Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 2:52 AM
Default What seasons are your hoods gonna have?
Since u can choose them, whats seasons are yours gonna have?

Maxis: (In order)
Pleasantview: Autumn, Autumn, Spring, Summer.

Strangetowndont play this hood)

Veronaville: Autumn, Winter, Spring, Spring

Custom:
Riverside: Autumn, Autumn, Spring, Summer

Tuscany Island: Autumn, Winter, Spring, Spring

Thousand Oaks: Autumn, Winter, Spring, Spring
Advertisement
#2 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 2:53 AM
I'll probably do Pleasantview with the traditional, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, because I like variety and that's really the only hood that I play.
#3 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 2:56 AM
I only play Pleasantview so i'll do it like Tigress. I like the game to be as realistic as possible so that is why I will have it that way. It should be fun. Can't wait for the expansion pack. :D
#4 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 3:01 AM
I want to experience all 4 seasons so I will go with realistic ones. If it turns out that one season is annoying or stupid I might skip it.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 4:33 AM
I will experience every season, but in a custom hood I would like a rainy season (spring I think?) and a dry season (summer) 'cause those are the only seasons in my country.
#6 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 5:33 AM
I'll have it in order for my neighborhoods (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall). I'll probably have sub neighborhoods that will have extended winters or summers, but I'll always have it in order.
#7 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 5:37 AM
SOOO GONNA BE FALL! love fall!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 10:03 AM
I only have one neighbourhood left, my custom one - Alabaster.
It will definitely just have all seasons: Winter-Spring-Summer-Autumn.
So I can try everything out. :D

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 1:30 PM
I'll do the normal Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter deal, except with Strangetown I'll make the summer last a tad longer to simulate the desert climate.

"Make believe in magic, make believe in dreams
Make believe impossible, nothing as it seems
See, touch, taste, smell, hear, but never know if it's real"
--The Cure, "More Than This"
Stupid people are stupid
#10 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 1:26 PM
Same as we have in The Netherlands: That would be rain and rain and spring and rain and rain and summer and rain and rain and rain and fall with even more rain and than finally winter with rain and rain and rain...
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 2:13 PM
This may be subject to change, depending on the hood -- but I'l probably start with Spring, Summer, Autumn -- basically the weather in my part of the world by most standards.
Instructor
#12 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 4:32 PM
I'd have the same weather as we have here in Denmark which is Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.. But it might change if I find one of the seasons annoying..

Feel free to call me Squash

Alchemist
#13 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 5:29 PM
Well, first I'm gonna try the traditional 4 seasons...I'm currently playing in a custom 'hood with lush terrain so it's realistic as well. If I end up hating one, I'll just skip it XD

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Field Researcher
#14 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 5:43 PM
For my Los Angeles Neighborhood, I'll probably choose the seasons as suggested for California weather by Maxis, but I can't remember off the top o' me head.

For the Wizarding World it will be all four seasons, probably starting with summer or spring...

And for COM Studios (where I take all of my photos, film all of my movies) it will be whatever a particular scene needs.

-Holy Hell!-
The cement is just - it's there for the weight dear!

Nice 'n' easy does it everytime...
Mad Poster
#15 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 5:44 PM
Presently I have just one main custom neighbourhood and one subhood. Actually there are two main hoods but one will be deleted. For the main neighbourhood I'll go with a normal seasons cycle: Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. For the subhood, since it's a winter/sky resort, I'll go with a winter only season. Also, I intentd to make one more neighbourhood to create a seaside resort and that will have summer season all the time.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 5:54 PM
In all of my neighborhoods but one, it'll be always winter and fall, just because I like that sort of weather. My arizona/strangetown neighborhood will of course be just summer and autumn, since in the spring, it rains, and we can't be having any of that in AZ.

*counter culture since '03 and counting*

"LMAO wtf r u syaing?!!1!"
The above sentence is not english. I only understand english. Thank you.
Instructor
#17 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 6:53 PM
I have just one lonely hood in my game, with just 1 family living in it...

Yeah... I just started fresh!

I think I'm going to have the normal Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, because it's a realistic hood. If I ever create another, I'll experiment. Although when I think of it... I might try and fit a double winter in there... I like winter!

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Field Researcher
#18 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 7:00 PM
I'd probably start off normally (winter // spring // summer // autumn) and eventually switch to (winter // winter // spring // autumn) because I hate real summer and anticipate not liking simulated summer.
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 8:31 PM
pleasant view is the only one I play. I will do autumn, winter, spring, summer
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 9:14 PM
I'll do at least one cycle of the four seasons... but if possible I'm then going to change it to perpetual winter, at least on certain lots... for storytelling purposes, doncha know!
#21 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 8:41 AM
Well, I'm pretty sure I'll stick with the standard setup for Pleasantview: Autumn, Winter, Spring, Summer.

Since I only have one other custom neighborhood, I'll probably go with something that's a little nearer to my own [real life] climate: Autumn, Autumn, Spring, Summer.
retired moderator
#22 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 8:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SarahTheS
doncha know!

Haha... Are you from Minnesota? You sound just like us with the "doncha know"

Formerly known as boolPropped
Field Researcher
#23 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 9:02 PM
I only play my custom hood: Hogsmeade with its sub-hoods and I'll give it the traditional weather, though I think it's cool that you can make a ICE-hood or a Summer-hood. I like to keep things real.

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
Instructor
#24 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 10:38 PM
I only play my custom hood, Kievan Rus (w00t for finding names out of your history school book, works for sims too, lol) and when I entered this thread I was thinking, "well that's easy, all of them, duh" but now that I really think about it, I might play all four seasons in pleasantview or one of the other maxis NH's, just to get the feel of 'em, and then decide which ones are right for Kievan Rus.

Right now I feel like Autumn is inevitable for my NH.. just seems like most of the sims there are the Autumn type, lol. Dunno about the other seasons yet. Like I said I'll prolly play one of the maxis 'hoods first.
Test Subject
#25 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 7:04 PM
I'm not really sure, I don't plan that far ahead or that deep.

But mostly I'm going to be dealing with Spring and Summer.. that's for sure. Don't care much for Fall, and Winter sucks but it's fun sometimes.
Page 1 of 3