Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Study Skills Faster

by Chaavik Posted 7th May 2009 at 8:25 AM

54 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th May 2009 at 8:44 AM
does this affect the speed at which toddlers learn skills? like talking, walking, potty training, or do we have to use a different mod for that?

thank you by the way, i've been looking for something like this for a while.

"Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day - accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day." - Don Vito Corleone [Godfather]
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2009 at 8:54 AM
No, this is a completely different mod from what your toddlers do on their toys to gain skill points. These two mods modify how fast the Sims gain skill points by studying from the bookcase, whether it be the normal bookcase or the career reward bookcase (gold book on top bookcase).
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th May 2009 at 12:31 PM
Default Thank you
I have been looking for a mod like this every since I got FT . Thanks very much you rock
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2009 at 3:23 PM
Awww, thank you so much for this
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th May 2009 at 4:36 PM
You're welcome.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th May 2009 at 5:10 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! *bows for your genius*
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#8 Old 7th May 2009 at 6:59 PM
Oh! Thanks a lot for this! It's really useful!

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th May 2009 at 12:02 AM
Your pictured Sims need some custom content. Like Clothes. mhmm.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th May 2009 at 2:05 AM
Thanks, this is great!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 8th May 2009 at 4:28 AM
So this affects all skills? Not just book skills (Cleaning/Mechanical/Cooking), but also Creativity, Body, Logic, and Charisma? Or does it only affect the book skills? If it covers everything, this would be absolutely perfect, just one mod instead of needing a dozen speedskilling items.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th May 2009 at 4:40 AM Last edited by Chaavik : 8th May 2009 at 4:52 AM.
Both mods affect the rate at which Sims gain skill points from studying the skills by book. As clearly stated in the description and shown in the picture that the Sim was studying from a book.

Does not cover skills gained on things like mirrors, career reward objects (except for the golden book on top bookcases) and so forth.

ROBOTiKpeace, my Sim is wearing custom clothes. It's a recolor of a Maxis outfit. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

One other thing to add:

There are ways to boost the rate at which Sims gain skills using other objects such as the Eureka benefit from the Knowledge aspiration (either Primary or Secondary) gives an instant boost to grant a chance to gain a skillpoint, Fall season gives a bonus to skilling speed and the Far East souvenirs (5) also gives a bonus to skilling speed as well.

But then, not everybody have BV (Far East souvenirs) or FT (Aspiration benefits) or even Seasons (Fall season) to gain skills quickly. They're suggestions or ideas for those who asked about whether these mods cover gaining skills on other objects or only on books.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#13 Old 8th May 2009 at 1:34 PM
thank you
Now I have strings I can tweak myself to set it up the way I like.

None of my sims ever learn any AL special skills. It takes too long in the gameplay.

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Field Researcher
#14 Old 13th May 2009 at 5:15 AM
Awesome, thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd May 2009 at 9:24 AM
FABULOUS modification, keep up the good work!
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th May 2009 at 2:16 PM
Excuse me, i'd just like to mention that you said the parenting, anger management ect. skills were freetime. Im not sure whether you can get it from there aswell, but I personally got them from Apartment Life.
(why the hell am i writing in perfect grammar and all that? I have no idea...)
~~Keria Hatake~~
Test Subject
#17 Old 25th May 2009 at 2:17 PM
Oh, but nice idea, Could you by any chance try to make one for all skills, like from the mirror, exercise machine ect. because theyre the ones I always have problems with. Thanx.
~~Keria Hatake~~
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th May 2009 at 9:07 PM
No, there isn't a single BCON or a BHAV to edit to affect skilling on different objects. The objects have their own behaviors and constants to affect skilling.

Ah, interesting that you can get the FT special skills with only Apartment Life. I think they were carried forward to AL if I remembered from reading my Prima Guide on AL. But thanks for letting us know.

At least people still need to use FT and/or AL to obtain those special skills if they want them.
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 5:40 PM
Thanks for the mod

As for the skills, I think Parenting is the only one mentioned by you that you can get with Free Time. I only purchased AL today and didn't play it yet but had FT for some time already and Parenting is the one I know, while I've never heard of anger management skills in Sims :O
Test Subject
#20 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 4:47 PM Last edited by Daliakw : 19th Jun 2009 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Giving Thanks?
Will this conflict with Treeag's Book of talents http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=293562 ?

**EDIT**
Ok, Thanks for telling me.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 9:52 PM
No, it won't because Treeag's Book of Talents is a cloned object. I have that installed too with no issues. The mods from this thread are for modifying the rate at which the skills are gained, and they do not affect the books themselves.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 12:41 PM
I love the idea, but in my game it doesn't work :o I guess it conflicts with Monique's "More fun in reading books" (here in MTS)? It's too bad that mod isn't updated for FT and AL Or is there some other mod like that, which adds more fun in reading and is compatible with latest EP's??
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 2:01 AM
Yeah, that will most likely conflict with mine. It's either one or the other. And hers hasn't been updated in ages. I really don't suggest using any older mod (pre-FT) that hasn't been updated unless you know for sure they're compatible with the current EP.
Test Subject
#24 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 5:11 PM
That specials skills are coming from Apartment Life,not from Freetime.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 1:44 AM
The special skills were carried forward from FreeTime. FreeTime originally have the special skills to study for if you only have FT.

If you had the Prima Guide for AL, you would see a page noting which features were carried forward from previous EPs such as the special skills from FT.
Page 1 of 3