Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

10 Mayhurst Way

by abbottj6 Posted 1st Feb 2009 at 9:46 PM - Updated 21st Mar 2009 at 12:24 AM by abbottj6

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 12:47 AM
Nice One!

Gimp? Photoshop? What the... What does that mean,, You know your a newbie when,,,
Theorist
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 3:15 AM
I love it. Its so cute and fashionable. My Sims will love it. Thank you. You are very talented. Any helpful roofing tips that you can spare? (I suck at roofing). Once again, awesome job!!

~~~The Official Nintendork Island~~~
"I cannot love you like this anymore..... Alejandro"
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 3:27 AM
Looks pretty nice--> One thing I noticed though

- The landscaping feels kind of awkward. Try to put a tree or large bush at a corner of the house to soften the edges, or try to put a verity of bushes ( and sizes). In terms of the back yard, I feel as if the one line of flowers is kinda weird... I kinda like that concept, but If I were to use this house, I would change some of them to different types.

Other then that, it looks great. I love the concept of the 'lounge' area. Its like an extra family room.

4/5 stars--> nice job!!! =)

mrmoo

Currently not able to take requests at this time... sorry!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 6:38 AM
Very nice, just one question: aren't the multi-story windows from University EP? Which I have, so no worries, I was just wondering.

I have gone out to find myself. If you see me before I get back, please let me know where I'll be.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 6:50 AM Last edited by abbottj6 : 2nd Feb 2009 at 6:58 AM.
Thank you for all your great comments. About the roofing GuardStud08, It is actually very simple. You should look for main shapes to cover, like squares and rectangles. After that there will be a few poking out edges. Choose what roof style you want and drag it over the edge and the main plain shape roof. Make sure you drag it fully over or enough for it to look connected to the main roof. Sometime when you're using the pointy and very triangular style roof you can actually see the top of it from the back of the house because it is so tall. Just like you can see one of the roofs from the picture of the back of the house. I only just started playing sims 2 five months ago so I'm not exactly an expert. But if you keep creating lots and houses you will get a lot better. I hope those tips helped and good luck at roofing. Hope you enjoy this lot you guys. Mr.moo, thanx for the tip and advice
Thanx
abbottj6
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 6:56 AM Last edited by abbottj6 : 28th Feb 2009 at 9:03 AM.
To sirbartonslady, well I only have the base game so I don't see how that could be possible. Though I did make this house on a mac so I don't know if they have different items on the mac game. If you only have the base game for PC here's a question you can answer. Do you have multi-story windows?

Thanx
abbottj6
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 7:05 PM
What a lovely looking house! Perfect for my Sims
If only it were real, i'd live in it!
Love the back seating areac under the roof.
Many thanks
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 5:41 AM
Oh it's so nice! Thanks for building it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 6:01 AM
Thanx Lashlatia and miss kitty for your wonderful comments. The house is actually real. I saw it in a magazine called Look Home. It's just a bit different.

Thanx again,
abbottj6
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 2:58 AM
I must say, I LOVE LOVE this house! It is very modern, and it looks alot like houses in real life, that I'm in love with. The only thing that I would change would be that fact that it's fancy, and it only has one bathroom. It is very big, but once again.. one bathroom. This is a change that can be made very easily, and it would help "sell" this house faster, and easier. Other than that, you've done a WONDERFUL job. This house is beautiful. I might now download it, but I will most likely be making one ALOT like it! Happy Simming! Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 5:30 AM
Thanks jenmoody

abbottj6

Hi I am abbottj6!

I normally upload lots and houses because I have a mac. My next challenge might be people or clothes but right now I like making lots.

I only have the Base Game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 7:46 PM
thx for this house i rarely download houses, and this will be house for my sims its realy cool...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 3:28 PM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 5:12 AM
THANKS