Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Elegant Blouse for Granny: ALPHA MESH + 42 Recolors (UPDATED 8/6/2010)

by CatOfEvilGenius Posted 22nd Apr 2009 at 9:06 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2011 at 1:06 AM by CatOfEvilGenius

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Banned
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 9:24 PM
Perfect, very fitting for my elders. Thanks so much for this.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 9:38 PM
I love them all, and so will my elderly Sim ladies! Thank you!! :D
Forum Resident
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 9:40 PM
Thank you so much for these Cat! I've been eye-balling these in your Journal waiting for them to be released! I love them! Thank you!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 11:12 PM
This may just make me break my resolution to stop playing the Sims. Thanks for this lovely contribution to the game.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 11:52 PM
Thanks for this, always good to get more elder separates! I don't suppose there's any chance you'll be making a solid long-sleeved version without the bow?
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 12:14 AM
pepperminttea You can make them yourself easily. Just download the uv map and recoloring images. Or use SimPE to export the images used by the existing recolors, and cut and paste some sleeves. (BodyShop will blur the images when exporting.) After 42 recolors, I'm rather tired of this particular mesh.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 12:22 AM
Beautiful job, Cat. I love your creations!

Life isn't about the breaths we take, it's about the moments that take our breaths away...
Inventor
#9 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 12:40 AM
It turned out even more beautifull if possible with all that lovely recolors. Great work as usual CatOfEvilGenius!!
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 1:56 AM
These are so adorable! I usually don't play with elders in my game but now I want to make one just so I can put these tops on them, awesome job! I personally like the bow ((Though I might make a version without it too...)) I do have a question though, would you mind at all if I were to convert these for adults? I think they would look awesome of female adults...I'm just curious on the matter...
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 2:24 AM
YoyoIlluser Feel free to convert them, I'd be happy if you found the mesh useful for that purpose. (see policy in thread)

Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
YoyoIlluser Feel free to convert them, I'd be happy if you found the mesh useful for that purpose. (see policy in thread)

I did read your policy, but I thought I should still ask...Thank you again for the permission!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 4:46 AM
Great work, as usual! :D

Live. Laugh. Love. Sim.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 7:03 AM
Aww some more of your stunning and so elegant clothes for our grannies ! I made a shop in my 'hood called Grannies Fashion and they sell in there all your gorgeous creations. Thank you so much for creating those for us
Field Researcher
#15 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 11:02 AM
This is cute! And alpha-editable stuff is great! So we need only 1 mesh and have many options. Thank you!

oepusims.tumblr.com. I don't take request. I have 2 children and few freetime. Use my creations as you wish. You don't have to ask.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 3:27 PM
my god, you are a genius!! These are great! Every top in every style looks so nice and beautiful and the colours are lovely. Thanks very very much!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 5:13 PM
Wow! You've really "dolled up" this dumpy mesh. I love the variety of style and the colors!! And I really love the sheer sleeves!! A great wardrobe expansion for my grannies!!! Thanks!!!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 5:17 PM
These are really pretty! I can see my elder sims wearing these! Thanks!
Mad Poster
#19 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 6:00 PM
Hooray for granny clothes! These look great, Cat.
Instructor
#20 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 4:46 AM
I love all your work, but these are going to be very useful to my own skin making as well as adorning a lot of elders in my game. I haven't tried doing anything yet with alpha editable meshes. Am I correct in thinking all I do is make a new alpha if I want an elbow length sleeve or a three quarter or a little short puff sleeve? Can I do sleeveless too? Can the neckline be altered also? I bet it could make a semisheer evening blouse with the appearance of a lacy camisole underneath.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 5:04 AM
hedgekat Thank you.

To make your job easier, download the "uv map and recoloring layers" zip file. Even if you decide not to use the layers, they'll give you an idea of what goes where, and the uv maps will be handy no matter what texture you make.

To adjust sleevelength, yes, you just alter the alpha. If it were me, I would also alter the texture slightly by adding a hem line at the end of the sleeve AND a shadow on the arm.

Yes, you can do sleeveless. The mesh has a ridge at the shoulder/armhole. If you look at my sheer sleeve blouses, that ridge is right where the sheer sleeve meets the blouse. So I would not try to adjust the size/shape of the armhole in the torso part of the texture.

To hide the bow, just make the bow part of the texture completely see through (black in the BodyShop alpha image).

To make a sheer blouse over a cami, just make the alpha grey (partly see through) in the BodyShop alpha image whereve you want the blouse to be sheer. Note that the blouse is not skin tight, so it would not work well for something like a sheer blouse over a bra. However, you're not doing that, and I'm not sure many people want to see granny in a sheer blouse over a bra, so that's okay.

Instructor
#22 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 4:28 PM
[QUOTE=CatOfEvilGenius
I'm not sure many people want to see granny in a sheer blouse over a bra, so that's okay. [/QUOTE]

HAH, I certainly wouldn't want to see that. And being a granny myself I wouldn't want to wear one either.

But my project list is getting longer and longer by the minute. The more great new stuff that others make the more ideas I have for things for me to make. Why didn't anyone warn me that creating simstuff could become so addictive so fast?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 3:45 PM
These are MAGIC! :lovestruc
Thank you so much for sharing your extraordinary works.
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th May 2009 at 11:31 PM
It is really excellent, thanks!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 12:54 AM
WOW!! Can't believe how beautiful your work is!! Simply phantastic!! Just what those old Sim ladies needed!
Page 1 of 2