Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 8:53 PM
Default Burning Questions
Hi, I have some burning questions to ask about the expansion pack, I've done some of my own research on the net but came back empty handed.
  • Is there going to be lightning, tornadoes (I am really hoping for this one), rain, hail and sunshine, I don't mean sunshine in the traditional way of a circular sun in the sky, I mean proper graphics for it like the rays of the sun and casting shadows onto the sim if it becomes overcast, and also from a video I briefly saw a meteor shower aswell, is this going to be happening?
  • Roller skating aswell as ice skating (about time, YEAHAA!)
  • Circular pools
  • Are there new interactions for this expansion pack including (inter)actions swimming pool and between couple and family interactions (hoping for more here)
  • I also saw butterflies in a few photos, will this be something that sim children and teens can do by catching butterflies, or is this only a childrens activity (I love the whole catching butterfly thing)

Thankyou

Auroraspirit :angel:
Advertisement
#2 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 10:15 PM
I can answer some of these for you auroraspirit.

Yes there is hail and rain, and I have heard there are meteors that occur when using the special aspiration reward object that can change the weather (probably with less than gold aspiration).
Yes there is roller skating as well...apparently it isn't just a recolor and is a whole new object (so you can't change it when each season comes around...oh well).
Yes there is circular pools. (Watch out for the pool slide )
There are new interactions like 'Give Gift' and 'Snowball Fight', and some new actions like' Make Snow Angel. There is also a new game called 'Marco Polo' which can only be played in the pool.
I believe it is all ages that can catch the butterflies, I could have sworn I saw an adult woman catching them...
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 10:30 PM
Circular pools? Are they the regular kind, or above-ground? :?:
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by onsenmark
Circular pools? Are they the regular kind, or above-ground? :?:

The regular kind. Sure would rock if they were above-ground.
Instructor
#5 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 5:50 AM
It would be cool if they were above, but they are to be in-ground pools. Would have added some variety to the game. Yes, all ages can catch butterflies. But that's the first that I've heard of meteor showers! Those sims had better watch out or they could end up like...dead... Well! Gotta go, (not supposed to be on the internet this late, lol)

Ciao,
~M~
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 8:29 AM
Anything about tornadoes? Would be very realistic for stories and movies.

Auroraspirit :angel:
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 1:18 PM
I don't think they mentioned anything about tornadoes.
#8 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 1:26 PM
Its probably best to wait and get confirmation from EA, as at the moment we can only all go by the same resources which don't tell us everything.

I don't have anything to contribute that wasn't mentioned above ^^
Field Researcher
#9 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 5:28 PM
So, have you got a video of that meteors, link or image?! It sounds very, very cool!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 3:12 AM
How about this: What will happen in desert settings during winter and fall? Will it be snowing like it would in a lush environment?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 4:20 AM
Chaze, I'm pretty sure you can adjust settings, like if you had a desert town you could make it so it didn't go through the fall and winter seasons.

Likewise, you can make a place that snows all the time. XD

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Panique
Chaze, I'm pretty sure you can adjust settings, like if you had a desert town you could make it so it didn't go through the fall and winter seasons.

Likewise, you can make a place that snows all the time. XD

Now that sounds terribly interesting to me. Maybe EA would also add a small feature depending on the terrain type you choose for the neighborhood? And add more with snowy. Like in desert you get more heat, more chances for sunburns and such etc. Hta could give good possibilities neighborhood wise but still, i'm not sure if they would think of such a thing. Would be really cool though. :]

And meteors? I sure would hope there are climatic catastrophes in this expansion pack. If there are snow storm, why not other type of more or less stronger storms? :]

Art, the most sublime mission of mankind for it is the exercice of the mind that seeks to understand and to make understand.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lilie
Now that sounds terribly interesting to me. Maybe EA would also add a small feature depending on the terrain type you choose for the neighborhood? And add more with snowy. Like in desert you get more heat, more chances for sunburns and such etc. Hta could give good possibilities neighborhood wise but still, i'm not sure if they would think of such a thing. Would be really cool though. :]

And meteors? I sure would hope there are climatic catastrophes in this expansion pack. If there are snow storm, why not other type of more or less stronger storms? :]

There's that thing that Panique talked about.
#14 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 10:09 AM
Hey I heard that there's going to be a Yeti or Mermaid in this new expansion? is that true? anyone has any clues?
#15 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 11:02 AM
Nope, no yeti or mermaid. The 'creature' is plant people this time.
#16 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 11:07 AM
There's a picture of the slide on the official site, you can see a circular pool in there. And I doubt there'd be a tornado.

Can you really make a neighbourhood winter all the time?
Field Researcher
#17 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 11:13 AM
Aparantly you can. Or fall all the time or summer all the time or spring all the time. I think constant winter sounds coolest though!
#18 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 6:54 PM
Don't forget about the penguins Cuteness for sure lol
Field Researcher
#19 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 7:48 AM
Oh man when this comes out I have so got to get this! I wonder if the custom skintone will still get sunburned I was curious about that does it?
#20 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by danishani2
I wonder if the custom skintone will still get sunburned I was curious about that does it?

I don't think that a custom skintone will get sunburned because the original EA-skintones may be programmed to turn into red when they're too hot, but maybe the sunburn is similar to the snow mantle (even custom objects will be snow covered), so that also sims with own skintones can suffer from sunburn.
#21 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Crystal
I don't think that a custom skintone will get sunburned because the original EA-skintones may be programmed to turn into red when they're too hot, but maybe the sunburn is similar to the snow mantle (even custom objects will be snow covered), so that also sims with own skintones can suffer from sunburn.

They'll probably do what they did for vampires, making a sunburn like a "tatoo" so it works on all skins.
Instructor
#22 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 10:09 PM
My burning question is, "Can male plant people spawn children?" HeeHee! Well it's not really burning, but I am curious about it. Don't real plants have both male and female parts and thus reproduce on their own with a little help from bees?

*strains to remember freshmen biology*

Dream
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KangarooDied
Nope, no yeti or mermaid. The 'creature' is plant people this time.

Would it have killed Maxis to dip into mythology since they've run out of movie monsters to use? Nymphs would have easily fit into the Seasons EP as the oddity Sim. Oh well. "Plant people." Feh! =p
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 4:31 PM
I am curious to know if Townies, Downtownies, etc will change their clothes dependent upon the weather. I would hate to have a home business, and the seasons change, but Goopy, etc show up in their default outfits or the custum content ones I change for every single season.
#25 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 7:35 PM
Ahh.. It'll be so cool to see all the townies change, too, with the seasons! I don't see why they wouldn't, seeing as it would look REALLY out of place.. *^^*
Page 1 of 2