANKS POST