Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Twenty Simlish Videogame Posters for your Young Gaming Enthusiasts! (In two flavors)

by Simgaroop Posted 29th Jan 2009 at 12:23 AM - Updated 30th Mar 2010 at 3:22 PM by Simgaroop

83 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 77 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 12:38 AM
These are cute!!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 12:45 AM
Excellent job! The posing and sets and costumes and EVERYTHING are absoultely phenomenal. <3
Not actually evil.
#4 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 1:20 AM
Amazing detail! How long did this take? Why the 2nd set? The first is already so simlish! Maybe the second one is photos from the neighborhood's game themed Halloween party.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 1:43 AM
Thank you so much, you did a great job!
And very good choice for the games
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 2:43 AM
wow, that is creative! And I know all of those, yay! Would love to see Devil May Cry tho *giggles*
I'll download as soon as I get to my own PC. I just have to!
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 3:03 AM
Awesome
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 3:56 AM
aWESOME jOB WHIT EVERY POSTER! Thank you!!!!
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 4:09 AM
This is soooo amazing! I am def going to use these!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 5:05 AM
I love these!!!!!!!! I don't know many of these games, but I see how much work you've put into these. The posters which show how the todlers look when they're older makes me want to play the maxis families for once, lol ...I think that all my sims will have to be gamers now, 'coz these posters will be in EVERY one of my rooms from now on, lol I love both of these sets, but i'm definetly going to use the maxis characters ones, and make a filming studio, and show how "everyone's a star". Wow, thanks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!! Gosh, I'm rambling, lol.

(P.S. I <3 these) :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#11 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 5:08 AM
wonderfully creative
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 8:23 AM
I already said it on GOS but these are gorgeous props to you so much work!

More of my Sims Downloads HERE
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 8:44 AM Last edited by wanako86 : 29th Jan 2009 at 8:56 AM.
this is made of so much win! Your hard work is much appreciated. You have made a fan out of me.

Hey mods, this NEEDS to be featured, seriously.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Amazing detail! How long did this take? Why the 2nd set? The first is already so simlish! Maybe the second one is photos from the neighborhood's game themed Halloween party.

This one took a while, between searching for the CC, doing a few recolors on my own (like Ash and Ness' outfits, some hairs), searching/building the backgrounds, taking the pictures (best part for me) and fiddling with Photoshop to make the simlish logos. Almost three weeks, more or less. But I can't complain, because this was very fun to do

The second set comes from the suggestions some of my friends at Livejournal made while I was developing this idea. Some of us love to play with the Premade Maxis sims, so we thought it'd be funny to see them as the models of these posters. I'm aware some people don't like them, and that's why I also made the "regular" posters .

But those could also work as mementos from a Halloween party at the Megahood!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 4:00 PM
OMG! Kingdom Hearts!!!

My self sims REALLY need these!
I love it!

Thanks!

...Chii?...
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 5:30 PM
Hi! I have choosen the original characters as sims version. I don't know if it was a glitch or something else, but 7zip reported that the mario poster is broken, and it was unable to extract it. It didn't have problems with the others however, and I don't need the Mario version of it, but somebody else might, and I wanted to let you know.

You have put a great work into this and it shows, I like how you solved it, and I couldn't believe my eyes that you've actually made two versions. Extra kudos go for the simlish text!!! Thanks
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 5:49 PM
Ha ha, I love Earthbound and was surprised to see it. Definitely one of my favorite games when I was little.

"I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward."
-Thomas Edison
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 6:27 PM
wow! thanks for this! as a video game addict this collection is a must have!
Mad Poster
#19 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 7:29 PM
These are AMAZING! My husband and I had a lot of fun trying to guess the video games before looking at the titles.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Antira
Hi! I have choosen the original characters as sims version. I don't know if it was a glitch or something else, but 7zip reported that the mario poster is broken, and it was unable to extract it. It didn't have problems with the others however, and I don't need the Mario version of it, but somebody else might, and I wanted to let you know.

You have put a great work into this and it shows, I like how you solved it, and I couldn't believe my eyes that you've actually made two versions. Extra kudos go for the simlish text!!! Thanks

I've re-downloaded the rar and all the posters were extracted correctly. You probably had a glitch when you were downloading the set (that's happened to me in the past with other sets I've gotten here) and I suppose that all you need to do is to re-download the set to get all the files.

Nonetheless, if anyone else is having issues with that set, or they are unable to extract the Mario poster, please let me now so I can upload that file separately.

Thank you so much for letting me know!
Instructor
#21 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 11:46 PM
Hey, very cool! Love it.
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 12:22 AM
Wow I love this. Any plans on doing other games like Wild Arms, Suikoden, Devil May Cry, etc?
Test Subject
#23 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 5:26 AM
These are very creative :D
Inventor
#24 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 5:16 PM
OMG these are awesome. I totally love the Zelda and Harvest Moon ones!!

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Test Subject
#25 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 3:35 AM
Hey, I didn't thank you in the LJ post (internet go boom!) but these are AMAZING! I ended up mixing and matching the sets. I love, Love, LOVE that you've made so many posters with sims in them!
Page 1 of 4