Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 12:05 AM
I've been doing some hard drive cleaning myself. I'm deleting stuff I don't use anymore, and unfortunately had to uninstall The Sims 1 as part of that. Oh well, I have about 6 Gig on my HD now.

Current Avatar - KingChessmon from Digimon

Soon to come - Sims 3 Stuffage! *Gets out pen*
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 12:33 AM
i'm ready! I went through each household, deleting objects I thought might go wonky and making sure there were no pregnant teens/young adults and that each house had 8 or less sims (i think I can dump that hack--only one house was over, by one). I just backed my game up. I have 30 gigs free, so I think I'm good. I still kinda want a new graphics card (Nvidia 6200) but i'm okay with what I got. I am soooo looking forward to this!
#53 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 12:44 AM
Ahh crap. I have to go delete stuff? Dang it.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 3:38 AM
i defragmented my computer, deleted temporary folders, and i just ran my clean installer....15,480 packages....it's gonna be a long night....
#55 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Onsimsnow
Broo.. trust me.. deleting all custom content and starting fresh is a really good feeling.. after its over. If you really are dedicated to starting over.. just delete the whole folder.. but if you just wanna give it a shot... put it aside.. And the game runs a lot better!

I just did it. And.. So far it feels good. I couldn't believe my eyes when I checked my downloads folder size before deleting it. It was 8 gigs I didn't use even half of that stuff.. :einstein I guess I should start thinking twice before downloading again (it used to help a lot in past).
Test Subject
#56 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 12:15 PM
I just preordered my copy from Game,its ut n Friday over here in the UK.Im going to have a run through my downloads folder tonight and delete any rubbish i dont use,so hopefully seasons hsould be okay for me.
I plan to start off with the 4 seasons in regular form,then i'll create a new lot and choose my faves.
And then while i play,i'll also be patiently waiting for the creators to start doing their thing so i can add yet more lovely but useless stuff to my folder
#57 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 1:18 PM
I just bought a new graphics card, which I'm super excited about, and deleted all of my custom content - 3 gigs gone! I'm actually pretty excited to start over again. I am going to watch what I download from now on, though! Most of the downloads that I had deleted, I had never used...
Test Subject
#58 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 2:07 PM
Nope, i'm not ready.

I just bought the game, so i'm moving my downloads folder right now. After that, still need to clean up the comp and defrag it. And i'm probably going to uninstall one of the previous packs, since I really need the space!

And then, tonight ------> PLAY TIME!

I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh. But I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry........
Instructor
#59 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 4:01 PM
Lucky!!! *pouts* I'm getting the game tomorrow, so tonight I'll be cleaning up and out, de-fragmenting, backing-up, deleting families, uninstalling other games, etc, etc... yea. But otherwise I'm totally ready for Seasons. I can't wait!!! *is anxious*
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 4:33 PM
I removed all my downloads yesterday. i don't want to do a complete reinstall of all games but i do want clean neighborhoods. (I can't find my uni disk :-( and now i have to figure out how to get around that.) i have all my other disks just not that one. I think i am going to have to go in game and delete all the families and houses manuelly. which sucks.

Love yourself for who you are
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 4:44 PM
If any of you has a NVIDIA GeForce 6200 card, be prepared for some weirdness.

I installed Seasons and, when I entered the game, all my resolution options were gone. The game would display only at 800x600. I was not the only one with the card and the problem - two others had the same card and the same problem.

No matter what I did - I even reinstalled DirectX 9.0c and updated the video card driver - the game would display only at 800x600 resolution. (My computer screen is set at 1280x1024 resolution.) Desperate, we took the 6200 card out of my comp and replaced it with an older NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 card... and my game resolution options came back! At last, I was able to set a higher resolution for my game. (I can't play it at 800x600. It looks terrible at 800x600.)

So, if you have the NVIDIA 6200 card, you might want to prepare yourself for some weirdness. 8|
Instructor
#62 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 4:51 PM
Oh my!! I'll have to check my card when I get home *worries*...
Instructor
#63 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 5:24 PM
I'm not ready. But that's more an issue of not having a very good processor. XD Oh, and I haven't finished the default skins I'm making, or any of the other things I need for a story I have planned.

I always just cross my fingers and hope everything works out ok in the end. LOL
Test Subject
#64 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 5:39 PM
For the last two EPs I've done a clean install and I kind of like it. Gets rid of any really glitchy lots (with Pets there have been a lot more). Only deal with this is for some reason the game won't load from the CDs anymore. I have to copy the CD content to folders on my hard drive and then install from there. Very annoying.

As for the downloads folder... after I installed Pets, a lot of my favorite clothes didn't work anymore... even with the stinkin' patch. So, it will be good to start over.... again.

I was debating whether to re-install Pets though. I had myself convinced last night to not do it. But, this morning I'm all... wellllll maybe I should. I mean, I was totally over Pets by the 2nd day I installed it. Very disappointing.
Test Subject
#65 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shimmeringcat
If any of you has a NVIDIA GeForce 6200 card, be prepared for some weirdness.
|

Don't SAY THAT! I really don't want to have to get a new card just to play this game. :weep:
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 6:32 PM
I've sorted mine. Just got to delete the hacks when before i get seasons. I'm sure i've got enough space. Hopefully it'll be up & running soon.

Oh. I've got that graphics card! Weirdness for me!
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 7:01 PM
I'm so bad.

I plan to do a complete wipe out of my downloads folder since I took it out and tested how long it takes to load my game content free, and it was about ten times faster in loading.

But then I convinced myself I can't live without some custom hair and clothes, which I have already started downloading and putting in a seperate folder for safe keeping until Seasons comes out.

So I am going to wipe out the old downloads and put in my new ones. So bringing us full circle, why am I claiming to be bad? I'm already at 700 pieces of custom content. :doh
#68 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 7:50 PM
I'm going through and prying my downloads folder to pieces right now in prep for Seasons. I started at around 4500 last night, and after murdering my custom content in Bodyshop I'm down to 3500.

Aim to be somewhere around 2000 before I buy it tomorrow. I'm about to delete a major portion of my recolors right now.

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
Banned
#69 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 7:54 PM
No, I need to clean out my downloads folder.
#70 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Derange
I'm going through and prying my downloads folder to pieces right now in prep for Seasons. I started at around 4500 last night, and after murdering my custom content in Bodyshop I'm down to 3500.

Aim to be somewhere around 2000 before I buy it tomorrow. I'm about to delete a major portion of my recolors right now.

I started doing that too. I went from 4764 down to 4319 on just skin tones/makeup alone. Then, I have 1/2 way through objects and I have 3774. I am doing it blind though. Just going through Clean Installer and picking things I have no clue what they are.
Banned
#71 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shimmeringcat
So, if you have the NVIDIA 6200 card, you might want to prepare yourself for some weirdness.

I have a 6100.
#72 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 7:58 PM
I guess I am.I deleted all my downloads and I will be downloading again as soon as I get seasons.My computer is fine, so yeah Im ready!
#73 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 8:09 PM
Eh. Forget it, I'm deleting the whole thing and re-downloading. Expect to see me frequenting WCIF today.

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
Theorist
#74 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 8:12 PM
I'm not sure if the cheat I found at Snooty Sims will work with Season (I hope so). It's helped my Nvidia 7600 from crashing. It's been a lifesaver. Before I could only play a half hour before a crash. Now it's as long as I want.

In case you have the same issues try it...boolprop useshaders false.
Keep your fingers crossed it works with Seasons...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
#75 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 8:12 PM
Oh yea, my comp is ready to get f***ked by seasons.. get it tomorrow
Page 3 of 4