Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 5:41 AM
So far - I've had no problems. There is a slight lag on my computer during winter, but it actually wasn't as bad as I half expected it to be.

Babies - blah. I hate that stage so much, that before when the insimenator was working, I would age them up to toddlers the day they were born :laugh: Can't do that now, but I cheat anyways, so... :P

Here and back and then again... rinse, lather, repeat...
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 5:43 AM
Well, i had an upstairs patio in a house, and in the middle of the patio was one of those hot tubs that sink down into the floor. There was a snowstorm and a square of snow the size of the hot tub ended up on the living room floor below it!! So I had to put an awning all around the patio.
#28 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 5:53 AM
I had the gardening club at the house for 3 days inspecting the garden for admittance to the club. The woman never looked at anything just wandered around the house playing chess, dancing and trying to talk to everyone through the darn teddy bear, she left after a few hours. I tried to get the guys to leave by using the 'ask to leave' interaction but they ignored it and keep wandering around writing on their clipboards. On the 3rd day, the guys finally peed their pants then left without a report on the garden.
Test Subject
#29 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 6:00 AM
^That is too funny.^

I haven't had any problems during gameplay, but I did have the resolution problem when I first installed. All fixed now, but the game lags a bit in larger lots. That had never happened to me before.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ribbons
My sims can't primp. =\

Same here. But I'm not particularly bothered by it. XD
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#31 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 6:22 AM
Sims get stuck in energizers. I've been in contact with other Simmers who are experiencing the same problem. Definately can be duplicated. It seems that unless your Sim is in low needs, they get stuck in the contraption. I have to cancel the action to extract them. Oh goody...I get to fill out a bug form.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 6:27 AM
Hmmmmm - the new baby fun needs are just screaming for a clever modder to make a baby mobile to hang by the cribs... pity I'm not a clever modder.

Only played for a short bit, but no glitches to report (yet) - then again I only played in Riverblossom, so it'll be interesting to see if that changes in my other hoods.

Not so much a glitch, but a warning: you need to stock the juicer from your inventory. My sims had been stocking the fridge... but you can't get the fruit/veg out once you've put it in there. Silly me. So rather carry the fruit/veg in your inventory until you want to use it.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 10:47 AM
I've had two jumps in action, one weird with the headmaster when he actually 'jumped' back into the car and then came out again after being greeted but so far that is it.

One slight strange arm movement when a kid sim drinks hot choc and talks to the adult next to her while sitting at the table, the arm goes through the body, but that is not really that important.
Alchemist
#34 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:04 AM
No glitches so far for me. In fact, I'm rather pleased with that, I was so annoyed because of Pets...

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:07 AM
UNIVERSITY:
-when I call to join a greek house, everything goes as normal...but when I have around 2 hours remaining, They all suddenly leave for no good reason... The time counter start from 6 hours (is that normal? I mean I've never looked at how much time the counter starts)

PETS:
- A (stray)-pet came to my lot, entered the house (without being greeted), destroyed a few objects and just left again... Only happened once, though

BASE:
- baby's cry too much. If they want fun, then they should ask maxis for baby toys. :mean: (I use the triplets & quads hack, cause I love triplets... but they are getting a little hard to take care now)

- The want to be engaged, never fullfills (you'd think they would fix a thing like that, cause I've had that bug for ages)

-nanny: once her time to go had come and her car arrived... another nanny got out... and nanny1 got away... hey all my sims are home, so no nanny should have come... (get what I mean?)

- gardener: I created a garden, and called a gardener. The gardener came the same day, ofcourse nothing needed to be done yet. Still the gardener stayed from 8am to 4pm and I had to pay her! (she always stays until 4pm, even when she finished all her work)

-nanny: I have twins, and both sims needed to work, so I called the nanny. She came at the normal hour, but left an hour BEFORE one of my sims got home. Leaving my baby twins ALONE...
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ribbons
My sims can't primp. =\

Neighter mine.. I though it was some hack... Deactivated'em all, but still cant primp -.-
Stupid people are stupid
#37 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 2:07 PM
i have one really weird glitch and i have no idea what caused it. I started a new neighbourhood on sunday. Made a family and a single (test)sim. Test sims name is Tessa Test. On tuesday i installed Seasons and went to play with another sim i made to check out the new outerwear and hair in CAS.
Wednesday evening the test sim strolled ny my house and she's suddenly named Alon Zarubin... Went back to the neighbourhood and checked the lot (a 1x2, downloaded from Marylou's site) and in the neighbourhood view her name is still Tessa Test. Went back in my lot and made my sim talk to her. After she left i tried to call her, but since she hasn't a phone, the right pop-up came to tell me that i can't call someone who hasn't got a phone.

I'm not sure if it's a Seasons bug or not, but it sure is weird...
Test Subject
#38 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 2:54 PM
I am not sure if this is a glitch or I am just not getting something.
If I play the house that I have built, sims won't change into outwear automatically in the winter, I have to make them change every time they are going out.
But, then I played the family from new Season neighborhood, they were changing automatically, no problem.
Am I not getting something??
By the way I have no hacks or even that much of custom content.

"Life is like box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." -- Forrest Gump
Field Researcher
#39 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 3:05 PM
angel_f, one of my friends (who isn't on this forum) just smsed me to tell me that all of her sims that she made (not townies or born-in-game-sims, they're fine) have had their name mysteriously changed. So you're not the only one!

Eeeeep. Haven't gone to my normal neighbourhoods yet... so I have no clue if that's happened to me. Eek.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 3:17 PM
I'm not able to play my shop lots...every time I have a Sim try and visit one it switches over to the build/buy mode for the particular Community lot for some strange reason, and doesn't let me go back to live mode, forcing me to close back to the neighborhood (this doesn't happen with all my Community lots, just the shops...also I've got a number of hacks and unique objects installed, so I don't know if one of them causes the problem or if it just happens to be widespread with the game itself)
Before my shop lots switch to buy/build mode with a Sim visiting them, I've tried to click on the clothes racks to buy new outerwear for the Sim, and the outerwear option doesn't turn up, either. (Possible hacked object conflict: a now-outdated version of Monique's expanded Moneywell computer, as it has an option to shop for clothes; I'll likely need to re-d/l it when it's updated for Seasons)

Beyond these annoying shop lot bugs, my game seems OK.

Tim (aka the Slipperman)
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#41 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aroyzen1983
I am not sure if this is a glitch or I am just not getting something.
If I play the house that I have built, sims won't change into outwear automatically in the winter, I have to make them change every time they are going out.
But, then I played the family from new Season neighborhood, they were changing automatically, no problem.
Am I not getting something??
By the way I have no hacks or even that much of custom content.

Here's MaxoidSam's take on glitches: http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/bl...user_id=3104068

As far as changing clothes goes...remember, you can have warm days in winter (especially the first day when the temperature is overlapping). There is an actual temperature range in the game that is invisible to us. Therefore, Sims can go outside in street clothes during winter. Now..if your Sim is running outside in their underwear during a blizzard, that would be a true problem! LOL

Here's an edited version of Temperatures and how they affect the game:
Each days temp is chosen at random from the seasons's overall temp range. To keep the change from being too radical, the season also imposes a tighter limit on how much the next day's temp can shift. These ranges are weighted. This makes it more likely that a season will trend in the direction you'd expect: winters start warmer and get colder etc. As a result, shifts in temp will only be large if it fits the season- a winter's day can drop up to 30 pts from the day before, but only warm by a mere 10 pts.

Each range spans 2-3 temp zones that overlap one another. For ex: fall temps can reach the med-high reaches of the comfortable zone (+20) and the lower range of the cold zone (-40), overlapping with spring on the high side and winter on the bottom. Also temp can be temporarily lowered by precipitation and nightfall.

This would explain why a Sim may not change to outerwear..particularly during the first days of winter.
I hope this makes sense. LOL

EDIT: Skylark..re: Sims changing names. There seems to be a connection between switching games from us_en to uk-en. I have to cut and paste Pescado's take on this because the forum it is lifted from is restricted:

" if your sim names change, it's usually an artifact of your game being suddenly switched from en_us to en_uk or vice versa, causing a different stringset to be used. "

This may, or may no be causing your problem.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#42 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 3:31 PM
Wow, thanks canoodle for such an insightful answer. It does make sense when I was playing family in my house it wasn't snowing and I assume it might have not been that cold. I guess I should be more patient and wait for blizzard!
Thank you again!

"Life is like box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." -- Forrest Gump
#43 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kittielickie
Well, I can't see the fish in the pond when they are fishing. in the video, you can see them splashing in the water but i don't see that. they are still catching fish, but i don't see any. I haven't seen any lightning bugs yet either?? but maybe that's not a glitch, maybe not the right season???

Try the "boolprop useshaders true" cheat if you don't see fish in the pond. That helped me.

I think the fireflies come out in the summer, but I haven't played that season yet.

My "problems":
I haven't seen the butterflies yet, and I played the whole spring season.

I don't have reflections on the pool or shadows, I really wanted to see this. I suspect my system can handle it? Maybe there is a quick fix like with the fish. I do see waves on the surface.

The animations in the snow fight are a little jumpy.

Overall, it's a beautiful expansion, great weather effects but it's very taxing on my computer, snowstorms especially brings everything to an unplayable crawl.

I'm running a P4 with 1G of RAM, I know I could do a little better with some extra memory but I wonder what kind of ideal system do you need to play this expansion smoothly.

I forgot, a minor annoyance, the preorder bonus with Amazon doesn't install properly even though it says it's installed.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robin Hood

I'm running a P4 with 1G of RAM, I know I could do a little better with some extra memory but I wonder what kind of ideal system do you need to play this expansion smoothly.

You don't need a wow system at all!

I have a Radeon 9800Pro, Athlon 64 3000+ and 1Gb of RAM. I have it at the highest settings, have *a lot* of d/l-s and no lags, jumps, anything at all! My CPU is above yours but other than that we have the same RAM. Memory is very important in the Sims, from my experience this tends to solve a lot of problems.
#45 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 4:45 PM
I wonder if it is my video card then, I have a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 with 256MB of memory.

I have custom content disabled and the game action does go significantly slower than before installing this expasion.
#46 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 4:47 PM
This isn't really a glitch, but more of a question:

Where do the leftovers go when you put them away? I was thinking that you could put them away and then take them out again later, but apparently not...
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#47 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 4:48 PM
They go in the fridge. If you didn't remove your hacks or have custom fridges this may disable the option. Read the sticky at the top of the forum. :-)

Field Researcher
#48 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robin Hood
I wonder if it is my video card then, I have a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 with 256MB of memory.

I have custom content disabled and the game action does go significantly slower than before installing this expasion.

It could very well be that. Let me be honest, I don't like NVIDIA, and that GeForce can't be compared to what I have, though, my card, right now (not when I bought it) is at the max, at the lower end of medium cards. It can run Oblivion (if you know what game that is) and it's an AGP card. So I'd actually look into that part perhaps if you can, I don't know what the price for it is now, but doubt it's something huge considering it's passe now.
#49 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 4:54 PM
for those who said about babies crying

"4) My babies won't stop crying! GLITCH. Yep, this is a problem and we will be fixing it in a Seasons patch. My apologies."

from maxoidsams blog (link a couple of posts above)

dont worry, its not a fun issue lol
Stupid people are stupid
#50 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tigress
This isn't really a glitch, but more of a question:

Where do the leftovers go when you put them away? I was thinking that you could put them away and then take them out again later, but apparently not...

Custom fridge or Maxis fridge?
Any hacks? If yes: TAKE THEM OUT!
Quote: Originally posted by skylark
angel_f, one of my friends (who isn't on this forum) just smsed me to tell me that all of her sims that she made (not townies or born-in-game-sims, they're fine) have had their name mysteriously changed. So you're not the only one!

Eeeeep. Haven't gone to my normal neighbourhoods yet... so I have no clue if that's happened to me. Eek.

Glad to know i'm not the only one. It makes me wonder what your friend and i have in common. Did she too change the language of the game? I did from dutch to english. Maybe that's the problem (just fishing around).
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Tech help belongs on MTS2.
Page 2 of 7