Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sheffield Manor No CC/True Side Garage, Works on Any Lot!

by Simsane Posted 7th Feb 2009 at 6:32 PM - Updated 15th Mar 2009 at 8:46 AM by Simsane : some clarification

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Meet Me In My Next Life
#2 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 11:29 PM
A "Great "Manor" I really like your Landscape. Some rich snobbish sims right now is counting their simoleons so they can move into this Sheffield manor. Thanks for sharing

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 12:24 AM
Simonut, I think my rich sims are going to prefer your latest house to this one, lol! You're still #1 in my book, but thanks for the kind words.
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 3:33 AM
Thank you and thank you SO MUCH for making an unfurnished version! I like to do my own decorating but I suck at building the actual houses.
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 3:39 AM
hi there! i love it.. it's great.. but, there's something that bothers me which defers my download.. um, it's about the garage.. does it really work that way? please help.. i got no idea yet.. thanks much!
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 4:36 AM
How'd you get the garage on the side? Is there a tutorial available? Thanks!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 4:50 AM
Love it! Thanks so much!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 5:16 AM Last edited by Simsane : 8th Feb 2009 at 6:40 AM.
jzayker and amylee1178, yes, it does work and yes there are tutorials to teach you how to make one yourself. I'll send you a pm with a link to a tutorial if you would like amy, or you can find them on this site under the Create Section/Building Tutorials/Garages.

The only thing about sideways garages, jzayker, is that the sims get in the car and then the car disappears. The next thing you know, you are with them at whatever community lot you sent them to, seeing them get out of the car. Just like normal. Then, when you tell them to go home from the community lot you are with them as they are leaving, then suddenly you are with them in the garage.

So you don't see the car backing out onto the road. That is the only difference. Everything else works exactly like a normal driveway, just the part right when they are leaving or pulling up. I just like how a side garage looks because where I live, they are putting those in a lot of the newer, most costly homes. It makes the home just look more modern and, to me at least, like it's a better home. Oh, and jzayker, the family I made was two parents, two teens and one child. Both parents and teens were able to use the car to go where they wanted, whether that was to school or to a community lot, and then able to return home without problems as well.

Bella and tsoureki, thank you both for taking the time to thank me in person and letting me know that you like it! It's really great to hear how people feel about it! Oh, and Bella, I know, I love to decorate them too -- that's what made me think that maybe I should offer an unfurnished version so people like me who enjoy doing that wouldn't have to first wipe out everything before they can make it the way the want it! Hope you all enjoy it as much as I have.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 8:07 AM
Awesome and amazing lot ! Thanks for sharing
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 8:38 AM
Thank you Guardgian, so nice of you to comment -- I remember you from my dorm too, don't I? I hope you enjoy it in your game too.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 2:59 AM
i really like this! i love the front garden

great job!

May good fortune rule over you,
peace lie in your heart,
and the stars watch over you
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsane
jzayker and amylee1178, yes, it does work and yes there are tutorials to teach you how to make one yourself. I'll send you a pm with a link to a tutorial if you would like amy, or you can find them on this site under the Create Section/Building Tutorials/Garages.

The only thing about sideways garages, jzayker, is that the sims get in the car and then the car disappears. The next thing you know, you are with them at whatever community lot you sent them to, seeing them get out of the car. Just like normal. Then, when you tell them to go home from the community lot you are with them as they are leaving, then suddenly you are with them in the garage.

So you don't see the car backing out onto the road. That is the only difference. Everything else works exactly like a normal driveway, just the part right when they are leaving or pulling up. I just like how a side garage looks because where I live, they are putting those in a lot of the newer, most costly homes. It makes the home just look more modern and, to me at least, like it's a better home. Oh, and jzayker, the family I made was two parents, two teens and one child. Both parents and teens were able to use the car to go where they wanted, whether that was to school or to a community lot, and then able to return home without problems as well.

oh.. thanks so much! it doesn't matter if the car disappears, what counts is that it works fine.. but, it would be much better if someone can make it work -- the car really passes the sideways.. hehe.. anyways, thanks so much simsane! your work is really great.. a sincere gratitude for you! ">
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 4:56 AM
cheers!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 7:19 AM
Thank you EvilPlumbob and jzayker! I understood your hint, jzayker, but that would definitely be beyond my capabilities! I'm glad you guys like it and I hope you have as much fun playing this house as I have been.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
A "Great "Manor" I really like your Landscape. Some rich snobbish sims right now is counting their simoleons so they can move into this Sheffield manor. Thanks for sharing

Lol isn't it wonderful our Sims don't have to worry about the subprime mortgage crisis?

Simsane I am so excited by this house. I think it will be the perfect 'retirement' home for one of my most beloved Sims, her new lover Malcolm Landgraab IV and her legions of children and grand children. Thank you so much.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 3:09 PM
Prudensch, I hope she has many more happy and "exciting" years in her new home! And I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed making it (yea, and playing it, too)!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsane
Thank you Guardgian, so nice of you to comment -- I remember you from my dorm too, don't I? I hope you enjoy it in your game too.

Sure, that was me... I love your work and really enjoy to have your stuffs in my game
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 10:50 PM
Wow! I got a Picked Upload! Thank you to everyone who downloaded this lot and hit the thanks button and just thank you to the site in general!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Guardgian
Sure, that was me... I love your work and really enjoy to have your stuffs in my game

Well Guardgian it's mutual admiration then because I really like your work too! I can't use all of it cause I don't have any game newer than Seasons, but even the ones I can't actually use are really nice.
Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 1:35 PM
Simsane, that is like the best house ive seen in a while, you rock. thanks for sharing your work.... no your art, it's really beautiful. i'll download it when ive got some time, my internet is really slow. And it's cool how you actually respond to all of the people who give thanks.
So uh Thanks,
That Other Guy.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 4:34 PM
Thank you, That Other Guy, for taking the time to write a comment and saying that you like the house! Also, that's really very flattering that you call it art -- I know it has become one of my favorite houses, but in all honesty, I really didn't expect people to like it nearly as much as I do. Anyway, enjoy it and thank you again for your kind words.
Test Subject
#22 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 10:16 PM
this is a beautiful house, but i dont like how you have to walk through other rooms to get to certain rooms. it needs a little work, but i still love it good job!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 7:58 PM
Hi kateisgreat! Thanks for your praise, that was nice of you! I know there are some things about this house that sort of "bug" me too. Now that it's in your game though, maybe you could "renovate" it into something that works better. If you do, I would love to be able to see pictures of what you did with it if you want to share them. You could always send me a p.m. with a link to the pics on photobucket or some other photo sharing site if you wanted. Anyway, I hope you can enjoy it once you get it fixed the way you like it!
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 6:29 AM
This house is just gorgeous!!! My sim is becoming a mayor soon and I am planning to look for a house with 2 carlot and lots of spaces and entertaintment for guests while allowing privacy for family members only.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 4:54 PM
Hi suebee922! I hope your Mayor likes it and gets many years of enjoyment from it.
Page 1 of 2