Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SwiftSign
well this says you can sell them

Horah! Thanks for finding that SwiftSign, there'a a ton of great pictures there
Advertisement
#27 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 8:12 PM
Coolio thanks for the link.!. Man, I really can't wait.
#28 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 8:15 PM
well i dont know about that, I have only seen an adoption screen for getting pets originally, but im sure you can sell them to neighbours once bred or whatever.
#29 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 8:17 PM
with OFB you will be able to sell pet items... just the actual pets are playable and have icons, thats why i dont think you will be able to set up a shop with them
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#30 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 9:54 PM
Yeah I want to be able to go to a store and pick out my animal, not adopt like adopting kids. In Sims1 you could go to a pet store and buy pets, so fingers crossed you can in Sims2
#31 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 9:57 PM
There has to be a way to sell puppies and kittens if you don't want to keep them...

didn't Unleashed have sell or add to family? and if we're talking 6-8 babies here...
#32 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 10:01 PM
Taking from the French page translated I think you create sims in create-a-pet and they go into the adopt a pet pool. So you not only get to pick which pet you want but get to make them first
#33 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 10:05 PM
really? I would have thought CAP could let you create a fmaily that has pets already.... I wonder if you can?
#34 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 10:08 PM
I think you can also make them to move straight into a home for existing sims
Test Subject
#35 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yamikuronue
There has to be a way to sell puppies and kittens if you don't want to keep them...

didn't Unleashed have sell or add to family? and if we're talking 6-8 babies here...

If you can't sell them ofb style (or buy at a pet shop), Maybe the modders can create a pen to buy pets from. It will have a sleeping dog or cat scupture in it. In ofb, just mark the pen for sale for customers to buy from. When you click "adopt a pet" on the pen, it will bring up the adoption menu like what you see on the phone. When you go home after you buy it, it will teleport in front of your sim with a dialog box that says "Name your pet". Just an idea.

Also, if your selling puppies/kittens with OFB, you can buy the pen in Buy mode, then click "Sell Pet" and it will come in a dialog box with the sorting arrows (like that box for throwing parties). Then you can mark it for sale. It can be compatible with home or community lots. :gidea: :muffy:
Test Subject
#36 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
YES!

Chat said OFB peeps can have a pet shop!

Woot.

Yeah, i'm excited for that too. I haven't tried making a business for my sims in OFB yet. Most likley a pets store will be my first attempt and business. :D
#37 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 1:43 AM
Haha, really?

I have, but they all kinda got boring.

The hair salon was fun. I like mostly building them more than running them....
Theorist
#38 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 1:58 AM
That's awesome that Maxis will include the option to have pet stores with OFB because that adds more replay value to a previous expansion. :einstein

I liked hair salons because I could make over townies for money, lol. Some of mine have had accidents and I never took the makeup off, heh heh.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 4:18 AM
That was the ONLY reason I had salons, to makeover the ugly townies.

I don't want pet stores! They're so cruel and the animals look so sad.
#40 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lauren
That was the ONLY reason I had salons, to makeover the ugly townies.

I don't want pet stores! They're so cruel and the animals look so sad.

decorate it pink and they'll have a blast :P

Woot!
#41 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:09 AM
Surely a virtual pet store can't be so bad?
#42 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:30 AM
I mean it's not like they come from Virtual Puppy farms or anything...
Field Researcher
#43 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 10:42 AM
I know its virual, but I don't like them!
#44 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Trissle

HAHAHHAHAAHAH

Battery Dogs, kept in small cages giving birth to puppies every day. XD
Test Subject
#45 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Trissle

Isn't the Virtual Puppy Farm next to that place where they cruelly (but virtually) skin the virtual mink for virtual fur coats :o?

I don't mind if we can't sell cats and dogs in pet shops. Most pet shops don't in real life, either. Just toys and small pets, usually.
Test Subject
#46 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by YamLin
Most pet shops don't in real life, either. Just toys and small pets, usually.

Gee, all the pet shops i know sell cats, dogs, birds, rabbits, fish, lizards, hamsters, guinea pigs, etc. What pet shops are you going to, because I thought the very idea of a pet shop was to sell pets? -shrugs-

I'm curious to find out if we actually can sell pets when it comes out if we have OFB. The only problem with that is if your playable sims come in and try and buy a pet. I think that's going to be the problem, because the pets aren't inventory items, like others have said. So how would that work? I guess we'll have to wait and see, or see if maxis tells us anything.
#47 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 8:10 AM
Well.. i know in Unleashed they had them in the middle of a bunch of other stuff.. The townies didn't even touch them.. ^^* I dont know what they'll do this time though..
#48 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 7:31 AM
Well, maybe you can only buy cats & dogs through the Adoption Service, but you can have pet stores that sell their toys, beds, scratching posts, etc, and perhaps the smaller pets.
It's true that the majority of pet stores only stock pet food, pet toys and accessories (collars, beds, blankets, etc), and smaller animals (eg: rabbits, mice, fish and budgies), so it sounds like a plausible idea to me.
Page 2 of 2