Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tuckborough - 3 hobbit holes

by Black0rchid Posted 8th May 2009 at 9:19 PM - Updated 14th May 2009 at 12:46 AM by Black0rchid

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Wiki Wizard
#2 Old 8th May 2009 at 9:37 PM
Wow, these are even better than the first!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Instructor
#3 Old 8th May 2009 at 11:11 PM
OooooH , These like the others are awesome!I love the interiors,they are adorable,great upload and thanks for sharing :D

"Inspiration,It comes not when you want it.But when you least expect it to!"
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th May 2009 at 11:26 PM
Oh! Very cute! Thanks

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Forum Resident
#5 Old 8th May 2009 at 11:41 PM
Wow, this is such a well done and good looking lot for the hobbits! I think all fans of The Lord of the Rings will like it very much. Thanks for the work on this lot and also for sharing it here. Of course this will be part of my game!
hexameter
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th May 2009 at 12:03 AM
I have been trying to create one of these for months!!!! You did it they look amazing I play lord of the rings online when I'm not simming so this is a big deal for me thank you so much they are truly amazing.

www.giggeek.com Graphic Novels, Manga, Games, Anime, and Asian Imports.
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th May 2009 at 12:34 AM
Ah, these look wonderfull and very faithfull to the books. Do I need apartmentlife to download them?
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th May 2009 at 2:03 AM
I think I love you xD
These are great :D
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th May 2009 at 3:14 AM
I gasped when I saw these. I don't have the right expansions, so I can't get them, but I just wanted to pass on my admiration for your wonderful work. My Sims would love them, and truth be told, I'd live in one too if I could!
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
#10 Old 9th May 2009 at 5:44 AM
These are awesome! Great Job

Check out my other downloads at my blog!
Test Subject
#11 Old 9th May 2009 at 10:19 AM
whoa!
This is truly wonderful, I looooove lotr, but can never find good sims stuff for it - so thanks for this absolutely stunning hobbit hole. I'm ready to move in!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 9th May 2009 at 10:43 AM
Wow, this is totally amazing, so sweet and so gorgeous. You made a stunning work on it I couldn't even dream such a lot would be possible to build with the game's possibilities ! My grateful thank for adding this Middle Earth fabulous lot
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 9th May 2009 at 11:12 AM
Wow! This is incredible Hobbit-like!!!!
Sadly, as for Hobbiton, I cannot play these holes because I have no eps...

Any chance you post a short tutorial about building something alike, especially teaching us poor builder how to make the roof?

Grazie comunque per questi fantastici lot; costruisci benissimo... le immagini parlano da sole! Thank you again!

"Cute and cuddly!"

My own page on MTS2
Scholar
#14 Old 9th May 2009 at 12:14 PM
First,a HUGE Thank you for this fabulous creation.I am watching your pics and lost in admiration.Its so innovative and its just pure beauty.
And I would ask you,please,please: Tell us if you have used V1ND1CARE's "Sunken Basement" technique" or something else,or "Grid Adjuster"....I would be so happy to learn.
Meanwhile I'll enjoy your jewel (deeply) in my game.
A big hug.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#15 Old 9th May 2009 at 2:05 PM
Absolutely fabulous work! Thanks!
Test Subject
#16 Old 9th May 2009 at 3:21 PM
Absolutely marvelous
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 9th May 2009 at 8:30 PM
Amazing.

"With the cold Northern Wind we travel
We're on a journey of a lifetime
And we'll fight many battles on our way"
Test Subject
#18 Old 9th May 2009 at 9:01 PM
Thank Illuvitar There are wonderful! A testiment to any modder's creativities
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 9th May 2009 at 10:01 PM
Wonderful, beautyful, amazing, marvelous . . . the adjectives could go on!!! I love this. Thank you for an amazing apartment!

OMG! MF Snakes on a MF Plane!!
August 18th everywhere
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th May 2009 at 3:00 AM Last edited by Black0rchid : 10th May 2009 at 5:36 AM.
thanks to everyone :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by Chiarina
Any chance you post a short tutorial about building something alike, especially teaching us poor builder how to make the roof?

Grazie comunque per questi fantastici lot; costruisci benissimo... le immagini parlano da sole! Thank you again!

Grazie Chiarina
I'll try to make a little tutorial and I'll post here.
Quote: Originally posted by Mehrlicht
First,a HUGE Thank you for this fabulous creation.I am watching your pics and lost in admiration.Its so innovative and its just pure beauty.
And I would ask you,please,please: Tell us if you have used V1ND1CARE's "Sunken Basement" technique" or something else,or "Grid Adjuster"....I would be so happy to learn.
Meanwhile I'll enjoy your jewel (deeply) in my game.
A big hug.

Thank you Mehrlicht,
I didn't use Sunken basement technique neither grid adjuster, only CFE cheat. look at my tutorial below
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th May 2009 at 5:35 AM
Little Tutorial for hobbit hole roof

I didn't use exactly this method for the lot, but first, this is simpler (for Chiarina that write she's not familiar with CFE cheat), second, results are the same.
This little tutorial is translated in italian because is requested by an italian girl (and my english could be very bad )

1. Build walls for your house with the shape you want to give (in tutorial i build simply a square, but build nicer space for interiors!)
1. Costruisci i muri come più preferisci (nell'esempio ho costruito un quadrato ma ricordati che questo sarà il perimetro della tua casa, quindi crea spazi e stanze pensando a come dividerai l'interno successivamente)

2. Apply floors, and put two rows of floors more, in front.
apply also two rows in the sides, to lower also lateral roofs. in this tutorial i'll shape only the front because procedure it's the same
use this useful and great floor by roddyaleixo, download here
if you want to put a little fence for decorate your roof, this is the moment.

2. metti la pavimentazione, usando questo floor, che è davvero simile al prato. Metti due file in più di quadratini, sia davanti che lateralmente. Nel tutorial li ho messi solo davanti perchè la procedura è uguale: meglio mettere ora anche quelli laterali, così poi li abbasserai contemporaneamente.
Se vuoi mettere una ringhierina bassa per decorare il tetto, mettila ora sul perimetro del tetto perchè poi sarà troppo tardi : )

3. CTRL-SHIFT-C to bring up the cheat box.
Enter the following cheat:
boolProp ConstrainFloorElevation False
Get the level tool (lower tool-little size), and begin to lower the ground exactly under roof border of the second row

3. apri la finestra dei cheats con CTRL+SHIFT+C e scrivi
boolProp ConstrainFloorElevation False
clicca invio.
Prendi lo strumento livella terreno, quello che abbassa, il più piccolo.
Comincia ad abbassare il terreno esattamente sotto il bordo esterno della seconda fila: vedi che il tetto si abbassa insieme al terreno.

4. Continue shaping, till you are satisfied with the result. You can also lower the first row but not all because you need to put doors and windows..leave flat square where you decide to put these
4. continua così, ad abbassare e a creare il tuo tetto curvo. Puoi anche abbassare un po' i quadratini della prima fila per creare un effetto più naturale ma occhio, lascia piatti i quadratini dove hai intenzione di mettere la porta e le finestre, altrimenti non le potrai mettere (in realtà le finestre sì, utilizzando il moveobjects on, ma le porte no)

5. CTRL-SHIFT-C to bring up the cheat box.
Enter the following cheat:
boolProp ConstrainFloorElevation True
Use the level tools (flat) to flatten the ground.
Roof remains shaped.

5.apri la finestra dei cheats con CTRL+SHIFT+C e scrivi
boolProp ConstrainFloorElevation True
clicca invio.
Prendi lo strumento livella terreno, quello piatto, e livella tutto il terreno che hai abbassato. il tetto rimane così come l'hai creato.

6. Now you can put your wallpapers, doors, windows, ecc.
you have done

6. Adesso puoi mettere i wallpapers, porte, finestre e tutto il resto.
fine delle fatiche

For tutorials of CFE cheats, look at this http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/b...roof/index.html but remember that curved roof are not season-proof

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 10th May 2009 at 10:10 AM
I love you! Sei stata gentilissima e chiara... Grazie mille!
Now I will try and make something less-eps compliant!

"Cute and cuddly!"

My own page on MTS2
Scholar
#23 Old 10th May 2009 at 11:41 AM
Oh! Thank you for your wonderful tute.Your explanations are perfect.Very grateful to you.See that you had your delightful little secret for this roof.And you have done all this work for us.
Thanks again for your enchanting hobbit holes and for your precious teaching.
A big hug.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 10th May 2009 at 7:47 PM
Ce l'ho fatta!!! I did it, thanks to your tutorial!!!
This is the results: for my poor building skills, a triumph!
Ed è tutto merito tuo: grazie e ancora grazie!

I have just one more question: can I give the special shape also to the sides of the house or only to the front?
Magari così mi esprimo meglio: si può rendere spioventi anche i lati della casa e non solo il davanti, dando un effetto "collinetta" a tutto l'edificio? Mi sembra che nelle tue immagini sia così.... E come riempire i "buchi" che si creano ai lati, tra il muro e il tetto?

Thanks again and again for the great tutorial... and it has been made just for me!

Kisses,
Chiarina

"Cute and cuddly!"

My own page on MTS2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 10th May 2009 at 8:35 PM
thank you Mehrlicht !

Quote: Originally posted by Chiarina
I have just one more question: can I give the special shape also to the sides of the house or only to the front?
Magari così mi esprimo meglio: si può rendere spioventi anche i lati della casa e non solo il davanti, dando un effetto "collinetta" a tutto l'edificio? Mi sembra che nelle tue immagini sia così.... E come riempire i "buchi" che si creano ai lati, tra il muro e il tetto?

Good work!
yes you can: in the tutorial (point 2) I wrote to add two rows of floors also in the sides, you can lower also these while you are lowering the front roof.
to empty the space between roof and walls you have to raise the ground: it's impossible with walls but it's possible with foundations. If you add fundations attached at lateral walls, you can raise the terrain.

Se leggi bene nel tutorial, al punto 2 ho scritto che puoi aggiungere due file di piastrelle anche lateralmente, e anche dietro. Poi usa la stessa procedura abbassandoli - senza creare la curva, così avrai l'effetto collinetta.
Per riempire i buchi di cui parli, dovresti alzare il terreno, ma non è possibile con i muri. Nel mio lotto ho attaccato le fondamenta nei muri laterali, il terreno può essere alzato sotto le fondamenta, ma non sotto i muri. è una procedura un po' più lunga.
Per avere un effetto carino senza sbattimenti, puoi alzare delle piccole collinette erbose davanti alla casetta. Oppure per nascondere apparentemente un po' di muro, puoi usare il wallpaper erboso che hai scaricato insieme al floor di roddyaleixo.
Comunque bravissima! la tua casa hobbit è perfetta
Page 1 of 3