Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Holy Bible Study Book Default Replacement

by joninmobile Posted 2nd Feb 2009 at 9:29 PM - Updated 17th Aug 2009 at 10:03 AM by joninmobile

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 9:33 PM Last edited by lizzylovebird : 2nd Feb 2009 at 9:52 PM.
This is for any of you who don't have a Bible lying around! Thanks to www.biblegateway.com

Cooking:
Exodus 29: Consecration of the Priests
1 "This is what you are to do to consecrate them, so they may serve me as priests: Take a young bull and two rams without defect. 2 And from fine wheat flour, without yeast, make bread, and cakes mixed with oil, and wafers spread with oil. 3 Put them in a basket and present them in it—along with the bull and the two rams.

Acts 10: Peter's Vision
9About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. 13Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."
14"Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean."
15The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean."

Mechanical
Exodus 26: The Tabernacle
1 "Make the tabernacle with ten curtains of finely twisted linen and blue, purple and scarlet yarn, with cherubim worked into them by a skilled craftsman. 2 All the curtains are to be the same size—twenty-eight cubits long and four cubits wide. [a] 3 Join five of the curtains together, and do the same with the other five.

2 Chronicles 3:2-4
He began building on the second day of the second month in the fourth year of his reign.
The foundation Solomon laid for building the temple of God was sixty cubits long and twenty cubits wide (using the cubit of the old standard). 4 The portico at the front of the temple was twenty cubits long across the width of the building and twenty cubits high. He overlaid the inside with pure gold.

Cleaning
Ephesians 5:26
26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

Proverbs 6:6-11
6 Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
7 It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
8 yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.
9 How long will you lie there, you sluggard?
When will you get up from your sleep?
10 A little sleep, a little slumber,
a little folding of the hands to rest-
11 and poverty will come on you like a bandit
and scarcity like an armed man.

Parenting
Proverbs 22:6
6 Train a child in the way he should go,
and when he is old he will not turn from it.

Fire Safety
I Kings 18: 22-39
This one's long. Here's a link!

Anger Management
Ephesians 4:31
31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.

Lifelong Happiness
Psalm 63:5
5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

Psalm 126:5
5 Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.

Proverbs 15:23
23 A man finds joy in giving an apt reply—and how good is a timely word!

Isaiah 29:19
19 Once more the humble will rejoice in the LORD; the needy will rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.

John 15:11
11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

Galatians 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Physiology
Genesis 2:20-22
20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field. But for Adam no suitable helper was found. 21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

Couples Counseling
Another long one. Link!

College Research
2 Timothy 2:15
15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 9:41 PM
Ooooh, very cool! Thanks!
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 10:46 PM
heY, this is pretty COOL. I like it!
I wish I could have 2 defaults (this one and the original one) in my game.
Thank you!
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 12:04 AM
I LOVE this!
thank you!
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 2:19 AM
this is great, thank you
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 3:20 AM
This is really awesome I love that you included the scripture references as well. Thanks for such a well thought-out upload!

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” George Bernard Shaw

My creations
Field Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 3:49 AM
This is fantastic! Thanks so much!!

Want to see all my Sims 2 creations, including my Star Trek items? Follow the link below to check out my Blog!

Puppetfish.Blogspot.com

Looking for Franny Sims Meshes? They can be found HERE!
Banned
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 5:58 AM
lizzylovebird, I orginally included all of the scripture refrences and scriptures in my post, but the moderators wanted me to trim it up some.They said the text was too long in the post.Thanks so much for including it for me(I don't think they would have a problem with someone else including it in their comments).
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 7:24 AM
I'm a firm agnostic and am wildly amused by this.

I like the texture you put on the book, but rather wish you'd used Simlish fonts for the text, just for the game feel. The reasoning for each field of study is great fun and excellent research. Ta to Lizzylovebird, as I'd never have bothered looking it up, which would have been a shame what with the obvious care you put into it. The proverbs quote for the cleaning studies, hah, I'd utterly fail on that one on laziness alone.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 1:03 AM
This is really well thought out. I don't believe in religion myself, but this is a great idea. Great job.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 2:58 AM
This is such a welcoming treat, thank you for this!!

Your Words, Dreams, and Thoughts have the Power to create conditions in your Life...What you Speak, Dream, and Think about, You can bring about.-unknown
Theorist
#13 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 5:06 AM
Thanks for this Good work!
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 2:06 PM
Totally, totally cool, because the Bible truly does have the answer to anything. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 12:28 AM
ha ha good work, my sims needed this scriptures.
Test Subject
#16 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 7:25 PM
This is fantastic! Thanks for the time and care you put into this. :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#17 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 9:02 PM
this is good I've always wanted christian sims, but can u make one that doesnt overwrite my sims' books
Banned
Original Poster
#18 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 2:20 AM
they couldn't read it if I did that.
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 11:39 PM
I wanted to download this file; however, there's something wrong with the link or the file isn't there anymore. Also, I was wondering if someone could create a mod that would enable a selection of "pray" replacing or in addition to "meditate" with the appropriate body actions (instead of the 'ohm' crossed legs, etc., it would be kneeling with hands clasped, hands up-raised with eyes closed, etc.
Test Subject
#20 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 4:47 PM
This is cool and all, and I downloaded it awhile back, but then I had AL installed, with all those new options, and now whenever my Sims try to read anything, there's just some kind of error and they just reset. I couldn't figure out what it was until I remembered this and so I figured it must be conflicting with the Apartment Life books somehow.
Banned
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 9:01 PM
that's odd I always had Apartment Life, and it was made with Apartment Life, it always worked fine for me.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 6:27 AM
Interesting- thanks! I am a Christian, so this is a very awesome mod.
Test Subject
#23 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 12:02 AM
How about an "On The Origin Of Species" mod?
Granted, it doesn't have much relevance to any of the skills, but it would still be cool.
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 5:35 PM
Nice mod.
Normally I have no problems torturing my sims but forcing religion on them...
Oh no, that's too cruel even for me!
Haha
Test Subject
#25 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 2:25 AM
Hey, thanks for this...You know, its really nice that SOME people appreciate Christ, and respect him...I am a Christian, and I am so glad that this is here....♥♥♥

QUOTE:: "It doesn't matter if the weight of the world is pulling you down, with Christ you have everything," -Nick Jonas
Page 1 of 2