Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 7:44 PM
I heard that Maxis is sticking to an order in creating the EPs. They make one of their own idea in spring, and bring back one from TS1 in fall. So Seasons would be one of their new ideas, and they would wait on a vacation EP. But after reading that leaflet in the Pets box, its sounds too much like a vacation EP. But if they made a separate vacation EP, the two EPs would be too similar. So I hope this pack the vacation EP.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 7:37 PM
Like someone said, in winter have a person build a snowman would be great. But another thing would have school/work being closed due to a snow storm. That would be cool. (no pun intended)
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 12:40 AM
Realtime lighting exactly like in Bustin' Out and the Urbz. School-and-work-cancelling snow storms sound awesome, too. I don't know if a new Vacation pack is really all that necessary after the ability of paying to stay over and sleep at a community lot was unvailed, with beds and food, cheat-free. I really would like to see a way to make nicer-looking beaches that don't look like desert oasises or immediately cut to grass. I believe there was at one point a mod to enable several terrain types in different regions of one n'hood? This would work perfectly.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 7:58 PM
I know this might sound strange, but I really want In Season to be able to do some damage to my Sims. I want an unexpected flood to wreck their new dream home. I want to witness the occasional shark attack (or jelly fish, I guess, since the game is supposed to be approved for kids) when Sims are vacationing at the beach. I want a thunderstorm to cause a power outage just at that crucial moment when a Sim is cooking dinner for the headmaster. Basically, if weather has the power to ruin something in real life, I want it to have the power to do so in the Sims.

I'm not an evil person who intentionally removes ladders from pools or starts fires in doorless rooms. After awhile, though, game play gets too easy. I've figured out how to keep my Sims happy, how to achieve their wants and goals, how to move up in their careers, how to get them through Uni, how to have great dates, how to run a business, and how to raise Pets (training pets is way too easy, by the way). My Sims' lives run way too smoothly now. I want the next pack to throw a few more challenges my way.
#30 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 1:14 AM
palabravampiress: I agree with you...we need some randomness...but, saying that, there should be ways that we can prevent the damage that weather could do...like maybe houses on foundations aren't as likely to be affected by flood, we could build a shelter for when bad weather strikes so our sims are safe...maybe special windows that can't break etc.
#31 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 1:22 AM
I want vacation back! I miss having the sims take a family vacation, spending time with their families and having fun. I hope that is included in seasons. I have sims with tons of vacation time, hope they have a way to spend them. Maybe I can repair some of my broken families relationships. LOL
#32 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 11:10 PM
When the hot days arrive, people go on Vacation, leaving the town to go for some days to a place next to a beach. They seek to escape from the job, the stress, the important-and-urgent stuff, the noise of the city, the smog, the traffic, and all the heavy things that come with current civilization. But there is a thing people can not escape from, no matter where do they go: the top hit song of the summer!
#33 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 4:11 PM
Basket ball hoop. Need I say more? I Really would like it to be put in. It would be like, the best thing to ever happen to the sims 2 outside the creation of simpee, modthesims2.com and the nightlife expansion pack. :nod: :nod: :nod:
#34 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 3:11 AM
I would like more diseases, and failing at that, at least more ways for my sims to get sick. My sims rarely get sick and I think it would add more to the gameplay if they did. I think they should have a heightened chance to get sick in the winter or whatever.

Yes, I am an evil cruel simstress.
Instructor
#35 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 10:46 PM
The thing I'm still waiting for is a search feature in buy mode, lol! I have sooooo much, especially in the decorative category, and it gets frustrating trying to find one specific plant among fifty.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#36 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by palabravampiress
I know this might sound strange, but I really want In Season to be able to do some damage to my Sims. I want an unexpected flood to wreck their new dream home. I want to witness the occasional shark attack (or jelly fish, I guess, since the game is supposed to be approved for kids) when Sims are vacationing at the beach. I want a thunderstorm to cause a power outage just at that crucial moment when a Sim is cooking dinner for the headmaster. Basically, if weather has the power to ruin something in real life, I want it to have the power to do so in the Sims.

That sounds a lot like the disasters that occurred in Sim City. It was good because you had to plan ahead to be able to have the financial resources to rebuild after a disaster, and it also stopped you from getting fed up with the same stale old layout. If this was to happen in the sims then it would definitely be more of a challenge- and more like real life, as people could suddenly die catastrophically without being prompted to jump in a ladderless pool!
#37 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
That sounds a lot like the disasters that occurred in Sim City. It was good because you had to plan ahead to be able to have the financial resources to rebuild after a disaster, and it also stopped you from getting fed up with the same stale old layout. If this was to happen in the sims then it would definitely be more of a challenge- and more like real life, as people could suddenly die catastrophically without being prompted to jump in a ladderless pool!

Not to mention, my sims families end up with a large access of cash.. It'd be nice to have something happen and either be able to fix it and have a little money left over, or have to live in the rubble for a while.. XD
#38 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 1:59 AM
humm i would say....fog... it would be nice to have fog... :P
#39 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 2:02 AM
Another potencial feature for winter and Nightlife users with cars available: "Call Mr. Plow. That's my name. That name again is Mr. Plow."
Field Researcher
#40 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 3:25 AM
does it strike anyone else as odd that the dogs can get in the car and go out with the family but the toddlers can't what the freak when will the toddlers do more they get boring pretty fast for me in my game they don't have enough interactions with anything and anyone, I'm sorry when my kids were toddlers they did more than drink bottles look at the fish tank and play with skill building toys I could take them to the park and to stores and restaurants daycare for the love of god they need to do something in that area but I so doubt it!!!!

smile:D
#41 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Question
Another potencial feature for winter and Nightlife users with cars available: "Call Mr. Plow. That's my name. That name again is Mr. Plow."

Totally 100% agree with you there! That could be a new career track too. "Mr/Mrs Plow man person"
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
If this was to happen in the sims then it would definitely be more of a challenge- and more like real life, as people could suddenly die catastrophically without being prompted to jump in a ladderless pool!

Do you have something against ladderless pools simsample? :D
#43 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 3:34 AM
I don't expect anything out of the EP. There were some ideas I noticed that would be nice, though.

Sims actually noticing the weather. (Needs dropping because of heat/cold, whatever.)
New jobs.
Disasters.
Seasonal clothes that don't suck.
Flora + the ground changing with the seasons. (Like if it rained, flowers wouldn't need watering because of it, and your bushes might get overgrown or something.)
Snow days.
Dancing in the rain.
Catching snowflakes with tongue.
Snowball fights.

What have you.
#44 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 3:48 AM
Yeah, all of the above is good. I just pray that they actually TRY this time. I don't want to have to buy another half-arsed expansion pack whichis worth a silly stuff pack.
Test Subject
#45 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 10:03 PM
I would like to see Activities, like RollerBlading and Skatebording in te spring and summer and autumn/fall
the sims go out, buy a Skatebord and return home and use it and how well they do depends on their Creativity skill points or something ^^
I'm just a little bundle of ideas now ^^
#46 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 7:13 PM
Oooh, Sims trying to skateboard. That would be le cute! I'd love to see that.

I think what would be really great is some Placebo in Simlish. I'm thinking English Summer Rain here...
Test Subject
#47 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 9:24 PM
Romantic actions like picnicing, camping, stuff like that. Sims and Pet interactions with the elements would be good too ^_^

Storms for weather. That would be good
Theorist
#48 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Question

Lol, now that would be awesome! I wonder how many people are used to yellow sims?

Yeah, I'd love to have my sims skateboarding - it would be like Will Wright's Pro Skater, lol (or WWPS for short)! If they do put skateboarding there should also be the direct control mode from the console versions to make it even more fun.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 6:47 PM
Ok, some things that I'd like.
- a working bank, where sims could deposit their money, borrow money, get credits for a bigger house or a new car, make online payments, have ATM's, (some hazards could be linked like credit card fraud, ATM fraud, get their cards or purses stolen, bank goes out of business)
- a sky slope and skying activity, preferably with race/competition option too.
- competition option for swimmingpools
- horce racing with betting options
- illegal car racing with bets
- perhaps a working airport for going to different neighbourhoods.
- possiblity to walk the babys in a baby carriage in the park
- tricycles for small kids that they could ride in the park and working slides (those things that they will put for the pool, but it should be for land only), and see-saws.
Scholar
#50 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 7:14 PM
well i only just read the previews and im happy to say at least one of my wants sounds to be in the ep...a sims marco polo yays! hopefully more pool interactions along with it such as pool volley ball or somthing just maybe then my sims will do mor ethan look at the pool and actually play in it

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Page 2 of 3