Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pregnancy controller fix

by dickhurt Posted 14th Apr 2009 at 11:22 PM - Updated 20th Apr 2009 at 9:54 PM by dickhurt : added InTeen compatible version

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 12:11 AM
Awesome!

Thank you.
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 12:19 AM
what exactly does a pc do????????????
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 1:19 AM
I'm sorry if my comment seems ignorant, but what does the pregnancy controller do?
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 8:49 AM
Do you really need it? What is the advantage of having this hack?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 9:14 AM
If this is the same version that was uploaded at Insim, it would be helpful to point out to users that it is incompatible with Inteen, and offering the Inteen-only version like you did there.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 11:52 AM
In that case I think it's better not to download it (for me anyway).
Thanks for telling this.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
Have you ever checked out simbology link??? That contains the CORRECT information!
I think you should remove the insinuation that there's something wrong with any of TwoJeffs' mods.

No offense to you even though you are quite rude just because someone else released a working version of your Hero's mod. But his hack was not working properly. And here is why:
#1 = it does not get rid of all the extra controllers already on your lot. it only prevents "some" extra unneeded ones from being created
#2 = the new ones that it does allow never get removed from the lot (even after the pets die, are given/sold to other Sims, given up for adoption, or if the pets move out of the house). those controllers still remain forever even after 10 generations have gone by
You can can verify this by forcing an error on the lot to get a error log where you see tons of controllers still remaining when you use twojeffs hack.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 3:23 PM
For anyone else that was confused about what this does or if you need it:
It is only useful if you have the Pets Expansion installed. Without this fix, the game will overload your families' lots with these things called Pregnancy Controllers. These extra things only get created when a Pet gives birth. For human Sims, these controllers are removed after the baby is born, but for Pets they never get removed (even though they are no longer needed and will never even be accessed again). Those Pet ones just stay on the lot forever and run "idle" commands until the end of time. This slows down your game a bit if you have many of those controllers running on the lot.

The fix will not hurt anything in your game. So even if you did not notice any problems with Pregnancy Controllers, game slowdown, or you still don't get what this hack does, you can still add it to your game "just to be safe" and forget it is even there. The hack is smart and will not slow down your game. It will only begin to run when a Pregnancy Controller is created, at which time it will make sure that the controller gets removed when it is no longer needed.
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 3:38 PM
i dont get what this dose
Scholar
#11 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 4:52 PM
I *HAVE* verified that TJ's mod is working, dickhurt! And so have several others! But whatever the case may be. I don't see why you didn't grant TJ the option of improving his work in stead by just telling him what's wrong!

Regardless of your intensions, this action of yours looks to many of us like you're trying to gain some fame and favor over another man's back!
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 5:14 PM
Thank you so much, for helping me solve a problem I didn't even know I had. If it wasn't for this, I may have never known I had a billion pcs lying around!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 6:27 PM
Thank you dickhurt for this mod. IMO, it never "hurts" to remove un-needed "stuff" from my lots & saved game files. Despite the rude comments of some others, your mod is useful.

To BoilingOil: You seem to be true to your name & have a boiling temper where defending 2J's work is concerned. I personally have nothing against 2J...in fact, I have many of his mods in my game & think his work is great. I read dickhurts statement in his opening post & it's not overly rude and making a different version of a similar mod has been done by many others before and there's nothing wrong with that either. There's no need to take this so personally, so don't.

Thanks again dickhurt!

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 10:19 AM
Okay, settle down kids. BurningOil, if you don't like this mod no one is forcing you to download it or even look at it for that matter, and the creator clearly doesn't care for your opinion either so maybe you should ease up a bit - after all, dickhurt has put time and effort into making this mod and you have no place to be so accusing. If TJ has an issue with it, then he can take it up with dickhurt. You don't need to do it for him. And finally, there are multiple/similar mods for practically everything about the game so why should this case be any different? Think about it.

Right then. Moving on.

Thankyou for making this dickhurt. I didn't even know these PC's existed, so it does explain why one of my lots that breeds pets was running slower. I installed your mod and it went back to its normal running speed. Clean-up mods are always appreciated!

x a m y x
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 2:04 PM
I have the Inteen and Insim. Which version should I download then?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 3:42 PM
Thanks Mimi52861 & star_gusser for the nice words. I am also glad that you like my mods. I don't know if my hack works with Insim since I never tested that. So, I say to try the Inteen version of my hack, lientebollemeis. If Inteen and Insim already work well together, then I don't believe you should have a problem using the Inteen version of my hack.
Test Subject
#17 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 6:07 AM
Just a quick question for dickhurt, if I play a lot for eleven minutes minimum (the time you say is minimum for the mod to test the PC for whether it is still needed or not and delete it) would playing one lot with pets for enough time allow the mod to delete all the unused PC's--not just on the current lot (in play) but all lots, hoods, etc.?
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 11:27 AM
Though I'm not entirely sure what this does, since I have Pets, I might as well get it, right? I mean, it can't hurt if it doesn't make my game run like a snail. X3

I did NOT make the horse mesh! Only recolors. I do not control the mesh! Please do not message me to do something to it, whether it be a new pose, or updating it to Sims 3. I can NOT do this. D=
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 5:01 PM
Hey Pdaddy57P, it only gets rid of the unused PCs on the current lot (not throughout the whole hood). And it takes 5 to 11 minutes of "Sim Time", which is actually 5 to 11 seconds of real time in your life. So 1 Sim Minute = 1 Real Second
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 5:13 AM
Thanks for the clarification, dickhurt. I wasn't sure about that. I will play my lots with pets to get rid of these. Thanks again for your reply
Test Subject
#21 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 10:02 PM
What the heck is PC? Isn't a PC what you use to play the game? Seriously, clarify more will ya!
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 11:02 AM
I think that's the Pregnancy Controller. So the hack in this case.

Field Researcher
#23 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 12:30 PM
"A Pregnancy Controller will be referred to by the abbreviation PC below."

It always helps to READ the beginning post for information before asking questions.

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Test Subject
#24 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 7:12 PM
What? I don't get any of it! :S

Shop Advertisement Pictures Uploaded Soon I Hope! :)
Test Subject
#25 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 12:45 AM
Thank you dickhurt...I never even knew this was happening. This will be great for my daughters game also..she has a billion pets and they all have babies like crazy.

~Vanilla~
Page 1 of 2