Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 11:06 AM
Default since the sims 2 pets wont behaving a new neighborhood what are you going to do
since the sims 2 pets wont behaving a new neighborhood what are you going to do
Advertisement
#2 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 11:07 AM
Nothing i suppose, lol!
#3 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 11:17 AM
Put them in my existing neighbourhoods..?:P
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 11:46 AM
I'm glad there isn't a new neighborhood. I don't like the fact I've been getting about 50 new Sims with each expansion pack... it fills up the neighborhood!
#5 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 11:48 AM
They said they were still working on new families.
#6 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 1:46 PM
I read they were shipping a park type lot with the pack so I guess you can just place that wherever you like. I can't wait to make a pet store since I also have OfB.
Theorist
#7 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 4:57 PM
Like I said in another thread it's really been annoying me that with every expansion since Hot Date except Unleashed (coincidence?) came with another neighborhood. Like many people I hate nearly all the townies. On Sims Zone they did say that there's a pet button in the neighborhood screen, but when you click on it it says that it is useless. That is really weird of Maxis to do that. I'm happy that Maxis didn't get the 'omg we have to add another 'hood because it's another expansion pack and we love townies' feeling this time.

I like the way Maxis handling it this time around. The new families won't be townies because they're going to be in the family bin.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 5:19 PM
I don't trust it, there is a button but there's no neighborhood. I think there will be one, why else put a button?
Instructor
#9 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 5:23 PM
True.. why are they putting the button then...?

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
#10 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 6:47 PM
I'm really glad they're not adding a new neighborhood this time around--my computer isn't exactly the fastest on the planet, and I find that new neighborhoods take up space that I hardly ever use, and it seems to take centuries to load them. A park or something within the existing neighborhoods sounds nice, and would be a lovely alternative. And the button thing? Sounds a little sketchy, but...those Maxis people do have a strange sense of humor. I wouldn't be too surprised if it were a button that did absolutely nothing. Sort of a, "you're so used to getting new neighborhoods, and this thing almost fooled you! But there's nothing here! Ha!" sorta joke...I don't know...
#11 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 7:08 PM
There's not a lot to do with a new hood. Other than pet shops and parks.

Which, could easily be placed in the other hoods.

And since you can make as many "downtowns" as you want..... No serious need for expansion anyway.
#12 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 7:30 PM
aaaabsolutelly nothing lol
I will buy pets for my families before pets and maybe play with some sims2pets family?
Scholar
#13 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 7:34 PM
ya i dont even get why they made a new hood for ofb (except of course for those that do not have night life) with downtown being able to doall the same things as the ofb one...it never do anything there anyways on occasion il lmake a mall in downtown just to keep my residential and community lots seperate ...so i dont see what having a new hood with pets would bring? unless it was all parks all the time which would be silly =p

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 7:42 PM
i wanna make a pet store to since i9 have ofb 2
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dragon_tfm
ya i dont even get why they made a new hood for ofb

Probably because they wanted to have businesses that your families could visit. If they'd just thrown them into the lots bin, you'd have some setting up to do before anyone could go shopping.
As a bonus, Shopping Districts are Daytime, while Downtown are Nighttime. It's nice to be able to have sunny sub-neighbourhoods.

Anyway - I'd prefer it if there weren't any more neighbourhood types, since I don't really see the need.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 10:12 PM
The first thing I'm going to do when I get the game is go in, and create my sims self, and my manx cat, Bunny, and my (well, my grandma's), toy poodle, Nugget. Then I shall check out the maxis families, then I shall play my self-sim, and pets.

I think the icon was there because they aren't quite done with the game, so that icon is just kinda "there" for now? Till the figure something to do with it, or delete it?

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 1:20 AM
what im doin im making me my own neghbor hood
Scholar
#18 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 1:20 AM
i was just thinking the only reason i can gather for more neighbor hoods its to make sure we have all the room we need for lots..so ill guess vacation (if they do it) would need another neighborhood

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#19 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 2:07 AM
Well I wouldn't say Downtown is strictly for Nighttime. That's why they put the day/night toggle button in neighborhood view. I've never left it set on nighttime. Makes it harder to see where things are lol For me at least.
#20 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 4:55 AM
Dragon, you can make like, 14 downtowns per neighborhood.

They don't need to keep themeing them.
Test Subject
#21 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 5:06 AM
where is this button that you guys are refering to?

" If I cannot Find a way I will make a way."

So I say bring it on :))
#22 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 5:09 AM
wait wait, unleashed didn't come with a neighborhood???????
i could have sworn it did!

but idk maybe i just have a bad memory
#23 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by khia
what im doin im making me my own neghbor hood

true. i realyl dont care. just more time added to my initial load and more time spent trying to shoo away townies who extend their welcome.
#24 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 5:25 AM
Maybe that button is going to lead to a new neighbourhod, becuase, dont forget, its still in Pre-Alpha.Which means, things you have seen, may not be, or may be modified in the final cut, and new stuff maybe added, like a PetShop (bodyshop equivalent) *Maxis*?? **hint hint**
#25 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:16 AM
Personally, i like getting new townies.. XD i like going on the hunt for breeders..
Page 1 of 2