Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 5:01 PM
Default Thoughts on this expansion?
How do you feel about it? Are you looking forward to it? Are you worried about what it's going to break? Are you going to buy it on release or wait and see what other people have to say first?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 5:07 PM
I'll buy it immediately, of course, but I'm not that much excited about it. I can really live without weather for my sims, though it would be cool for stories I thinlk, but yet, I wish it could be more than just weather. I'll buy it because I buy every EP, I like to have my game comlete, but I doubt I'll love it.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 5:08 PM
Hmmmm i think it'll be fun to have the different season's, BUT if it has so many problems like the pets exp i don't think i'll bother.
#4 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 5:13 PM
Yeah I'm in looking forward to it, or rather looking forward to more information as to what other little tidbits it will include.

And I'll probably buy it when it's released, I usually do if I have the funds to do so lol
Theorist
#5 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 5:15 PM
Well, I think I am probably 'done' with Maxis expansions. I was not impressed with Pets, I don't buy the Stuff packs and I am not really interested in weather.

The only downside is it will limit what I can download without the latest expansion(s). My videocard needs replacing before I can stress it out anymore.

Unless I got a very good deal I would not buy it.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 5:17 PM
I couldn't buy it on release if I wanted to. I always get my copies way later, and by that time I think all issues are solved because I've never had any problems with my game. And I always installed them with a full downloads folder. First few times didn't know I shouldn't, last time I forgot. Right now i'm still waiting for Pets to come in stores in Romania, but weather and snowball fighting will definitely be great to have. And some real farm animals too.
#7 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 5:20 PM
Sounds stupid to me. Nothing after Nightlife and maybe OFB has caught my interests. As for the Stuff Packs? Yeah....sure.
#8 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 5:20 PM
Farm animals? Have I missed something? lol
#9 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 5:26 PM
weather would be cool. it will add more realism into the game. but i will not buy it on release date. i'll wait for some feedbacks to be sure that it will not mess my game. i still haven't got pets yet because i heard it caused many problems to others
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 5:41 PM
Yeah I will buy seasons... the more effects the better... though it will probably slow the game down loads when it does rain or something, and theres only so much some video cards can take. As for stuff packs I bought Festive Stuff LOL.

My first stuff pack was Family Fun Stuff... and I quite enjoy it. It doesn't do much for my game but it's nice to know the items and clothes are there if I ever need them...

I am worried about Seasons because EA stated somewhere that all exdpansion packs from now on will be released on DVD version in Europe and Pets struggles to work on my PC because when I first bought Pets it wouldn't work at all. "The disc is not in the drive please insert it" When it's in..... like HELLO? So after Seasons comes out I will have to wait about a month before the CD version is sold in England like I saw CD-ROM pets in GAME in Meadowhall and it was double the price of the DVD version so I am a bit worried... Festive Stuff is on CD-Rom so I am a it confused. Anyone shed any light please?

*´")
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Wil-Redfern*¨)¸;*
Field Researcher
#11 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 5:44 PM
I'm not sure about it.. I'm feeling a bit worried about it for some reason.

My Pro's:
-Weather sounds great, I've wanted weather for a long time. Atmosphere is very important to me, the eternal sunny days in the game are getting rather boring.

My Cons:
-A lot of people want the Vacation aspect in this game however.. I despised that EP for TS1 so I really don't want it. I really hope it won't be put in.

-I'm sure it will be released on DVD only again in Europe.. which doesn't work on my computer -- so just like with Pets, I'll have to wait till a friend of a friend puts my game on a CD for me. Lot of trouble.

-My video card is getting old too; Maxis is supporting it less and less apparently, since with each EP I lose some graphic features.

All in all, I have no idea what to think of it yet, there are quite a lot of personal cons for me. I guess I'll wait till we finally get some information about this EP. I will probably buy it I suppose, just because of the weather feature.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
#12 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 1:00 AM
I'm excited about it. I love the sims, but weather will just make it better and I absolutely love snow!
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 1:08 AM
I get the feeling it may break more stuff than Pets did.

I've bought everything up to Pets, I won't be giving EA/Maxis anymore of my money, that's for sure :p
#14 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 3:24 AM
I'm worried it's totally going to break all my hacks when they've finally just been all updated. :P

But beyond that, I'm actually pretty psyched. I mean, I love real seasons, I'd love digital ones too. xD But I will wait and see what everyone says before I consider buying.
I hope it's not just seasons/weather, tho, and they somehow incorperate something else, whether it be vacations or something else. That's what disappointed me with pets- there wasn't really anything BUT pets. ;P (Yeah, I have ridiculous notions in my head.)
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
The only downside is it will limit what I can download without the latest expansion(s). My videocard needs replacing before I can stress it out anymore.

Took the words right outta my mouth! I very much dislike having to limit what I download, simply because some site uploaded an awesome hair mesh, for example. If I don't have Pets/GLS/FFS/etc, then it's useless to me. So I feel as if I have to buy the EP's in order to keep up with the CC. It's a vicious cycle, dangit.

EDIT: Ooooh, I'm an All-Star! Sweet! :D
Field Researcher
#16 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 6:29 AM
I'm not too excited about it, but I will likly buy it a few days after it's released. I was really looking forward to Pets, and was somehow dissapointed from it. I think it's my problem, as I thought Pets would be more ...I dunno, exciting, or it added more to the game then it was going to? Something like that, and my expectations were not met.

Of course, we really don't know all that much about Seasons yet, either, so we'll see how we/I feel about it when we get more information.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
#17 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 5:36 PM
I think it is an interesting idea and something that hasn't happened yet (unless it is like Vacation). The overall premise is pretty good. I would hope that either you can change the season yourself and have an option whether to use it or not. I guess I was looking more for a weather sort of system. Raining, windy, hot, cold. Like if your Sim went outside and it was hot and they were wearing a long sleeve shirt or something. Or even using an Animal Crossing sort of system where the season in the game is reflected on the season in real life.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 6:06 PM
In my opinion, expect it to be worse that Pets... as regards both glitches and modding problems. I believe EA is on a roll.
... Or, they'll see what the users think about the rushed Pets EP, and they'll improve.

To me, the latter is less probable.
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 6:10 PM
I'll do what I do for now...wait to see what everyone else says before buying it. I'm free from the pet glitches thanks to that method as I used to buy EPs straight away.

~Love is blind, i know this because you cant see me!~
Alchemist
#20 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 6:11 PM
I agree. They are whipping them out wayy too fast and thus the workmanship is sloppy. I think I am going to wait a bit with Seasons and see what people say; I was anticipating pets but weather doesn't interest me THAT much...especially if nothing else comes with it. If that turns out to be true I'm not even buying it. Not worth 30 to 40 euros just to see some rain and snow.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Instructor
#21 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 6:16 PM
i'm not so fond of it... Might sound funny but weather... duh, I dunno if I should like it or not since I haven't seen any example videos or pics yet on how it might look...
I already got rain and thunders in my game (OFB moon) and it's pretty weird :D
Instructor
#22 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 5:10 PM
I want to know how the sync it... It's winter at one house, and you switch to the next one and they're in the middle of a summer heatwave. Can't see it working...

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 10:02 PM
I probably most likely will buy it but not right away. I have all the xp except for The Pets. Will be getting that soon.

I am not happy they are releasing The Stuff Packs though. I got the first one, Holiday I think it was called, and was very disappointed by it and have not got another stuff pack since. The glamour stuff pack sounds good though but I want to see what is in before buying it.
#24 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 11:05 PM
I'll definately buy it, as I do with all others,
I guess I'm looking forward to the seasons I think it will be fun having all the different ones!
I've been waiting for an EP like this, More life-like moments, dramatic stuff.
Kinda like a soap opera... Eh?!
Forum Resident
#25 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 7:20 AM
I'll buy it - simply so that I can download any CC that tickles my fancy. I was very disappointed with Pets - so I will not expect too much with the new expansion. I agree that they are releasing too many games in quick sucession.
With regards to the seasons... I was wondering... how will sims be affected by the weather? Will summer-loving sims get moody in winter??? Will they get cold if they wore a summer dress in winter? Perhaps they would get the sniffles if they played outside in the snow for too long?

Also weather is an "outdoors" element. So perhaps the majority of new objects might be for the outdoors... More pool furniture? And tree-houses for our sim kiddies? How about plants that change according to the seasons... trees that lose their leaves... leaves that turn brown... Snow-dusted trees? And how about a community lot...with an ice-rink - and our sims could go ice-skating??? And another thing... they ought to make the pool more realistic - like pool water that turns brown if ours sims did not clean it!

(I kinda like these ideas - most likely EA Games will not have thought of it... so yeah I expect to be very disappointed - AGAIN!)

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Page 1 of 6