Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 11th May 2006 at 3:12 AM
I'd say its pretty good that it will be happening, in my opinion people have been asking so many times to have pets in their games and I don't blame anyone for that, they are the best household campanion and not only that imagine the possibilities what you can do with stories and movies if it does go to plan.

Its too awesome to think of...

Auroraspirit :angel:
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 11th May 2006 at 3:17 AM
I dont know somehow it just doesn't interest me that much, I seem to want spore so much more than Pets maybe if EA did something special with the trailer and the dog looks odd and out of place not simmish, but hey I'll get it if my PC can manage it with Spore installed

i cant post a pic so go to my website :) T.H.C.G.
Scholar
#53 Old 11th May 2006 at 3:19 AM
I hope there's more than just dogs and cats, though. I want my sims to have more of a variety of choices, like ferrets, hamsters, birds, and monkeys! And what about zoos? Zoos would be totally awesome!

Also, I really hope "The Sims 2 Pets" is only a working title. Maxis usually comes up with such clever names.

Are you guys as excited as I am? I can't possibly wait until they officially announce it. I want to see more! "Teaser" trailer is such an appropriate name. It's like letting you smell a fresh batch of cookies, and then yanking them away!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
#54 Old 11th May 2006 at 3:25 AM
Aww, those pictures are so cute. I can't wait!

Can't wait to open a petshop too. :D
Instructor
#55 Old 11th May 2006 at 4:56 AM
I think the Animal Kingdom would be a very good expansion pack name to include all those hopeful zoo, pets and farm animals too, I wouldn't mind a couple of mystic and forest animals too, monkeys, tigers and lions and even the unicorn and pegasus would be cool for movies and stories etc.

Now were talking a good expansion pack.

Auroraspirit :angel:
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#56 Old 11th May 2006 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by travellersside
Not to be a party-pooer, but I hope that there's more to it than just pets. Just pets and nothing else would be kind of dull.

I have to agree with you there, even pets on sims1 were at least part of an expansion and not THE expansion itself.
Banned
#57 Old 11th May 2006 at 5:06 AM
OMG they're so cute!! Now I can't wait to get that expansion pack!
#58 Old 11th May 2006 at 5:19 AM
All of you need to calm down. Those are pre-renders, meant to look better than what they are going to look like. Compare the sims on your game box to the ones in your game, the ones on the box are smooth looking with soft hair, but the ones in the game are not very smooth at all. You also need to take into their track record of including game stopping glitches with it and not fixing them until 4 weeks later or in the next booster pack. I wouldn't start talking about your sims owning their very own guinea pig either, their idea of pets is only dogs and cats and other animals might be tossed in as a poorly made object. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Test Subject
#59 Old 11th May 2006 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsbaby
All of you need to calm down. Those are pre-renders, meant to look better than what they are going to look like. Compare the sims on your game box to the ones in your game, the ones on the box are smooth looking with soft hair, but the ones in the game are not very smooth at all. You also need to take into their track record of including game stopping glitches with it and not fixing them until 4 weeks later or in the next booster pack. I wouldn't start talking about your sims owning their very own guinea pig either, their idea of pets is only dogs and cats and other animals might be tossed in as a poorly made object. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

lol you mean this in a Sims2 literal way?! LOL LMAO :smash: anyways thas funny

i cant post a pic so go to my website :) T.H.C.G.
Banned
#60 Old 11th May 2006 at 5:25 AM
All of you need to calm down. Those are pre-renders, meant to look better than what they are going to look like. Compare the sims on your game box to the ones in your game, the ones on the box are smooth looking with soft hair, but the ones in the game are not very smooth at all.

Probably because of your (and mine aswell) graphic's card. You have to have a good graphics card and set everything on high, and set the "smooth edges" on all the way to "smooth."
#61 Old 11th May 2006 at 5:33 AM
I guess a ATI Radeon X1600 MB256 isn't good these days. If you look at them you will notice that shoulders are rounder and faces are softer on the box art than in game.
Banned
#62 Old 11th May 2006 at 5:42 AM
Oh.....sorry. Actually I looked on the package and the sims look pretty much just as crappy as they are in the game.
Test Subject
#63 Old 11th May 2006 at 5:45 AM
... I'm rather disappointed, those aren't very cute at all. They look so blocky! And the cats' eyes look like they are bugging out of their head.

Heh, I'm so picky :P
#64 Old 11th May 2006 at 5:51 AM
Sorry if I came across as rude, I am tired because I need sleep and am annoyed at how the bbs users are fawning over them. Anyways, is it just me or does the orange cat look like it was made out of rubber?
#65 Old 11th May 2006 at 6:25 AM
omg.. i think they're cute. XD i can't wait to have a puppy and kitty! i hope we can breed...
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 11th May 2006 at 6:30 AM
I'm in the camp with the folks that want more than just pets, and I do love animals - but if I'm going to invest in a new expansion my Sims are going to have to have more to do than play with/train/breed pets. I'm always hoping for new building options, interactions, and things like that. I would really love to be able to choose a lifetime aspiration for Sims, for example, instead of having them randomly assigned lifetime goals that don't match my concept of them.
Forum Resident
#67 Old 11th May 2006 at 6:40 AM
Hmm, this sounds interesting, I just hope we have more with the birds then just play and such. I liked the cockatoo and other parrot in The Sims 1, they were cool, I also hope this doesn't conflict with the Insim and the Inteen.
Top Secret Researcher
#68 Old 11th May 2006 at 7:38 AM
I'm looking forward to this. I've wanted my Sims to have pets ever since I got the original Sims 2, if only to terrorise my Sims with the great black psycho barky-beast that is my dog.

Although, you have to remember that these people are game-designers, not bloody miracle workers.

And if there are werewolves or werecats or whatever included, I'm going to jump up and run around the house in glee. I remember wanted werewolves to be in Nightlife.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#69 Old 11th May 2006 at 7:43 AM
OMG OMG OMG... I LOVE THIS PACK!!!!!!... How many CD you you think it will be? I think It will be like about 2-3 disc.... because animal will be a new mesh, interaction, etc ... .... I Like it ahak-ahak
#70 Old 11th May 2006 at 7:54 AM
Sorry if I came across as rude, I am tired because I need sleep and am annoyed at how the bbs users are fawning over them. Anyways, is it just me or does the orange cat look like it was made out of rubber?

Haha, I totally agree! And it's eyes are just plain freaky...
But still, I'm very excited to see this. I can't wait for it's release! I want it now!
Scholar
#71 Old 11th May 2006 at 7:56 AM

Yeah, I'm not completely happy with their looks. In one way, they look very realistic, but in another way, they look like overly-exaggerated 3d stock clip art. And their movements are very stiff and unrealistic. However, I have no doubt that they'll fine tune the animals beyond what we saw in the video today.

As for the bbs, I hardly go there anymore, since everyone on it seems to be ten years old. If I want to listen to a slightly more intelligent conversation, I come here instead.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
#72 Old 11th May 2006 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purplepaws
As for the bbs, I hardly go there anymore, since everyone on it seems to be ten years old. If I want to listen to a slightly more intelligent conversation, I come here instead.

I agree with you... They're like kids.. hmmph... always talk about something imposibble...

----
For the rubber cat.. I Think It's just intro.. They havent finish the game completely.. It's just rough Idea.. I bet when the game released.. The cat will Be like polygons.. hahahhaa... They like to reduce the polycount...
----
Maybe the Gizzly bear ( Unleashed/hot date) will be back too... and salvage food in the trashcan... :D
Instructor
#73 Old 11th May 2006 at 8:23 AM
They look cute, though they don't seem to "fit" with the game completely. Oh, well, they'll improve them, or if not, I'm sure simmers out there will be able to make better pets.
Scholar
#74 Old 11th May 2006 at 9:08 AM
looks like they will have more personality i hope anyways...but on a side rant i freaking hate quicktime damn thing wont let me view it just keeps telling me i have to have quicktime7 ARG i do have quicktime 7.0.4 >< man some times i really have computers....ok srry about the small rant its been driving me crazy...anywho i also agree that tho the pics make them not seem to fit in it wont matter cause thats not likely to be what they look like in game anyways...also agin i hope that its more that just cats dog birds what have you like in ts1 hopefully its be bigger and more real (they better age dag nabbit)and i want petting zoos and real zoos and farms =] thats not too much to ask is it..oh and i want fantasy like pets too....damn im greedy =p and tired so i ramble alot lol

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Field Researcher
#75 Old 11th May 2006 at 9:43 AM
YAYAY#@!$!adhalksdlsl.

PETS !!! -jumps up and down.-

I'm so excited now ! I can't wait !
Those animals look so cute.

Although I really hope there will be more
to the EP than pets too. Farms. And with
that, my second big EP wish:

weather. XD

I looove weather. I want seasons and whatnot,
blahblahblah. you know the drill. :]

-going to watch the video now.-

good job posting this, Rayline ! <3

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Page 3 of 82