Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mrs Harper's boarding-house

by monmel Posted 14th May 2009 at 4:50 AM - Updated 24th Jun 2009 at 4:03 PM by monmel

8 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th May 2009 at 5:40 AM
Adorable! I love the idea--thought of doing it myself, but you have a really beautiful execution...I really love how cozy this "boarding-house" is :D

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” George Bernard Shaw

My creations
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th May 2009 at 7:11 AM
Oh, my sims will be so happy to live at Mrs Harper's ! I am so happy to see one more of your lovely and gorgeous creations ! Thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th May 2009 at 1:11 AM
This reminds me of Mama's Family.....her house looked sorta like it from the outside, and the stairs looked similar....

"When life gives you lemons, squeeze them into the eyes of your enemy", Happy Bunny.

Have a cough? Eat a box of laxatives. In the morning, you'll be afraid to cough.
Instructor
#5 Old 15th May 2009 at 8:19 AM
Oh my gosh! I am changing this to a house, because its so cozy and lovely and im offically in love with it! Squeee!

Thankyou SO much! You furnished it so amazingly, I look up to you !
Scholar
#6 Old 15th May 2009 at 8:42 PM Last edited by cameranutz2 : 15th May 2009 at 9:32 PM.
Wow, looks like a lot I did recently, even some of the verbage ...Great minds must think alike!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 16th May 2009 at 2:32 AM
Before accusing someone of stealing, I'd recommend to actually compare the lots in question.

Just looking at the outside, I see a few major differences: one of the lots is 2 stories, the other one 3; one of them has a sloped attic, the other one doesn't; one is 8 tiles long and the other one 10. I haven't seen the insides so I can't comment on how similar they are overall, but just from those few things I can tell you that turning lot 1 into lot 2 would be *more* work than building a new one from scratch.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 16th May 2009 at 11:54 AM
I agree with pb - after looking at both of them, while the styles are similar, the style really boils down to "traditional house with porch and dormers and landscaping." Which is a pretty common style. The overall shape is similar, but far from identical. While it may have been inspired by that lot, it could just as easily have been inspired by any number of similar house plans available online.

If you believe something is stolen, please use the Report Post button to bring it to staff attention. We can then investigate without a thread getting dragged off into ugliness, and if it turns out that it's -not- stolen (like in this case) then there's not a bunch of false accusations left to deal with that leave the accusers with egg on their face and the accused still feeling uneasy at being publicly accused of something they didn't do.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 10:29 PM
Such a cozy feel on a small budget. I have some single Sims who will enjoy being here until they can afford a home. :)