Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Arcadia - A Decorated Neighbourhood *Updated*

by girlfromverona Posted 16th May 2009 at 5:08 PM - Updated 5th Feb 2016 at 6:58 AM by leefish

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th May 2009 at 5:53 PM
I think you've made a great job! Thank you very much for this beautiful neighbourhood . Now I'll try to build here some nice houses. Thanks for giving me inspiration .
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 16th May 2009 at 6:40 PM
I agree, Zaxis' neighborhoods inspire me too....I just wish I could create something beautiful with that insipration like you have. Great work, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th May 2009 at 7:59 PM
It's beautiful, I think you've done a very nice job!
Instructor
#5 Old 16th May 2009 at 10:55 PM
Criquette puts out great stuff but I've always been too lazy to mess with it in my existing neighborhoods and if I had, I still wouldn't have come within a mile of the beauty of yours. Thanks for saving me all that trouble!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th May 2009 at 2:58 AM
Heya! Great job on this neighbourhood! The only problem I have is that I can't seem to find the .sc4 file to extract to the Terrains folder. I've gone through all the folders when I extracted it from the RAR, but I don't see it.
Instructor
#7 Old 17th May 2009 at 3:21 AM
Same here, just tried to install it and no go without that file. Hope you can update soon.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th May 2009 at 4:14 AM
Hmm, very odd. You should just be able to put the N137 folder into your Neighborhoods folder and have the new 'hood show up when you load the game.

Anyway, I'll add the SC4 file shortly, for those of you having problems. Just so you're aware, though, if you use the SC4 file on its own, I'm pretty sure you'll have to add the decorations yourself.

Thanks for all the thanks and comments!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 17th May 2009 at 9:06 AM
Wow, stunning work on this 'hood ! Thanks
Test Subject
#10 Old 17th May 2009 at 10:36 AM
Wow, this ist really a nice Neighbourhood. I wish i could make so beautyful maps.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th May 2009 at 12:14 PM
It looks really fantastic. Details are great ^^ Thanks
Instructor
#12 Old 17th May 2009 at 1:23 PM
You're right, the sc4 file just puts it on the template list with no deco. I even pulled out my one template hood and renumbered yours to that and it still won't show. I like having the template ,though. Thanks again for the extra trouble.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th May 2009 at 3:20 PM
@bubbajoe62: No problem! Sorry to hear it still won't work for you. Which expansion packs do you have? If you're missing one or more, that could possibly be the problem, as this 'hood was created with all EPs installed.
Instructor
#14 Old 17th May 2009 at 11:35 PM
I have all the EPs but not Mansions & Gardens. Tried it with and without CC, was careful to rename all the files, even tried copying something called a.reia file which the regular hoods have but the template hoods lack. Browsed through the game help, seems others have had this problem, was not able to distill a resolution. Maybe it's because the kids bypassed the disk insert. Thanks anyway, I guess I am just going to have to learn to decorate a hood :-)
Test Subject
#15 Old 18th May 2009 at 11:17 PM Last edited by RiotGirlK : 18th May 2009 at 11:23 PM. Reason: To add a thanks...
I just wanted to say that I love the tilt-shift effect in your promo pic. Incredibly unconstructive feedback, I know, but there it is. XD

Also: It's a nice 'hood, even empty. Can't wait to play it.

Please feel free to upload my walls and floors in your finished lots as long as they are not offered on any paysites, TSR, or the Exchange. You may recolour them as long as you give credit and link back to the original.
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th May 2009 at 1:40 PM
Stunning! And interesting choice of name for the neighborhood...evokes certain memories...good ones of course. May I ask why that name?
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st May 2009 at 4:00 AM
@Switched: I really couldn't say - it's just a name I heard once and liked. I think it was also the name of an X-Files episode, IIRC.

Thanks for all the lovely comments, everyone!
Test Subject
#18 Old 22nd May 2009 at 5:21 AM
I really adore this neighborhood, and I think it would be the perfect one to use for this neighborhood that I have in mind. But I'm having problems getting it to show up in the game. I believe I installed everything correctly--I put the Arcadia neighborhood files into my Neighborhoods folder and the sc4 files into the SC4 Terrains folder. Arcadia never shows up on the "Choose Neighborhood to Play" screen, BUT if I choose to create a new neighborhood, the Arcadia map DOES show up. :\ I tried looking this issue up but never found anything helpful.
Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd May 2009 at 9:04 PM
I am also having the same problem as kissthis89..Arcadia is not showing up in the "choose neighborhood to play" screen
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 23rd May 2009 at 3:09 AM
Sorry to hear that. Do you both have all the EPs installed? That's the only thing I can think of that might cause problems.

Can anyone confirm that they *have* got this to work, just so I know it's not a universal problem?
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 24th May 2009 at 5:34 PM Last edited by dallasindc : 27th May 2009 at 9:33 PM.
i'm having problems as well. I do not have Pets. But I don't think that should not be an issue. When I got Carnen from Zaxis, I just got the message that Pets had been uninstalled. It still showed up.

"I'm too booty-licious for ya, babe!"
Check out my DND Designs
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 25th May 2009 at 2:32 PM
I'm sorry - I really don't know what else to suggest! I downloaded it as a test, and popped it into the Neighborhoods folder, and it showed up for me.

I have all EPs and all Stuff Packs, apart from the Holiday-themed ones, if that makes any difference.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 27th May 2009 at 9:33 PM
darn! and I really wanted this hood too!

"I'm too booty-licious for ya, babe!"
Check out my DND Designs
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th May 2009 at 10:46 AM
This looks really good. However, the downloaded zip files do not contain the N137 folder...just the package and .png files (and the other file contains SC4 files). How do I get all the appropriate folders needed? Do I copy one of the other neighborhoods and just replace everything? Do I load Sims 2, create the neigborhood, exit and then add/replace the files needed with what you have? Thanks.
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 30th May 2009 at 2:51 AM
@scifinut68: The file called Arcadia.zip contains a folder called N137. Just pop this into your Neighborhoods folder (while the game isn't running), then load up the game and Arcadia should hopefully appear in your menu.

The file called Arcadia_SC4Terrain.zip contains the files you'd need if you wanted to create your own neighbourhood based on the terrain. (In other words, decorating it yourself.)

Hope that helps!
Page 1 of 2