Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Colorama II: Casual tops and bottoms for AF

by lenasha Posted 25th Feb 2009 at 9:11 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 12:49 PM by lenasha

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 9:14 PM
Ooooh.... purple with yellow! It's like you knew!

*Cat gets mesmerized by all the colors*

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 9:20 PM
Oooh. This is SO cool. I've known this kind of thing was possible for a while, but I've never seen it done so well. Your textures are beautiful. Such nice attention to detail. And I simply love the style. Thank you! I gotta say, you've quickly become one of my favourite creators here.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 9:27 PM
This is an amazing set. Sooo many colors. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 11:53 PM Last edited by wandersfar : 26th Feb 2009 at 12:09 AM.
Wow, I had no idea this was even possible!

I love CC like this; anything that can build upon what I already have in my Downloads folder and give me even more options/variety is very much appreciated, thank you.

Do you have any plans on doing this for other bottoms as well? (Cute cardigans with skirts or bermuda shorts or long pants or what have you?)

By the way, the cardigan/pants look super cute with any kind of babydoll tops. Like these, for example:

Cropped cardigans = love!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#6 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 12:37 AM
This is amazing and really opens up some new possibilities. Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 1:17 AM
this is an awesome idea! I never knew!

find my sims2 creations here
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 1:17 AM
Oh my goood! These are perfect! Thank you sooo much! (My download folder hates you, but) I love you!
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 3:30 AM
these are really cute, but I'm not so crazy about the cropped pants. Any chance you might make more with longer pants cause the sweater idea is genius!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 8:28 AM
Genius. Great job.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 10:21 AM
Thank you all! I'm so glad you like it! And please sorry for my english!

Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
Oooh. This is SO cool. I've known this kind of thing was possible for a while, but I've never seen it done so well. Your textures are beautiful. Such nice attention to detail. And I simply love the style. Thank you! I gotta say, you've quickly become one of my favourite creators here.

Thank you! You are one of my favorite MTS2 creators and I really love your textures, so your words are the best compliment for me! I started playing Sims 2 in 2008 and I’d never played Sims. So I’m just newbie and it often happen that I made something and feel like I’m the first man on Moon but then I find someone who made it before of course.

Quote: Originally posted by wandersfar
...Do you have any plans on doing this for other bottoms as well? (Cute cardigans with skirts or bermuda shorts or long pants or what have you?)

By the way, the cardigan/pants look super cute with any kind of babydoll tops.

Thank you! I have few babydoll tops in my downloads folder too, so I’ve seen how it looks with cardigan. I think it’s interesting but isn’t perfect. But I’m glad you like it! I’m going to make variant with OFB long skirt (but with another cardigan). And I’ve thought about shorts but I’m not sure…

Quote: Originally posted by Sarafina
these are really cute, but I'm not so crazy about the cropped pants. Any chance you might make more with longer pants cause the sweater idea is genius!

Thank you! I’m not sure really I’ll make it with longer pants but I plan to make another sweater with long skirt
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 2:42 PM
These are great! Just what I have been wanting. My sims are just casual dressers.
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 5:00 PM
These look great, I can't wait to try them out in the game!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 12:00 AM
These are neat, thanks
Forum Resident
#15 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 6:46 PM
thank you so much for this awesome set!! i am sure it took a long time to do all these colours
Space Pony
#16 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 10:18 PM
I downloaded the tops and the untuckable mesh (since I don't have Nightlife), and while they do show up, they come out kinda weird, like a shirt-on-shirt instead of a shirt and sweater. Did I misunderstand the directions? Do I need Nightlife for the tops to show up properly instead of weirdly (I thought I only needed it for the bottoms)?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 11:55 PM Last edited by lenasha : 1st Mar 2009 at 12:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tymaporer
I downloaded the tops and the untuckable mesh (since I don't have Nightlife), and while they do show up, they come out kinda weird, like a shirt-on-shirt instead of a shirt and sweater. Did I misunderstand the directions? Do I need Nightlife for the tops to show up properly instead of weirdly (I thought I only needed it for the bottoms)?

I really can't understand how could it be. I can't check it because NL installed. But it's the first time I get such feedback while I made recolours of this mesh before. And I never heard that something wrong with this mesh. Are you sure you downloaded right files? Mesh files name:
MESH_AF_T_UntuckableTop.rar
and recolours names: Dark_sweaters_&_tees or Pastel_sweaters_&_tees
You need both the mesh and recolors to see it correctly in your game.

If someone have the same problem, please feedback me!
Space Pony
#18 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 7:49 AM
I downloaded all the files on this page just to be sure (and because I plan to install Nightlife soon). I also downloaded all the files on the page linked to in the "meshes you will need" section. :/ Well, it does look nice this way too, so I can deal.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 10:28 AM Last edited by lenasha : 1st Mar 2009 at 10:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tymaporer
I downloaded all the files on this page just to be sure (and because I plan to install Nightlife soon). I also downloaded all the files on the page linked to in the "meshes you will need" section. :/ Well, it does look nice this way too, so I can deal.

I thought why could it happen... Maybe that because files with tops placed in subfolders. I read that in base game all files was plased in Downloads folder. So please try replace files from subfolders in root of your Downloads folder. You could try with few or one file first.

And I think "shirt-on-shirt" you see are HP layeres tees wich you downloaded from thread with mesh
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 1:02 AM
These are awesome, thank you! More real clothes!!
Theorist
#21 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 12:50 AM
These are very well done. You've done a wonderful job with an annoying mesh.

Why, though, Maxix/EA makes the pants mesh about 3 inches too short is beyond me...too short to be normal pants, too long to be 'capris'...they just look like 'flood pants..."

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 28th Dec 2011 at 5:03 PM
Lovely colors and textures!.