Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 9:54 PM
Can you pre-order now? in the Seasons page at thesims2.com says "Pre-order coming soon!"
Advertisement
#27 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 10:06 PM
I'm sure I'll get it with in 5 days of it coming out. Always do :D
#28 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 8:07 AM
Since I'm in Asia, I'm expecting it Seasons to (fall, strike down, rain, shine, come) about April or March, if you say it releases about the same time as OFB. I'll wait until the price drops and the bugs fixed, then that'll be around May or June. Wow, a distraction when school starts again. Maxis do release things under wrong timing :P
Test Subject
#29 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 7:01 PM
I first heard about this EP a few days ago (I live under a rock I know), and was thinking it sounded pretty cool. Today I was looking at screenshots and info about the EP, and I gotta say I'm glad I didn't find out about this in November! I'd've been going crazy! It's still a long way away till the release date. Hopefully since I just bought OFB and Pets the other night, hopefully those will keep me company until this EP comes out.

I'm seriously considering pre-ordering it... Too excited! I can't wait to see those thunderstorms and whatnot... :yippee:

I've never been this excited about an EP. I've never gotten EPs right when they come out, it was always like a month or so after. I think this time will be a completely different story.
#30 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 7:08 PM
According to Bol.com, In Season is released 1 March in the Netherlands. It will cost 39,99 euro.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 7:14 PM
Oops, I'm just reading it'll come out February 23rd in the Benelux :p
Test Subject
#32 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 4:30 PM
Default More UK news
Play have obviously realised they were over charging because it now says this:

Quote:
our price: £17.99 Delivered
availability: Due for release on 02/03/2007 (2nd March)

RRP: £19.99 You save: £2.00 (10%)

It's gone to a day later as well but it's back to the price of normal eps

CDwow also have a release date of the 2nd and their price is £16.75.

Amazon doesn't have it at all yet (which is stupid when they have the harry potter book which doesn't even have a release date!)

Game have it at full price (£19.99) which they always do. Release date is also 2/3/07

They're the main 3 UK game sites that I usually check and I haven't ever found cheaper than CDwow but Play is usually better at getting it out in time for release day or the day after.

Its probably changed release date because the 2nd is a friday and from what I can remember I think most of the EPs have been released on friday's
Field Researcher
#33 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 11:40 AM
i preorder it at dynabyte at the store and they say i can pik it up at 1 feb. O_O
and it only gonna cost me 26,- euro. ^_^
#34 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolh5000
Amazon doesn't have it at all yet (which is stupid when they have the harry potter book which doesn't even have a release date!)

It is on Amazon.co.uk but for some reason it is under Sims:In Season instead of Sims 2. It is £16.99 at the moment but I can't see any sign of the Prima guide yet.

I pre-ordered Petz pretty early on from amazon, then about 2 weeks before release they dropped the price of the EP but didn't adjust the price on my pre-order. Needless to say I cancelled my Petz order and reordered at the cheaper price. I shall be keeping my eye out to see if they do that with Seasons.

Edit - release date also 2nd March.

2nd edit - Amazon have now corrected the title to Sims 2: In Season
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 2:13 PM
I just checked gamestop.com and they have a pre-release ship date of 2/27/07. I never pre-order because I'm afraid it won't get here until after I could have purchased it at a store. I do have to admit to having trouble getting pets tho. I just might pre-order this one!
Scholar
#36 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 2:30 PM
Default UK Prices
Play.com have now reduced their price to £14.99 including delivery, so I might just have to pre-oder it now!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mildlydisguised
Amazon have now corrected the title to Sims 2: In Season

Isn't the title "The Sims 2: Seasons" not "IN Season"?
#38 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 12:26 AM
what is the release date for macs?
Forum Resident
#39 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Babbelsim
i preorder it at dynabyte at the store and they say i can pik it up at 1 feb. O_O
and it only gonna cost me 26,- euro. ^_^

Are you sure you can get Seasons on 1st Feb? I think they might mean March, because surely the game is still going through testing or something?
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 4:30 AM
I just pre-ordered it! Yay!! I'm so exited for this EP!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#41 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 9:35 PM
At SnootySims.com, you can see the "Sam-mail" (letter to the community from Sam Player, Senior Producer of the Sims 2). He says that it will ship on February 27th. He also mentions more information about the upgraded pool features. :D

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
#42 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 6:49 PM
i still don't get this ship date thing----so when can I show up and get it at my local EB? Why do they term it that way? When a movie or cd comes out, the ads says Pick it up on DDDD or In stores DDDD. So why don't we get a definite date out of them?
Forum Resident
#43 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 6:51 PM
my guess is that since it SHIPS on the 27th, it will be out at most stores on the 28th or 29th.

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Test Subject
#44 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 4:08 AM
It even says on the official website, and with the release date being just a month away, I won't expect any changes except for shipping delays during last minute.

I guess i'm not the only one who had problems with pre-order of pets. I decided to go get it with the guide at Best Buy, and I bought glamour life with it as well. Believe it or not, I actually get $30 off when you buy 2 PC Games. That means that I would get Pets for free if I get Glamour Life. Hopefully the discount is still at large so I can do the same thing for Seasons and Life Stories. You know, I never got my money back for returning Pets to amazon.

CODE LYOKO!!!!!!!!!
Field Researcher
#45 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 10:05 AM
awwww man I am going to be tortured my b-day is July 1st DAGNNABIT! I HAVE TO WAIT 4 or 5 FRICKEN' TORTURING MONTHS GRRRRRRR!
#46 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 1:17 AM
I'm happy it's out by march.. really want it in Canada by my birthday
Field Researcher
#47 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 7:07 AM
I wished my b-day was on that date lol but another problem Jeff Foxworthy is coming here where I live March 9th AHHHHH TONS OF TORTURE! *thinks of a plan* I don't know what to do except run around my room and scream "WHY?! WHY?! WHY?! I CAN'T TAKE THIS TORTURE" also Hilary Duff's new CD comes out April 4th *slaps self*
so its like this.

Sims 2 Seasons: March 1st-----$49.99
Jeff Foxworthy: March 9th-----$89.99 or more
Hilary Duff's new CD: April4th-------$13.99
Running around the room screaming because all of those are so close together:----- PRICELESS TORTURE!
#48 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 4:05 PM
My birthday is on March 19th. Grawr. >_> I guess I can wait.
Test Subject
#49 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by danishani2
I wished my b-day was on that date lol but another problem Jeff Foxworthy is coming here where I live March 9th AHHHHH TONS OF TORTURE! *thinks of a plan* I don't know what to do except run around my room and scream "WHY?! WHY?! WHY?! I CAN'T TAKE THIS TORTURE" also Hilary Duff's new CD comes out April 4th *slaps self*
so its like this.

Sims 2 Seasons: March 1st-----$49.99
Jeff Foxworthy: March 9th-----$89.99 or more
Hilary Duff's new CD: April4th-------$13.99
Running around the room screaming because all of those are so close together:----- PRICELESS TORTURE!

I thought The Sims 2: Seasons was $29.99... I could be wrong though. If you're buying it withhh the strategy guide, it'll be an extra $20 or so.

EDIT: Nope... I'm not wrong... the game is $29.99 (unless, like I said, you're buying the strategy guide with it) So maybe if you had planned on buying the strategy guide with it, you could wait on thattt part. Otherwise... well... you're sortaaa in luck Enjoy all that stuff though!
#50 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 5:10 AM
shipping on the 27th...
So buying it in stores will be on the 28th?
Page 2 of 3