Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 3:47 AM
Ever since that incident with Pets I've decided pre-order no longer! Not like I pre-ordered much anyway but still. :P
Advertisement
#27 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 3:52 PM
Yes & No. I think it's an excuse to get more people to pre-order, but then again...your not just pre-ordering to get the game quicker. You actually get something out of it! BUT .. what about the other Sims 2 players? Maxis needs to consider them in this "pr-order gift" thing as well. Maybe for a short/long period of time Maxis should put the gift up for download? This is just my opinion...

Benny Boy
Instructor
#28 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 6:37 PM
I'm never going to pre-order after the Pets incident.. And it also has it's charm to go down to your local store and buy it and bring it home.. Anyway, that's what I think..

Feel free to call me Squash

#29 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 7:01 PM
What happened with the Pets expansion pack pre-order? I'm a little confused...
Field Researcher
#30 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 7:39 PM
I really get p*ssed at this typoe of stuff, because even is I wanted to preorder, I wouldn't get the stuff because I have a mac. GRR

potterhead
call me bria
Test Subject
#31 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Benny Boy
What happened with the Pets expansion pack pre-order? I'm a little confused...

Pets pre-orders a'sploded. That's what happened.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chandi

What is a'sploded?
#33 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chandi

:confused: How did it a'splode?? Did people not get their pre-orders when they were suppose too??
Quote: Originally posted by era506
What is a'sploded?

It's another word for exploded i think era506. :P
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Benny Boy
It's another word for exploded i think era506. :P

Ooooohhhhhh!!! I've learned a new contraction!! (Sorry, English is not my native language)

And, I didn't have problems with Pets pre-orders. I pre-ordered on August 27th and I got this e-mail on October 17th.

Quote:
EDUARDO,

Thank you for pre-ordering The Sims 2 Pets.

As a special bonus for pre-ordering The Sims 2 Pets for PC, here are
the exclusive code and directions for unlocking your Bandit Cat.

Add this exclusive and mysteriously masked pet to your Sims' lives by
following the unlock directions below!

Unlock Code: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

1. Start The Sims 2 Pets.
2. Enter a Neighborhood, click the FAMILIES button, then click
CREATE NEW FAMILY.
3. Click the Options icon (the "...") and then click the Game Options
icon (the cogs).
4. Click the Blue Key icon which opens the Unlocked Sims Gift Code
dialog box.
5. Click the Enter a Code Key icon, enter the code above, and click
the Check Mark icon. If your code is valid, the Bandit Cat will
appear in the Breed Bin.
6. Click the CREATE FAMILY button, click the CREATE A SIM button,
then click the CREATE A CAT button.
7. Click the CHOOSE A BREED (#2) button and you'll find the Bandit
Cat.

Thanks,

Your friends at the EA STORE

I was a little disappointed 'cause I don't like cats, then I found out that they where giving dogs in other stores.
Inventor
#35 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 2:40 PM
I couldn understand maybe one preorder gify, like if you order from EAGames but four?! That doesn't seem fair, even if you preorder, you'll only get one of the gifts. Why couldn't they just be nice and put them in the game.... I really want the swing but I'm not preodering.
#36 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 9:50 PM
Hmm...that is a very nice point that Maxis is NOT realizing PennyTheCorgi...

...WAIT!! Pets is going to include not one, but FOUR pre-order gifts?!?!?!

This I was not told and now reading this, I am definantly against the Seasons and future ep's pre-orders.

Maybe instead of giving each person who pre-orders 4 gifts, they give them a random one?? This is just a suggestion...
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 11:26 PM
I think pre orders are ok. I mean think about it, most of the pre orders aren't all that good any way right? So you aren't really missing out on anything. And if you really want them can't you just get the from a friend or get them when ever EA puts them up on the site (correct me if I'm wrong I thought they did). So over all I think they are ok. What's the use for a few items when you have a whole brand spanking new Ep to play with? :D
Field Researcher
#38 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 2:52 AM
I personally didn't care about pre-ordering(I can't),but the gifts aren't that cool,n I knew there'll be better stuffs later from other creators for free
Instructor
#39 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 4:28 AM
I don't really care, personally. I preordered Pets mainly because I couldn't wait for it to come out and knowing that my name was on a mailing list made me feel better I don't think its a big deal, people can choose to preorder for the items they want if they want them. To me, the custom content I will be able to download will be way better than either the swimsuit or the raincoat, so I really don't care.

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Field Researcher
#40 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 7:43 PM
It's a bad thing I think... I won't have that items, because I live in Portugal, and I pre-ordered already from a local shop here... but anyway, it doesn't matter, I'm not really interested on it, I bet the community will do items 10x better than that...
#41 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 12:44 AM
This may be slightly off topic, but...I pre-ordered Seasons from Amazon, and I didn't receive a download. Does it come included in the game, or...?
Theorist
#42 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 3:28 PM
Yes, they are beginning to cross the line with this pre-order bonus thing especially if at the last minute they decide to do the code sharing thing like they did with the special pet breeds. Now there are four different bonuses which is one more than they had with Pets. Who's going to pre-order at four different places? era506, I got the same e-mail you did but I never actually got the game in the mail. In the end I just had to buy the game from EB like always.

Sorry Nymphetish, I don't know the answer to your question. It should be a download though, maybe you'll get an e-mail on release day saying how to get your bonus (in your case the bathing suit).
#43 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 5:52 PM
I don't have the means to preorder, so I can't get the items. Kinda annoying. I liked how they did it with pets, making it so the items were unlockable in-game after an amount of time of playing. That way those who preordered got rewards, but everyone could get them eventually. I wish they would do that more often.
#44 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 8:39 AM
[QUOTE=Nymphetish]This may be slightly off topic, but...I pre-ordered Seasons from Amazon, and I

From what I remember about pre-ordering other games with bonuses such as these, that once the game is shipped (and they take your money) you should receive an email with a link to the download.

They won't give you the bonus goodie until they've gotten your money, otherwise, you could download the bonus, cancel the pre-order and move on to the next one. =)
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 8:49 AM
You know what, I never pre-order Sims 2 games, I always buy them second-hand when the price is interesting (because I'm currently unemployed) and it's not difficult to live without "bonus items" as long as custom content is most of the time so far more interesting than Maxis-made content

ONLY LOVE IS REVOLUTIONARY
#46 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 4:06 PM
I think it sucks because I know that if I order it in one place, Im missing out on another item somewhere else. Does anyone know if its illegal to share these items? I find it impossible to live without bonus items! and custom items.... I want it all dammit!
#47 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ijRoberts
[QUOTE=Nymphetish]This may be slightly off topic, but...I pre-ordered Seasons from Amazon, and I

From what I remember about pre-ordering other games with bonuses such as these, that once the game is shipped (and they take your money) you should receive an email with a link to the download.

They won't give you the bonus goodie until they've gotten your money, otherwise, you could download the bonus, cancel the pre-order and move on to the next one. =)

Thanks!
#48 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 10:21 PM
They are so devious,them outlets! Theyll be up for download within a week anyway

Melanie,gpstore.co.nz got a preorder gift for Pets.I kept bugging them about it,and it ended up they g0t one-dalmation. dse.co.nz also has a dalmation for listing on the site-search sims2.

Thepolygotnerd-game.co.uk,play.com and amazon.co.uk did preorder gifts for Pets.
Game is doing a swing for bonus-look around,other sites should do them
#49 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 10:40 AM
Gameplay.co.uk are doing the trellis, if anyone is interested in that particular item.

As a whole however, I do think that these items should come with the game. I'm sure all these stores involved in the offer make enough money as it is, without manipulating simmers into buying from them, based on what exclusive item they are offering.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 11:11 AM
Well, to be honest - its really unfair to those of us in other countries! We can't pre-order the game from those sites with the bonus items because they won't ship it internationally.

It should perhaps rather be like the "hint" from when the game was first released - register your copy of the Sims 2 Seasons and get your special gift (mind you - I would have had issues back before we got our brand new shiny net connection at home). But 4 different gifts? Really - do they think anyone is going to buy the game 4 times? Its quite sad really.
Page 2 of 3