Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 22nd May 2008 at 1:59 AM
OMG!
I try to remember glitches but I cannot. Well.....
One sim day long time ago in my Strangetown number 2 (a year ago) General Buzz Grunt and another lady (whomever it was) had a baby girl. When she grew into a toddler she had black hair and blonde eyebrows!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#52 Old 22nd May 2008 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by proxian_girl
Ghost, do you have CC enabled in-game? If not, enable it and then restart, and your CC should show just fine. Otherwise you've probably got a wonky package somewhere...

I've got CC enabled and showing. It's just that some of it decides to vanish right in front of my eyes.

I had a guy and his wife change for work, and her accessories all started flashing blue, their work uniforms for Criminal mastermind both came out white with black letters, and the wallpaper and floor tiles vanished.

Wonky package is probably the problem. Finding it in the middle of almost 5 g of Downloads is another problem.

Coltraz:
Teens and Elders both have the same "part time" careers available. The difference being that an Elder who used to be an employed Adult can either keep the job they were in or retire and draw a pension on top of the "part time" job. Teens work part time because they have school. Elders work part time because they are old now and it's time to take things easy. But it would have been slightly pointless to make two different part time careers for each field on top of the regular adult career.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#53 Old 22nd May 2008 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
normal?

how so?

Elders have the same jobs as Teens if they get a new job when they become an Elder.
Alchemist
#54 Old 22nd May 2008 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sidneydoj
Coltraz:
Teens and Elders both have the same "part time" careers available. The difference being that an Elder who used to be an employed Adult can either keep the job they were in or retire and draw a pension on top of the "part time" job. Teens work part time because they have school. Elders work part time because they are old now and it's time to take things easy. But it would have been slightly pointless to make two different part time careers for each field on top of the regular adult career.

Wow! Well then! With no option to retire, he is going to have a very tough life financially!
#55 Old 22nd May 2008 at 6:16 PM
Unless you download the noagediscrimination hack from MATY. I usually keep my elders in their regular jobs. People say the elders get tired more easily, but I've found that the top-level jobs have pretty easy schedules anyway (only 3 days a week, and fewer than 8 hours in most cases), so why not keep them working?

I always find the head-twisted-180degrees glitch alarming to look at. It's happened a couple of times and freaks me out to see the sim's head twisted around like that. Eek.

Another time, one point of Vidcund's hair got stuck in one part of the Curious house. He could move about normally which meant his hair stretched and exploded alarmingly as he went about the rest of the house. Wish I'd gotten a picture of it; it was bizarre.

His hair was back to normal after I quit and reentered the lot, fortunately. Not CC hair either, it was one of the OFB styles.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 22nd May 2008 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
I've had townies married to my Sims before and who have tons of crap in their inventories, too. It's great fun. Never that much stuff though!!
Worst/scariest glitch for me was when all my Sims and their houses vanished and I never found them again.

spooky!! did u look in stragnetown lol :jk:
#57 Old 22nd May 2008 at 6:20 PM
Pescado has a 'noagediscimination' hack to get round this.

If you have Freetime the link is
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=ft%2Fhacks%2F

Edited: God, I'm so slow at typing!
Field Researcher
#58 Old 22nd May 2008 at 8:40 PM
i had this scary glitch a few weeks again, my selfsims family glichted and her daughter (part of quads) in her teen years dissapeared without any reason, didn't download any CC, didn't even came near simPE, later turned out her caracter files went missing without any reason, so i wanted to put the original neighbourhood back in( the free time hood and that file was not in the hood folder in program files and trust me i searched everywhere. so i have a brked hood in game that i can't replace without reinstalling.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 23rd May 2008 at 2:47 PM
I still haven't actually encountered anything like the rabbit glitch from Sims 1. That is the one glitch that will stick with me forever, I think. All those rabbits all over the lot, and the stupid carpools and taxis would take 3 hours before deciding to just run the silly things over. I finally put a bed right next to the car portal so they could wake up and collapse into it instead of dropping two or three times on their way to the bedroom.

Haha, there were some pretty horrible glitches in Sims1. I remember in sims superstar, the obsessive fan was standing stupidly in front of the limo, trying to follow my sim (who was IN the limo). took forever to wait for him to get out of the way.
#60 Old 23rd May 2008 at 2:52 PM
I saw a flying skunk back when I had pets installed. Now, I have flying penguins.
Site Helper
#61 Old 23rd May 2008 at 4:58 PM
Remember bartender Waylon from Sims 1? The guy who thought his bar was in the middle of the street? That lot was completely unusable because of him!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 23rd May 2008 at 5:06 PM
I got scared after this stupid glitch when I took a swimming sim out of the pool--she started swimming everywhere. Good thing I didn't save.
#63 Old 23rd May 2008 at 5:14 PM
I've never had that happen before, 1306! I would have been scared too. :P

I loaded my Legacy lot, and my sim was transparent. o_o; I don't remember killing her..?
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 23rd May 2008 at 5:15 PM
It shouldn't happen normally. I turned on the move_Objects on cheat and took her out while swimming. I might get a picture of that, but I wouldn't wanna risk it again.

Maybe your sim died while the game wasn't on? :D
#65 Old 23rd May 2008 at 5:22 PM
I don't think that can happen. It would be -SO COOL- though.

She was bright red, transparnt, and sitting at the Kitchen table eating a sandwich. Really weird.
Site Helper
#66 Old 23rd May 2008 at 5:29 PM
Were there any fires on a community lot while you were playing a different family? Red is the color of a fire ghost.

Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 24th May 2008 at 1:24 AM
Is she still selectable? If she is, then maybe it's a CC thing.
#68 Old 27th May 2008 at 2:14 AM
My maid ran full speed around the house to clean up, as in a full out sprint. My entire house was cleaned for less than fifteen simoleans because she was working so fast. I had never seen it happen before, and she's been back since and hasn't acted the same way.

Scariest glitch though was my toddler's teeth coming through his chin. Luckily it was only when he was pouting, but I thought to myself "boy, I hope he grows out of that, or else he'll have a LOT of trouble dating".
Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 27th May 2008 at 4:45 AM
52cardpickup - That actually happens with adult sims as well when they're talking with other sims.

Another scary--but stupidly funny glitch is what happens to sims' teeth when they watch arcade. Seriously, it's weird but cool.
Forum Resident
#70 Old 27th May 2008 at 7:53 AM
Despite my computer being very very crappy, I rarely get glitches and stuff... but this one I thought was absolutely hilarious.
My generation 2 heiress moved a guy in and they got married. Well, later I was looking through the memories of her mom, dad and husband... and all three of them had "Naomi was added to the family" memories from the wedding... despite the fact that Hugh was the one that was added to the family. And the weirdest one... Naomi had "added to the family" memories for her parents and her husband as well! Very very odd :P
Site Helper
#71 Old 27th May 2008 at 12:09 PM
Was it the guy who proposed? That happened in one of my families too, when the former townie guy proposed to my girl.

Scholar
Original Poster
#72 Old 27th May 2008 at 2:48 PM
I did take a screenshot of this... but I lost it.

Anywho, my fav sim atm Estelle had just been created and moved into her new house at Strangetown, so the neighbours came to say hi. Vidcund kept on poking and arguing with her; so she had yellow negative relationship bars with him. She also had 2 lightening bolts. Eventually the constant poking and slapping started to annoy me so I made Estelle say goodbye to Vidcund - and they kissed!

How is this possible?! They were very close to being enemies yet they kiss goodbye? :confused:

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Instructor
#73 Old 27th May 2008 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Figgi
How is this possible?! They were very close to being enemies yet they kiss goodbye? :confused:

Love hate relationship maybe?
#74 Old 27th May 2008 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by idtaminger
Love hate relationship maybe?

I think so! lol
The same thing happens to Nina Caliente quite often.
Whenever she's part of the welcome wagon she starts harrassing people, just to flirt with them a second later.
A real emotional rollercoaster!
Forum Resident
#75 Old 27th May 2008 at 11:53 PM
Was it the guy who proposed? That happened in one of my families too, when the former townie guy proposed to my girl.

Yup he proposed to her. I checked again and they all have the "Hugh joined the family" memory when he moved in, as well as the "Naomi joined the family" memory when they got married.
Page 3 of 25