Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#51 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 5:17 PM
Angel, apparently switching languages can cause the problem. Pescado has a fix. It involves editing the registry. If you're interested it's in the RetardoLand forum. I believe Kewian started the thread. :-) If you can't access it, I can cut and paste the details.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Advertisement
Stupid people are stupid
#52 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by canoodle
Angel, apparently switching languages can cause the problem. Pescado has a fix. It involves editing the registry. If you're interested it's in the RetardoLand forum. I believe Kewian started the thread. :-) If you can't access it, I can cut and paste the details.

Thanks for letting me know. I don't think i would try a fix. As i said, i just started this neighbourhood, so it's no big deal. I just wasn't sure what caused it.
Instructor
#53 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robin Hood
My "problems":
I haven't seen the butterflies yet, and I played the whole spring season.

Butterflies appear in Fall (Autumn).
Test Subject
#54 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 6:17 PM
I had issues with leftovers also, until I realized I was using a custom fridge. And of course you cant take leftovers out of custom fridges, how would they have a leftovers option when they cloned those things? It wasnt around then! Just like the old bathrubs when pets came out, and you couldnt bathe your pets in custom baths, the new leftovers must be from Maxis fridges. On a side note, if you put food INTO a custom fridge and then realize you cant take it, you can switch to a Maxis fridge and voila! Your leftovers are there.
I found another bug but I can not make it happen again. I was playing on a lot and I run a fairly hack free game. A couple objects but that is all. My sim got married and his new wife brought her TV over from her old house. I went to place it and it wouldnt let me take it out of her inventory. I couldnt take anything out actually, nor could I go into aspiration rewards or career rewards. It was like I was at a store... but I was at home. Same thing happened to her husband. After a sim week went by, I exited the lot and came in and then could use the inventory again. Weird.
#55 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 6:27 PM
NO glicthces no lag no hack imcopatybilities nothing.. it works 100%
#56 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 7:19 PM
Yep.
Some of the roomates in the dorm I'm currently playing have just turned into a black sillhoette.
It doesn't bother me though.
It's quite cool actually =)
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 8:23 PM
Not really sure what caussed this but when i exited my game to add a few more CC things and take out the pregnancy wear all hack to see if that was my issue with not being able to change my outerwear. Well when i went back into the game the baby was laying in a pile of garbage no big deal but my husband and son who had both been gone at work and school were home in the middle of the day and it said that they had both missed class and work for the day. Not a big deal but it kinda irked me since i was going for an A+ and a promotion that day.

Visit my site http://geocities.com/fairy_goddess922/

I love Plumbob!!!
Field Researcher
#58 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ferrischick99
Not really sure what caussed this but when i exited my game to add a few more CC things and take out the pregnancy wear all hack to see if that was my issue with not being able to change my outerwear. Well when i went back into the game the baby was laying in a pile of garbage no big deal but my husband and son who had both been gone at work and school were home in the middle of the day and it said that they had both missed class and work for the day. Not a big deal but it kinda irked me since i was going for an A+ and a promotion that day.

I've had that happen when I've newly installed a new EP or stuff pack. I thought it was normal. They should be fine as long as they go to work and school the next day.
#59 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 8:46 PM
I have problem with one lots grass flashing blue. Thought that it would be caused by some hack, but it happens even with no custom content.
Any ideas what to do?
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by .:TSN:.
I have problem with one lots grass flashing blue. Thought that it would be caused by some hack, but it happens even with no custom content.
Any ideas what to do?

Sounds like a graphics card issue to me but not positive, my DH had to buy a new graphics card on is PC when we got pets because that was happening to him.

Visit my site http://geocities.com/fairy_goddess922/

I love Plumbob!!!
#61 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 9:00 PM
I think it's a part of the Season..
But in Winter, the kids' Socials decay a lot faster than Normal...
#62 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 9:02 PM
Sounds like a graphics card issue to me but not positive, my DH had to buy a new graphics card on is PC when we got pets because that was happening to him.

Yeah.. But it doesnt happen on any other lots and it also didnt happen in that lot until I played it for a while and saved it.

I'll have to play some other lots more to see whether it starts to happen there too..
#63 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 9:03 PM
Well, I have a few glitches. Firstly, when I go to a commercial lot (one my sim owns), its weather is stuck on the first day of Autumn. It won't change. I havent tried other commercial lots though.
Also, when making juice with the harvest fruits, the noise of the juice maker is 'delayed'. The noise of cutting/grinding the juice is run AFTER it has already finished. Minor glitch, but still...
The third one may not be a glitch, but if it's on purpose, I hope a hack is made for it soon. During autumn (and some part of winter), my sim continuesly complains about the 'environment (trash)' outside. Sweeping up all the fallen foilage helps, but only for a few moments .

My fish are also not showing (they are in the fish tanks though...), but I'm going to try deepen the pond and the cheat "boolprop useshaders true" first...
Test Subject
#64 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 9:18 PM
I don't know if this is a glitch but I have had my Sims leave to work then appear back at home just after they left and thier car goes missing. Anybody have the same problem?
Test Subject
#65 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 9:29 PM

Yes, I had exactly the same thing. When I started playing one of the saved families, all four of family members were at home. I got the message that they missed work and school. Since, the family was kinda new now kids have D- average

"Life is like box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." -- Forrest Gump
#66 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nekara
Also, when making juice with the harvest fruits, the noise of the juice maker is 'delayed'. The noise of cutting/grinding the juice is run AFTER it has already finished. Minor glitch, but still...

I have a similar problem with the sound although I think the noise of the juicer happens before they start using it.

Also there is an error with the sound effects of the pool slide, the sound of the splashing occurs before the action.

Actually, based on the game logs I'm having a lot of sound erros.
#67 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 10:03 PM
Eh, not sure if it's a glitch but it unistalled my sims 2 pets game.... GRRRR....
Forum Resident
#68 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 10:26 PM
My sims seems to be mysteriously 'teleporting' around the lot. For example I instructed female sim to give backrub to male sim (the were in the kitchen at the time), he turned around, and suddenly both of them were magically teleported to the back garden, in the middle of a snowstorm. I have noticed several glitches during gardening too. I guess it would not be a Maxis expansion pack with 357 glitches...
On the positive side I love the lighting for the different seasons, esp. autumn. And the realistic sound of the thunderstorm. Did anyone notice that the firetruck makes a different sound now? (Cooking fires also seem more intense to me!)

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
#69 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 10:37 PM
don't think this is a glitch, but it sure is getting on my nerves....
every time a sim goes outdoors, they change into their outerwear - even in summer when their temparature bar is way up. i have to put a coat rack OUTSIDE to change them back into normal clothes.

also, this may be a glitch, but my sims wont stop showering and taking a bath! even when all their motives are maxed out. its so annoying.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 10:58 PM
Oy vey. Congratulations, EA, on shipping a game to South Africa first with one version of English then with another.... Very smart indeed.

Yip - it happened to me too. I'm going to delete all the sims out of a neighbourhood I just started and my story Sims will just be replaced with their next counterparts. For your amusement I illustrate the glitch with the help of the lovely Miranda Bordeaux from the story I will get round to finishing pictures for the first chapter for... someday.

The glitch wouldn't annoy me quite so much if it could at least get gender right... but even Miranda looks unimpressed with this one.
#71 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:00 PM
In bodyshop, theres no Season icon like there is with other EPs,not a biggie,but oh well.
And it seems like mine does AutoSave.....at random intervals,normally when paused,it lags/freezes for 10mins,music still playing.Then suddenly goes back to how it was.....also,saving took 15mins yesterday...its normally 3mins for me...
Inventor
#72 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:51 PM
I haven't run into any lag problems but I did get a glitch where my sim brought home a pregnant townie from work.
#73 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zukoislove
So far I haven't had any glitches...then again the only glitch I had with pets was food coming out of a sim's hand after they fed a pet. Maybe I'm just lucky. =)

I HAVE THAT PROBLEM TOO.. its kinda annoying.. in the last expansion with just pets, the food box would often too be stuck in the sims hand.
#74 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 12:04 AM
One of my sim boys has had a D+ for like 2 sim weeks now... no matter how happy i make him and the fact that he always does his homework, his grades still dont go up. One of my sim girls has an A+ and she does her homeowrk less than the little boy and isnt always attending school as happy...(although at least her grades keep going up and down where as the boy's seem to not want to raise at all) they are on aging off if anyone thinks that may make a difference, but it shouldnt consideering i havent had this problem before.
Original Poster
#75 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 12:22 AM
Doggonit, just when you thought it wouldn't be glitch paradise, it is. Honestly, Maxis needs to think less about the money and more about the glitches. Thank you all, anyway!
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Tech help belongs on MTS2.
Page 3 of 7