Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

3 Eclectic Townhomes for Rent

by viatoscana Posted 8th Apr 2009 at 5:28 AM - Updated 11th Apr 2009 at 1:32 PM by viatoscana : Had to rectify a bug involving the improper use of a community trashcan

9 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 9:50 AM
WOW ! Thanks for sharing ! I love the idea to have 3 different styles of houses, it is so realistic !
Scholar
#3 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 2:06 PM
The garage doors are decorative, but do the driveways actually work? Can you purchase a car and put it there?

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 5:59 AM
Default garage doors
Quote: Originally posted by mac
The garage doors are decorative, but do the driveways actually work? Can you purchase a car and put it there?

Well no unfortunately, because the apartment lot is zoned as ApartmentBase -- driveways cannot be placed in -- it's this whole apartment system that disallows you from putting any of your sims' possessions outside of the apartment they're renting.

The "driveways" I placed are just made of concrete. Although, when I was building this project from a residential lot base and PRIOR to rezoning it to ApartmentBase with the changeLotZoning cheat, I placed a driveway and driveway extension in order to be able to place the garage doors in.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 6:02 AM
Default thanks!
Quote: Originally posted by Guardgian
WOW ! Thanks for sharing ! I love the idea to have 3 different styles of houses, it is so realistic !

Many thanks! Although I am admittedly very new to this... I sit on the shoulders of giants here in MTS2. I am merely inspired by favorite creators

Enjoy!
Scholar
#6 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 11:48 PM
Some of the Maxis supplied apartments (Parkview and Seaspray) do allow you to buy a car and put it in the garage.

This is useful and important - Fortune Sims can get quite a few aspiration points for buying a car (the more expensive the better) and Tinkering Sims need a place to restore the heap.

Nonetheless, these are really beautiful, and having variety is great!

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mac
Some of the Maxis supplied apartments (Parkview and Seaspray) do allow you to buy a car and put it in the garage.

This is useful and important - Fortune Sims can get quite a few aspiration points for buying a car (the more expensive the better) and Tinkering Sims need a place to restore the heap.

Nonetheless, these are really beautiful, and having variety is great!

Good to know! (You can tell I haven't played those lots -- tee hee. Really embarassed now) Well, since the width of the garage walls and distance from the street were made to spec, its possible to lay in the driveway and extension for any user with NL or the MaxoidMonkey garage set hack.

Thanks a bunch! Happy simming
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 1:57 AM
thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 8:01 PM
thanks
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 8:13 PM