Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 2:22 PM
Default is everyone ready for seasons?
:howdy: i just freed up space on my hardrive i have 149gb hardrive anda gig of ram and iwas down to79gbs but i just got rid ofa heap of junk and im back to125gbs free space and 86% free hardrive seasons should work great for me is anyone else busy cleaning up their hardrives lol? according to what EB games told me today it hits aus shelves on march the 1st
Advertisement
#2 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 2:27 PM
I understand it anyway. Well, technically it's okay. And my allowance is exact for me to buy the seasons.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 4:13 PM
I have more HD space than I need. Now, the trick is to clean out my downloads file.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 4:18 PM
I am not ready, but I don't have to be yet - it will take a while before I can get the game.

When I get it, I'll remove my downloads folder and only keep some hairs... space is needed, my HD only has 40GB. I also need to delete downloads to make the game run well though. It's rather laggy at the moment, although I can't do much about that. Compy is old. T^T

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 5:11 PM
I'm pretty much ready, but I do plan to delete some of my downloads before I install it.
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 5:14 PM
I don't think I'm gonna clear out my downloads, I'll miss them to much! Downloads shouldn't conflict with seasons should they? only hacks but I'm gonna delete them anyway
Inventor
#7 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 5:30 PM
I'm ready. After my computer crashed I reorganized my downloads into named folders so I know what/where everything is. Now, When I get seasons in a few days, all I have to do is remove my hacks and delete anything I don't use that much.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 5:32 PM
I think so, I would like to get some more ram though......I will let go of some things once I get it installed so it runs better.......
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 5:38 PM
I've been deleting all the CC I don't need. I just have the female custom hair bin left now, and BOY is that going to be one heck of a task. I can't believe how many hairstyles I have in there I've never used.

My name is Loren.
#10 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 5:47 PM
I've also been doing a lot of CC deleting. I've been merciless, I deleted everything I've rarely used, everything that was ugly/flawed/similar to something else, and I keep deleting stuff everytime I play. I now only need ten minutes to start the game, but I'd like it to be faster... I wonder what slows the game down, if it's objects, textures, or just too much clutter in my houses!
I think I'll probably try to play without hacks for a while, until they are updated.
Inventor
#11 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 5:52 PM
I think high poly count stuff slows your game too. I'v removed alot of meshed stuff and my game seems faster.
Theorist
#12 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 6:08 PM
I'm almost ready, I just need to remove Gunmod's lighting mod. I'm sure that will cause problems unless it gets overwritten like the camera mod does whenever I install an EP/SP.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 2:01 AM
I'm going to do the unthinkable and clear my downloads folder for Seasons.

I have over 5,100 pieces of custom content and it takes half my lifetime for Pets to load and I'm just tired of it. Most of it I don't even use.

However, that doesn't mean I'm not going to go and restock all the things I cannot live without.

Hair is my top priority. The Maxis hair makes me vomit a little when I see it. I better start tracking my favorite hair down now!
#14 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 2:11 AM
I only have like 20 downloads and they are all hair and clothes that shouldnt conflict with seasons right?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 2:14 AM
The only things that will conflict are Game Mods/Hacks (these have their own section in MTS2 and alter gameplay, hair, clothes, make up, ect. don't do that). If you are positive you don't have any of those then you should be set and have no problems.
#16 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 2:26 AM
Ok good I never download mods or hacks because I dont want to deal with the probleams they may cause.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 4:58 AM
I won't be doing much cleaning...I'm not concerned. I have about 200 GB of free space and a gig of ram, as well as a decent vid card (it's not wonderful but it's good enough to play sims 2 and Oblivion smoothly, and that's all I care about at the moment). I have way too many custom content downloads, but I like to have options. The most I will do before I install the game is to make a backup copy of my downloads folder, and package up my favorite sims and lots so that if Seasons conflicts with anything I can sort it out without losing data.
#18 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 6:11 AM
I mostly delete ugly recolors that Ive downloaded but will never use.
#19 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 6:15 AM
I have 1024 mb of ram.. is it okay?
#20 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JohnFritz
I have 1024 mb of ram.. is it okay?

Yes, that's 1gb of RAM.

My computer is all ready to go with 183gb of free space, 1gb of RAM, and a good video card. So hopefully I'll be picking it up when it gets released.
#21 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 6:45 AM
Eh. I want Seasons badly, but I should probably do some cleaning first. Oh, and I still gotta back up my files. <3
Instructor
#22 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 3:50 PM
i just went through and re-organized my downloads so i can pull out my hacks easily, when the time comes. but after my last instal i was quite careful about which objects and such i put into the game. i'll be dying untll InSim is updated...its one thing i cant live without.

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 3:57 PM
I'm not ready at all , i barely have hard-disk space left to install seasons (less than 2GB's) LOL but it comes out here on the 2nd of March so i have time to prepare and buy an extra disk which i needed anyway .

You will find my older and newest creations here
Alchemist
#24 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 4:19 PM
I pruned all my hair, and I gotta say I'm happy with the result! Everything is in its own folder, binned by me if it wasn't before, old/crappy hair burninated...took a whole week of work but I'm glad I did it. I also deleted some clothing I never used but I still need to work on that. Needless to say, I'm getting very impatient here, especially since I know some people already have it :P

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 4:28 PM
I REALLY need to sort out my dls,but whats the best program to do it with??
Page 1 of 4