Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: 6 New Countertops

by Staysee_00 Posted 18th Dec 2004 at 12:08 AM - Updated 12th Oct 2008 at 6:56 AM by -Maylin-

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 12:11 AM
Those look great. Thanks!
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 12:27 AM
Wow excelent work. I especially like the screenshot, the tones, the names. Very professional looking and probably quite a bit of work. looks like it's from a kitchen furniture catalog or something. (can't really say a B&Q catalog as most of you simmers who arren't from dear old blighty won't know what I'm on about. Ho hum.)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 12:37 AM
Staysee_00

Hi there - You might have missed the tutorial about unique names for your objects. I noticed that other then changing the color and adding the hash you are not using something more unique like the creator name, as the tutorial instructs. This is importamt because as more and more objects get made you risk a conflict. The hash is generated from the name you give and so if you just use the name Maxis gave it and only change teh color and someone else does that too the hash generated will be the same and your objects will cause a conflict.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 12:41 AM
I add "pb05" too all of my objects. should I use something more complex??
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 12:52 AM
The tutorial say:

Please, use the name of the artist or nickname + description (like: pinhead-newtexturefridge.package) when you create a package so that the name for the hash generated in the process is unique and don't conflict with other user's objects

For description he mean a description that is realted to teh work you did like he gave as an example. Also using your username, it makes it clear that you made the object and you won't find other people posting it as theirs at other sites. Just changing the Maxis name to reflect a different color maynor be unique enough at least in months to come. "PB" might be pretty unigue now but I am sure there are other creators our there with the same initials. I put my site initials and a new name for the object so its long enough to be unique, most oithers seem to be following somewhat of the same standard.

Maybe RGiles or Pinhead could comment on what length is 'unique enough'
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 1:44 AM
Really nice thanks
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 2:08 AM
Nice countertops, thanks a bunch...But you should really consider what rentechd has said. Its not only important to put more effort into the name but also very smart because people will have a way to tell what the object is and who it was made by just by looking at the file name. - very helpfull indeed!
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 3:28 AM
Great job with the countertops.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 4:17 AM
GORGEOUS!.. I'm drooling over these counters.. love earthtones...finally something that looks good ingame! Thank you.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 6:15 AM
Beautiful colors. I went with doing mostly pastels in my recolored counters. These are gorgeous! Thanks

BTW as far as naming, I'de just add Staysee in front of the name
Field Researcher
#12 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 6:21 AM
These are beautiful. As for dealing with conflicts before they happen, I'm gonna take Stormy's suggestion and add staysee_ to the beginning of all the packages that I add to my downloads folder from this thread. Hopefully that will work.

:santa:
#13 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 5:40 PM
Thanks SO much! These are a MUST HAVE! I love them.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 6:45 PM
Superb post
Test Subject
#15 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 6:52 PM
:3dcool: looks good
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 7:04 PM
very nice..ty..good work with the countertops!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 7:11 PM
These are fabulous! Thank you so much!
#18 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 7:48 PM
Thanks, these are great.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 20th Dec 2004 at 1:49 PM
How absolutely wonderful, thank you so much, I really love earth tones.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 24th Dec 2004 at 5:51 AM
Very Nice colors... Thank you!
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 10:40 PM
great job, was gettin bored with the same old same old, thank you bunches
Field Researcher
#22 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 7:57 AM
really really nice colors, I love them, thank you.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 9:39 PM
These are my most used counters in the game now. Thank you so much!!!
Test Subject
#24 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 10:33 PM
Hey Staysee - these countertops are fantastic..

Unfortunately there seems to be a link problem with the beach one though. I have tried to download it a couple of times and just keep getting the corrupt file message.
Test Subject
#25 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 9:51 PM
I love wood. Thanks.
Page 1 of 2